09-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Read more on my next post

3afan2K3
09-26-2003, 10:14 PM
eek!

spaniard
09-26-2003, 10:18 PM
bleedgreen:
Read more on my next postholy schikees! thats gonna leave a mark! congrats on the win

RBARKER
09-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Congrates to Kennedale thats 2 years in a row eek! eek!

bleedgreen
09-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Here's a synopsis of the game:

Everman E28 10 plays fumbled to K on K20
Kennedale K20 8 plays 4th down fails on E30

Everman E22 3 plays punt to K38
Kennedale K38 18 plays for TD Face mask penalty killed Everman's defensive stop at E22
Everman E38 5 plays...4th down fake punt for TD on K40
Kennedale K29 7 plays Punt to E46
Everman E46 2 plays Time runs out

Kennedale K37 5 plays TD...Rex Harper 52 yd run
Everman E24 6 plays TD 2 yd run
Kennedale K40 12 plays TD fase mask and offsides killed Everman's defense
Everman E42 3 plays

Everman E44 Punt to K17
Kennedale K17 7 plays to E33...4th down failed by 1 foot
Everman E33 3 plays failed 4th down run (BIG PLAY for K defense)
Kennedale E41 10 plays TD
Everman E25 3 plays punt to K46
Kennedale K46 4 plays to E42...game over

Everman's defense made some huge mistakes and Kennedale made a big blunder on the punt fake for a touchdown. The bottom line is Kennedale made fewer mistakes and played with a lot of heart. Everman's front line is big and strong and stopped most runs up the middle. Kennedale's mis-direction and play action kept the Everman D off balance. I thought Bryan Barret, the Kennedale QB scrambled well and made big plays when he had to. I'll stop writing and start reading.

Hazben
09-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Now you see i have since day one been on the side of kennedale i even asked mattew328 on why they weren't even on his top 25 now this shows you how talented they realy are... good job guys ...congrats!

Chief Woodman
09-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Congrats Ktown....that is a big win.

aamove
09-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Congrats to Kennedale on the win

KTownBalla
09-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Not quiet the offensive show i expected, but my point spread was still correct.

All of you who said our defense was weak you are dead wrong now. we made key stops that allowed us to win the game.

Our offensive line isn't as bad as ya'll thought either. Let the final be my last words

Kennedale 30
Everman 16

wildstangs
09-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Talked to Matt earlier on the cellular. Was a closer game than the score shows. Everman had two huge 15 yard penalties to keep Kennedal drivies going. The Bulldogs also couldnt convert on a 4th and 1. Great win for the Wildcats though. They are gonna be tough in D2.

SintonFan
09-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Congrats to Kennedale on your opener! eek! eek! eek!

bleedgreen
09-27-2003, 09:27 AM
The key stat I said I would note played a big roll in winning. Kennedale punted only one time to Everman's three. In other words, Kennedale played ball control and clock control. I was simply amazed at Rex Harper towards the end of the game when Kennedale smelled the victory. On the last two possessions, he ran like a man on a mission....being stopped by two or three defenders only to break free, run some more and drag two or three more defenders down the field for more yardage all on his own power. Rex Harper took this game on his own shoulders and it became very personal.
On another matter, you keep calling our front line "munchkins" and it will become very personal the rest of this season for them too.
This game would have been much closer had the very obvious face mask penalties not occurred. On the other hand, there were several 3rd and 4th down plays that Kennedale executed to keep the ball rolling.

As Matt328 can tell you, Kennedale has no place kicker that can be counted on for extra points and field goals and I'm afraid that may hurt us down the road if we have to depend on 2-point conversions.

I still can't talk this morning from all the screaming I did last night. I just hope the "Harris Poll" writer I sat next to last night saw enough to convince him that Kennedale is "for real".

CatsDen
09-29-2003, 07:33 AM
I haven't heard anyone mention the defensive play of JD Hill....Wow! Getting JD back adds immediate force to the defense. Rex was outstanding again! That run where he broke 8 tackles and ran for the huge gain (with one shoe) was the back-breaker for Everman. Barrett looked good at QB, especially when he was dodging defenders on the 2pt conversions. Bostice had a a nice juggling catch over the middle to keep a drive going, along with his wide open TD catch. The offensive line did a good job of creating creases for the RBs and keeping the defense off of Bryan. Their work was even more impressive considering that Everman has 2 D1 commits and a possible 3rd on the defensive line.