PDA

View Full Version : First Rumor of NFL Draft About Dallas

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
They are in talks with NE to swap first round picks..9 for 17 and Dallas would get a 2nd round and 4th round as well

Phil C
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Don't do it Dallas! :(

Trashman
04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
As long as they don't trade up to take Cam Newton, I'm okay with it.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
If that is the deal I dont have a problem with it..pick up another 2nd and 4th..I dont think anyone at 9 is knocking Dallas's socks off

Phil C
04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
If you have a top ten pick you don't trade it unless you can also get a good established player that isn't too old. Otherwise you are trading away your future.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If you have a top ten pick you don't trade it unless you can also get a good established player that isn't too old. Otherwise you are trading away your future.

I would agree normally but in this draft there is not a player who will be sitting at 9 that is going to be a guaranteed star who should get top 10 money.

JasperDog94
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If you have a top ten pick you don't trade it unless you can also get a good established player that isn't too old. Otherwise you are trading away your future. Sorry Phil, but if Dallas can pick up an extra 2nd and 4th round pick by trading down a few spots AND THEY MAKE WISE CHOICES that would be a no brainer of a move.

Cam
04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll say it again.....

The draft is here and we'll all be glued,
Jerry will tell Jason just what he will do.
The boys will trade down & get too cute,
And miss out on the big lineman brute.
And as usual Jerry's boys will get screwed.....

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I'll say it again.....

The draft is here and we'll all be glued,
Jerry will tell Jason just what he will do.
The boys will trade down & get too cute,
And miss out on the big lineman brute.
And as usual Jerry's boys will get screwed.....

well written..problem is neither of the two OTs they are looking at are really top 10 talent

Old LB
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Won't matter who they draft if they keep Romo. :thinking:

Bullaholic
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I will never understand how the Cowboys continue to believe that Superbowls can be won by continuing to trade down and pass on the top talent year after year. I think this is the major reason for the playoff and Superbowl drought. The Cowboys have (2) top NFL names on their roster right now-- Demarcus Ware and Jason Witten. If they continue their trade-down policies, this will continue to be true. Build thru the draft---see NE Patriots for a blueprint.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I will never understand how the Cowboys continue to believe that Superbowls can be won by continuing to trade down and pass on the top talent year after year. I think this is the major reason for the playoff and Superbowl drought. The Cowboys have (2) top NFL names on their roster right now-- Demarcus Ware and Jason Witten. If they continue their trade-down policies, this will continue to be true. Build thru the draft---see NE Patriots for a blueprint.

NE almost always trades down and get more picks

Since Bill Belichick took over in Foxboro, New England leads the NFL in draft-day dealing. The Pats have made 42 trades during the last 10 drafts, which includes not making any in 2004. They made six last year.

heck in 09 They traded out first and ended up with 3 2nd round picks

Bullaholic
04-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
NE almost always trades down and get more picks

In recent years---but the core of that team was built thru the draft, if memory serves.

DDBooger
04-28-2011, 05:27 PM
I will never understand how the Cowboys continue to believe that Superbowls can be won by continuing to trade down and pass on the top talent year after year. Worked for the Pats

DDBooger
04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
In recent years---but the core of that team was built thru the draft, if memory serves. Bellicheck is system guy, he goes for pieces of the puzzle rather than one player fix-all. I don't like the guy, but his teams are consistent.

Bullaholic
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Worked for the Pats

After a little research, Boog and Txb---I would have to amend my post and say that the Pats did make some very good guesses while trading down---apparently the Cowboys need to borrow the NE scouting dept for a while.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
In recent years---but the core of that team was built thru the draft, if memory serves.

yes built thru the draft, but by trading down and getting quanity

This is what Bill Belicheck said in 09

Bill Belichick said at a press conference on Tuesday. “(In the second round) you can get more players for less money. It's a question of quality. When teams trade up in the draft, they trade up not for a spot, but for a specific player.”

They have only traded up twice in first round

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 05:33 PM
After a little research, Boog and Txb---I would have to amend my post and say that the Pats did make some very good guesses while trading down---apparently the Cowboys need to borrow the NE scouting dept for a while.

I can agree with that...People like to knock Jerry..but he leans HEAVILY on scouts..and of course Parcells as well( who made the worst trade down passing on Stephen Jackson)

Now alot of the Pats success is also taking that talent and coaching them up...we will see if Garrett can do that

Bullaholic
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I can agree with that...People like to knock Jerry..but he leans HEAVILY on scouts..and of course Parcells as well( who made the worst trade down passing on Stephen Jackson)

Now alot of the Pats success is also taking that talent and coaching them up...we will see if Garrett can do that

My biggest gripe ever on a Cowboys draft decision was leaving Steven Jackson on the board to take Julius Jones later. I yelled---"Nooooooooo, you idiots---What are you doing?" and I probably will several times tonight...:D

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 05:44 PM
My biggest gripe ever on a Cowboys draft decision was leaving Steven Jackson on the board to take Julius Jones later. I yelled---"Nooooooooo, you idiots---What are you doing?" and I probably will several times tonight...:D

yep basicaly Parcells traded JAckson for Juluis Jones and Jacob Rodgers

he also did not want to draft Ware first he wanted Spears first, and THANKFULLY Jones stepped in and said no take Ware now and hope Spears remains