PDA

View Full Version : Dallas!

coach
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
way to fight back! this looks like a different team. that was definitely a steal tonight....

FB-fanatic
05-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Way to go Mavs!

theville
05-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Mavs!

Farmersfan
05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
:( :( :( :(

I wouldn't know because it happened in the middle of the damn night! I was 2 hours into my REM cycle by the time this thing was over. The NBA needs a good kick in the ass for the scheduling of these games. Last nights game didn't even start until midnight on the East coast..................:mad: :mad:

Txbroadcaster
05-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

I wouldn't know because it happened in the middle of the damn night! I was 2 hours into my REM cycle by the time this thing was over. The NBA needs a good kick in the ass for the scheduling of these games. Last nights game didn't even start until midnight on the East coast..................:mad: :mad:

yea it is tough..but remember the game was starting at 7:30 LA time..so if you go to much earlier your talking about 5 or 6 LA time

coach
05-03-2011, 08:09 AM

and you call yourself a true fan...

waterboy
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I stayed up and watched it. After the game I was so hyped up that it still took me a half hour or more to fall asleep. Didn't hear my alarm clock this morning, or at least I don't remember. Good thing my wife went to bed at the normal time. She had to wake me up. I think that if the Mavs would've lost I'd be feeling it little more, but when they win it's not that bad.:clap: I do wish they would start the games on the west coast at least a half hour earlier though. Of course that means they would have to start the east coast games at least a half hour earlier, too.

Farmersfan
05-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea it is tough..but remember the game was starting at 7:30 LA time..so if you go to much earlier your talking about 5 or 6 LA time

The problem comes from ONE network carrying both games. All games should start at a normal time for the markets that are playing in those games. LA vs Dallas has a two hour difference in time zone so the game should be split between primetime in both markets. 6:00pm LA time/8:00pm Dallas time. (or even 7 & 9 if they would actually start the game on time). But anothe problem comes from the fact that the game is sceduled at 9:30 but doesn't start until after 10:00. The early game was over at 9:26 last night but by the time we had to listen to commentators and milk all the commercials they didn't tip off until right at 10:00pm.

And if I thought Dallas even had a chance in that game I would have stayed up. But I really expected a beat down like Dallas got the last week of the season when home court was at stake. Just like waterboy said I would not get to sleep for an hour after the game if Dallas had lost in a close game.

BEAST
05-03-2011, 09:23 AM
This win by Dallas sure did put ESPN in a heck of a bind. They normally love to lead off and sing praises to the Lakers. I loved it.

BEAST

Farmersfan
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Can you imagine the impact to the networks and ESPN if two small market teams play in the Finals. I know the networks are hoping for Lakers vs Heat but how great would it be if it turned out being OKC/Memphis vs Atlanta? (if Dallas doesn't advance of course).

Txbroadcaster
05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Can you imagine the impact to the networks and ESPN if two small market teams play in the Finals. I know the networks are hoping for Lakers vs Heat but how great would it be if it turned out being OKC/Memphis vs Atlanta? (if Dallas doesn't advance of course).

If OKC made it they would be happy..they would have a superstar they can push..they would cry if it was Memphis vs Atlanta

wildstangs
05-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I didn't get to stay up either. Noticed my mav friends were crying about officiating before the game even ended.

Lakers will respond - then Cuban will jump all over the officiating.

waterboy
05-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Actually, the officiating wasn't very good in this game, either, but it was a lot more balanced than we are used to, especially against L.A. The refs seem to get caught up in the glitz of Hollywood when the Lakers play. It doesn't really matter who they're playing, either, but to their credit this game wasn't horrible. The opponent, no matter who they are, can't afford to get caught up in questionable, bad, or no-calls against the Lakers. That plays right into the glamour and glitz, and mind games the Lakers exhibit to their opposition. If a team can play through all that extra stuff, and continue to play without it getting into their head they have a good chance at beating the Lakers. The Mavs did that last night and came away with an important win. This is a long series, however, and I expect the Lakers will try and come back with a vengeance. The Mavs just have to continue playing solid defense, not turn the ball over, and continue to run. If the Mavs continue to stay in these games until the end, I think they will win this series.:clap: