PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Tonight 4-28-11

Phil C
04-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Casey is gone. :(

America got it wrong. The judges were shook up.

What a hugh mistake this is.

TheDOCTORdre
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

at least it wasn't a huge mistake:D

PPHSfan
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Once again the best is gone.

I can't believe that Scotty kid is still there. :doh:

44INAROW
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Once again the best is gone.

I can't believe that Scotty kid is still there. :doh:
no joke...... talk about a one trick pony :hand:

PPHSfan
04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
no joke...... talk about a one trick pony :hand:

And the one trick is lame.

DavidWooderson
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Casey should have been gone when he was voted off the 1st time.

Blastoderm55
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM

Phil, I admire America.

bobcat1
04-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Jacob Lusk has needed to be gone for 3 weeks now. You gonna tell me he is better than Pia or Casey? Please........

Ranger Mom
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Jacob Lusk has needed to be gone for 3 weeks now. You gonna tell me he is better than Pia or Casey? Please........

He's my least favorite in the competition, has been for a while now.

I like Lauren, James and Hayley at this point!!

Phil C
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
All of the judges but especially Randy was not happy with the decision.

oldtownag
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
My kids call Casey, Fozzy Bear. I for one did not care for him.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
its fake....face it....they always let the best go bc they know they will get a record deal.

bobcat1
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He's my least favorite in the competition, has been for a while now.

I like Lauren, James and Hayley at this point!! +1!

STANG RED
04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
I quit watching when Pia got voted off. Thought Jacob and Casey should have been gone long ago. At least Hayley is still in it. She's about the only one left I liked. But not enough to start watching it again.

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I told my wife when Casey performed that silly arse song and he did that irritating and ridiculous screeching and growling that he would be gone. He earned getting the boot in my mind. But I thought he should have been gone the first time he got voted off. Scotty and Jacob don't impress me in the least. Lauryn is too limited and too young but very talented. So that leaves Haley and James. I really, really didn't like James at first but he has earned my respect. His rendition of Muse's Uprising was better than the original. But then again I think Haley performed Rising in the Deep better than Adele did. If you didn't see Haley sing this I encourage you to follow my link and watch her sing Rolling in the Deep. Perfect song for her voice:

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/haley_reinhart/

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I told my wife when Casey performed that silly arse song and he did that irritating and ridiculous screeching and growling that he would be gone. He earned getting the boot in my mind. But I thought he should have been gone the first time he got voted off. Scotty and Jacob don't impress me in the least. Lauryn is too limited and too young but very talented. So that leaves Haley and James. I really, really didn't like James at first but he has earned my respect. His rendition of Muse's Uprising was better than the original. But then again I think Haley performed Rising in the Deep better than Adele did. If you didn't see Haley sing this I encourage you to follow my link and watch her sing Rolling in the Deep. Perfect song for her voice:

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/haley_reinhart/

I didn't really care for James in the beginning, but he has really grown on me each week.

I have always liked Lauren and Hayley though, but I think I am just ready for a girl to win it again!

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I didn't really care for James in the beginning, but he has really grown on me each week.

I have always liked Lauren and Hayley though, but I think I am just ready for a girl to win it again!

If Haley wins it I think it will be justified. But I don't think Lauren will have earned it if she gets it. I like her voice but doesn't it seem she is limited in her range? I think she and Scotty are being kept alive by a certain "Country" segment of our population that would vote for Scooby Doo if he spoke with a country twang......

poisoned10
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM

I like James early and his background story made me hope that he won.

But I really liked Casey and hate to see him go. He was fun to watch and listen to.

Jacob and Scottie NEED TO GO!!

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
If Haley wins it I think it will be justified. But I don't think Lauren will have earned it if she gets it. I like her voice but doesn't it seem she is limited in her range? I think she and Scotty are being kept alive by a certain "Country" segment of our population that would vote for Scooby Doo if he spoke with a country twang......

I love Lauren's voice....but then again, pretty much the only type of music I listen to is Classic Rock and Country. So...I even like Scotty, he just isn't one of my favorites.

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I love Lauren's voice....but then again, pretty much the only type of music I listen to is Classic Rock and Country. So...I even like Scotty, he just isn't one of my favorites.

Do you vote?

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Do you vote?

No...I haven't voted since the Carrie Underwood years!!

Also.....I TIVO it and watch it later, so I couldn't vote if I wanted to!

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
No...I haven't voted since the Carrie Underwood years!!

Also.....I TIVO it and watch it later, so I couldn't vote if I wanted to!

That's the only reason I watch it! My wife records it and we watch it on delay so she can fast forward through the commercials. (which seem to be WAY TO FREQUENT) :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
That's the only reason I watch it! My wife records it and we watch it on delay so she can fast forward through the commercials. (which seem to be WAY TO FREQUENT) :mad: :mad:

LOL!! That's the exact same reason I record it.

