PDA

View Full Version : Tax break for Texas yacht owners

Ernest T Bass
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
But we must all make "shared sacrifices", right?
Tax break for yacht owners (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9MTFG5O0.htm)

bigwood33
04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
If the article is correct and people are going to Florida to purchase their luxury boats, then this just may increase revenue. It certainly isn't going to cost us anything.

Old LB
04-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Thank the Lord, gonna save me a lot of money! :D

bobcat1
04-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Thank the Lord, gonna save me a lot of money! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Me and you!

injuredinmelee
05-01-2011, 12:40 AM
i like my dingy.....

buckeyebob
05-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Idiots!! I payed zero sales tax for my last one...I just signed a form that it was Farm Use.

Emerson1
05-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
If the article is correct and people are going to Florida to purchase their luxury boats, then this just may increase revenue. It certainly isn't going to cost us anything.
This.

PPHSfan
05-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
This.

+1

Ernest T Bass
05-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Y'all really think so? You think there's enough yachts sold in Texas for over $250,000 to make a difference either way(I really have no idea)? Seems to me it's just a move to help a few folks out.
I mean, we all know that's the only way a Texas legislator can make a living, is with "contributions". How else can they afford to take a 6 month hiatus from their other job?
Maybe making them full-time legislators is the answer?

PPHSfan
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Y'all really think so? You think there's enough yachts sold in Texas for over $250,000 to make a difference either way(I really have no idea)? Seems to me it's just a move to help a few folks out.
I mean, we all know that's the only way a Texas legislator can make a living, is with "contributions". How else can they afford to take a 6 month hiatus from their other job?
Maybe making them full-time legislators is the answer?

You're joking right?

bigwood33
05-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
You're joking right?
I'm laughing

rancher
05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I know this is hard for some feetsball coaches, but please read carefully. The proposed law would CAP the MAXIMUM TAX the state would collect on the sale of a personal boat. Similar legislation related to tax breaks for yachts is being considered in several large yachting states, including Connecticut. The bill will now be considered by the full House in Texas. Sounds like some are envious of those who can afford the cost. Those adding to the ecomony by creating jobs not living off the gov. tit. After all if you buy a tractor, NO SALE TAXES.

95mustang
05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I know this is hard for some feetsball coaches, but please read carefully. The proposed law would CAP the MAXIMUM TAX the state would collect on the sale of a personal boat. Similar legislation related to tax breaks for yachts is being considered in several large yachting states, including Connecticut. The bill will now be considered by the full House in Texas. Sounds like some are envious of those who can afford the cost. Those adding to the ecomony by creating jobs not living off the gov. tit. After all if you buy a tractor, NO SALE TAXES.

:rolleyes: