View Full Version : Next year's Top 5 in Each Region

Lucky2Coach
04-28-2011, 10:40 AM
In no particular order:

Region 1: Monahans, Snyder, Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale

Region 2: Argyle, Celina, Carthage, Gilmer, Henderson

Region 3: Chapel Hill, Kirbyville, Coldspring, West Orange Stark, Athens

Region 4: Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Cuero, West Columbia, Sweeny

I don't much about Region 1,2, and 3... so I went with recent history. Let me know what you've got!

LeonJr
04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Let Leon fix a few things:

In no order,

Region 1: Monahans, Decatur, Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Alvarado

Region 2: Lucas Lovejoy, Celina, Carthage, Gilmer, Henderson

Region 3: Chapel Hill, Kirbyville, Coldspring, West Orange Stark, Sealy

Region 4: Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Cuero, Burnet, Sinton

Steers95
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
(No order)

Reg 1: Snyder, Graham, Monahans, Alvarado, Wylie

Reg 2: Carthage, Gilmer, Celina, Argyle, Henderson

Reg 3: Chapel Hill, WOS, Bridge City, Coldspring, Athens

Reg 4: Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill, Yoakum, Devine

BEAST
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Steers95
(No order)

Reg 1: Snyder, Graham, Monahans, Alvarado, Wylie

Reg 2: Carthage, Gilmer, Celina, Argyle, Henderson

Reg 3: Chapel Hill, WOS, Bridge City, Coldspring, Athens

Reg 4: Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill, Yoakum, Devine

Overlook Brownwood at your own demise. We lost a lot of studs, but we have plenty ready to roll.

BEAST

Steers95
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Overlook Brownwood at your own demise. We lost a lot of studs, but we have plenty ready to roll.

BEAST

I wasn't downing on the lions by any mean, I just don't see them winning district and making it past the first round returning 3 starters. Now, we all know y'alls opinions on them.. but we all have different ones right

BEAST
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I wasn't downing on the lions by any mean, I just don't see them winning district and making it past the first round returning 3 starters. Now, we all know y'alls opinions on them.. but we all have different ones right

Very true. We all have different opinions. But Im telling ya, we will be really good by the time playoffs get here.

BEAST

Steers95
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Very true. We all have different opinions. But Im telling ya, we will be really good by the time playoffs get here.

BEAST

As will my steers! Returning 5 on O and 7 on D, from the reigning district champions! Looking forward to the lions coming to Newton field again next year, maybe it will be as high scoring as the 2009 game.

Saggy Aggie
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

I'm as big of a homer as anyone, but WC lost their best player. All district, all country MVP (Qb- Daymond Lewis) and their best lineman (Aaron Boucher).

They have a LOT coming back at other positions, but QB is the most important position right now.

If they get a solid replacement for Lewis (which I'm thinking might be Willis Johnson), then they'll be ready to roll through district and make another run.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr

In no order,

Lovejoy loses a TON..only reason they make play-offs IMO is a weaker district

Lucky2Coach
04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I'm as big of a homer as anyone, but WC lost their best player. All district, all country MVP (Qb- Daymond Lewis) and their best lineman (Aaron Boucher).

They have a LOT coming back at other positions, but QB is the most important position right now.

If they get a solid replacement for Lewis (which I'm thinking might be Willis Johnson), then they'll be ready to roll through district and make another run.

"Roll through district" we'll see!

Lucky2Coach
04-28-2011, 01:32 PM

In no order,

A lot of people are saying Ingleside will win District 30. Sinton is suppose to be down next year. Haven't heard about Burnet, surprising!

44INAROW
04-28-2011, 02:07 PM

that's because Leon is a Bad A$$ :)

HEMOTOXIC
04-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Region 1: Monahans, Snyder, Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Alvarado

Region 3: Chapel Hill, Kirbyville, Coldspring, West Orange Stark, Navasota

Region 4: Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Cuero, Burnet, WC

bolshavik
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Celina is gonna get back to form this year I believe and Prosper...Prosper is gonna be loaded in my opinion. They found a QB and am hearing they are going to spread and it could be what the Doctor ordered with the skill they have coming up.

Saggy Aggie
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
"Roll through district" we'll see! It's a BIG 'if'.... but I'll stick to my prediction. If WC can come up with another play maker under center, then they take the district.

WC is bringing back a solid group of RB's, lineman, and an excellent defense (anchored by Bradley Swanks).

Sweeny is the only team in the district capable of giving WC a good game next year but they have the same problem the Necks do (replacing a star Qb- Tre Lemon). Needville might keep it relatively close but Floyd Bess is gonna run up, down, around, and over Needville, Wharton, and Palacios.

Bullaholic
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM

In no order,

Leon---no disagreement, but what you are seeing in Decatur next season?

Steers95
04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Leon---no disagreement, but what you are seeing in Decatur next season?