LIONS#1
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Does anyone watch One Life To Live??:nerd: Or as the World Turns??:nerd: :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2011, 12:49 PM

I really wasn't impressed with his performance the other night, but I was skipping back and forth between AI and The Voice.

Casey is the one that looks Amish, right? lol...I keep thinking he should be driving a buggy in Pennsylvania or something.:doh:

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I really wasn't impressed with his performance the other night, but I was skipping back and forth between AI and The Voice.

Casey is the one that looks Amish, right? lol...I keep thinking he should be driving a buggy in Pennsylvania or something.:doh:

His farewell performance was an embarrassment. I thought he was going to kiss Steven Tyler on the lips. And he tried to jump into the arms of one of his fellow contestants but they didn't know what he was doing and it almost ended in a total cluster ****. Some people liked his weirdness but I didn't care for it.

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 01:13 PM
His farewell performance was an embarrassment. I thought he was going to kiss Steven Tyler on the lips. And he tried to jump into the arms of one of his fellow contestants but they didn't know what he was doing and it almost ended in a total cluster ****. Some people liked his weirdness but I didn't care for it.

Not a fan of his weirdness but his versitatlity is awesome. He brought more genres to the mix than anyone. You never knew what was coming up next.

I thought, theatrically, his performance was best. It was like it could of been a music video instantly. Truth be told, the others are just better singers, they are all dang good.

This season is far better than the last few.

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought he was going to kiss Steven Tyler on the lips. And he tried to jump into the arms of one of his fellow contestants but they didn't know what he was doing and it almost ended in a total cluster ****. Some people liked his weirdness but I didn't care for it.

I saw that. It made me stop and worry what will happen when they kick the one contestant off (I am terrible with names) that loves wrestling and has the medical issues. Being removed from competition might send him over the edge (or at least he gives me that impression).

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Not a fan of his weirdness but his versitatlity is awesome. He brought more genres to the mix than anyone. You never knew what was coming up next.

I thought, theatrically, his performance was best. It was like it could of been a music video instantly. Truth be told, the others are just better singers, they are all dang good.

This season is far better than the last few.

That's what I told my wife. I liked that Crystal Bowersocks chick who was runner up last season but she wouldn't have made the top 25 this season. A much more talented group.

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I saw that. It made me stop and worry what will happen when they kick the one contestant off (I am terrible with names) that loves wrestling and has the medical issues. Being removed from competition might send him over the edge (or at least he gives me that impression).

James Durbin - he has Tourettes

You knowif he gets voted off there will be an itchy finger on the censor button :doh:
Actually it's pretty amazing he holds it together for all he has to go through:clap:

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
James Durbin - he has Tourettes

You knowif he gets voted off there will be an itchy finger on the censor button :doh:
Actually it's pretty amazing he holds it together for all he has to go through:clap:

He does a very good job of controlling his twitches and such when he is singing. But if you watch when he is in the background he is twitching, winking, squinching and making all kinds of facial contortions. It hilarious and makes us laugh everytime even though there is nothing funny about his condition.

:eek: :eek:

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
He does a very good job of controlling his twitches and such when he is singing. But if you watch when he is in the background he is twitching, winking, squinching and making all kinds of facial contortions. It hilarious and makes us laugh everytime even though there is nothing funny about his condition.

:eek: :eek:

You really just want to know what he is holding in :eek: :eek: I'm sure it would make Stephen Tyler blush :D

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 02:11 PM
You really just want to know what he is holding in :eek: :eek: I'm sure it would make Stephen Tyler blush :D

I think it's more Asperger's Syndrome than anything else.

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
The majority of people with Tourette's don't spontaneously shout out bad words....they are the minority.

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
The majority of people with Tourette's don't spontaneously shout out bad words....they are the minority.

So do you agree that it will be tough to watch James go through elimination? He has been so emotional at times when fellow contestants have left the show.

As RoyceTTU pointed out, it is amazing, I guess, that he has survived the continued stress so far.

p.s. if I had Tourette's, I might want to cuss spontaneously...I've been practicing, just in case.;)

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
...I've been practicing, just in case.;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can i use this on my wife?

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can i use this on my wife?

sure...it is important to be prepared at all times... :cool:

Ranger Mom
04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
So do you agree that it will be tough to watch James go through elimination? He has been so emotional at times when fellow contestants have left the show.

As RoyceTTU pointed out, it is amazing, I guess, that he has survived the continued stress so far.

p.s. if I had Tourette's, I might want to cuss spontaneously...I've been practicing, just in case.;)

LOL!! Is that the excuse Steven Tyler users when he does it??