Yes, I was wondering the same thing! Decatur is.. Decatur :p

trojandad
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
i think k'ville will miss who they're losing too much to be like last years team....

im glad someone put athens, wouldnt surprise me if they have the best team in reg 3.....

id sure ike to hear from some of the mustangs before putting wo-s back up there....dont know how much hard times are there after losing coach....

i keep hearing lagrange will be tough....

bolshavik
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Decatur has some folks coming back plus had a salty JV/Fresh bunch last year

mwrams
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Region 1: Alvarado, Monahans, Mineral Wells, Abilene Wylie,

Region 2: Carthage, Henderson, Argyle, Celina, Gilmer,

I'm calling it now.
Mineral Wells will take district 7 once again and they will beat decatur again.

pirate4state
04-28-2011, 06:58 PM
A lot of people are saying Ingleside will win District 30. Sinton is suppose to be down next year. Haven't heard about Burnet, surprising! We are?! lol

bigwood33
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM

In no order,

Argyle is better than Lovejoy. I think they play in 0 week so we will know for sure but they were better than them last year and there is no reason to think that this year will be different. Also, Lovejoy was certainly better than Celina last year and until they meet in the playoffs next season, it is a guessing game as to who is better.

Roughneck93
04-28-2011, 07:23 PM

I agree that QB and O line is Columbia's biggest need. They do bring back alot of skill position players and the D is intact. It will be a battle once again with Sweeny for the district crown.

Doc Holliday
04-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I won't speak for Regions 3 or 4 since I can literally say I have no idea. Region I - would be Monahans, Snyder, Graham, Alvarado, Kennedale.

Obviously there are other teams here lurking that could jump up and force themselves into the conversation especially A. Wylie. As for Brownwood, maybe they can hope into the mix but losing 19 out of 22 starters puts them way behind everyone else.

Region II- Carthage, Celina, Argyle, Gilmer, Henderson.

That leaves out plenty of good teams like Lovejoy who could also be great. Region II very well could be the best region in the state.

By the way Region II is loaded!!!

Necked
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM

WC is bringing back a solid group of RB's, lineman, and an excellent defense (anchored by Bradley Swanks).

I think the Necks defense is good enough to win Reg 4 again. Unless Cureo or Wimberley go D1 (unlikely), I dont see any team in a weak Reg 4 that can beat them. Sinton gave them a good second half last year, but they owe Columbia a home game, big advantage Columbia right off the bat.
Columbia is the best bet at this point out of all the regions to win a regional title, IMO...

SintonFan_inAustin
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Necked
I think the Necks defense is good enough to win Reg 4 again. Unless Cureo or Wimberley go D1 (unlikely), I dont see any team in a weak Reg 4 that can beat them. Sinton gave them a good second half last year, but they owe Columbia a home game, big advantage Columbia right off the bat.
Columbia is the best bet at this point out of all the regions to win a regional title, IMO... Rockport Fulton will most likely replace Mathis as the other playoff team out of district 30 and they'll go big school.

orange machine
04-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Not gonna happen but I think it would be great if Brownwood figured out way to win it all this year.

MUSTANG69
04-29-2011, 07:18 AM
A lot of people are saying Ingleside will win District 30. Sinton is suppose to be down next year. Haven't heard about Burnet, surprising!

Sinton may not be as good as they were last year but they won't be down. D30 will probably be decided between Ingleside/Sinton. I don't know if either is "top 5" in the region. We will have to wait and see.

Matthew328
04-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Region I strikes me as a region with a lot of really good teams, but there's no great team that jumps off the page.

You could make arguments for:

Snyder
Graham
Monahans
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Mineral Wells
Kennedale
Alvarado
Bridgeport
Decatur

I just don't see a ton of difference in any of these teams at the moment, they all have some flaws....I've written just about every preview for 3A Region 1 and have studied these teams pretty close..it'll be an interesting year...might give Snyder a SLIGHT edge because they have a singular talent that could be the difference

Region II is a little more cut and dried...Gilmer, Henderson, Celina, Argyle, Carthage (in no order)

Billy_The_Kid
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
WOS will be very good next year even with the Coach Change. Since they stayed with the coach they did there will not be much change in the way things are ran. I think they will lose Foreman over this ordeal but everything else should fall into place.

Athens and Lagrange defiently!

and you people will learn eventually! Dont ever count Kville out!!

rholl
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Region I strikes me as a region with a lot of really good teams, but there's no great team that jumps off the page.

Snyder
Graham
Monahans
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Mineral Wells
Kennedale
Alvarado
Bridgeport
Decatur

I just don't see a ton of difference in any of these teams at the moment, they all have some flaws....I've written just about every preview for 3A Region 1 and have studied these teams pretty close..it'll be an interesting year...might give Snyder a SLIGHT edge because they have a singular talent that could be the difference

Region II is a little more cut and dried...Gilmer, Henderson, Celina, Argyle, Carthage (in no order)

Matt....do you think Dixons group down in Alvarado will be up or down compared to last yr?

LeonJr
04-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Decatur had a 20-0 Sub-Varsity record
And they're only losing 5 starters

Lucky2Coach
04-29-2011, 09:16 AM

They should be in for some happy times ahead!!!

sTxforlife
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM

In no order,

IMO Sealy is not in the top 10 in R3, they only return 6 starters and sub varsity was not too promising

Lucky2Coach
04-29-2011, 09:40 AM
It's a BIG 'if'.... but I'll stick to my prediction. If WC can come up with another play maker under center, then they take the district.

Sweeny is the only team in the district capable of giving WC a good game next year but they have the same problem the Necks do (replacing a star Qb- Tre Lemon). Needville might keep it relatively close but Floyd Bess is gonna run up, down, around, and over Needville, Wharton, and Palacios.

Watch out for Wharton next year and especially in the upcoming years!!! Brad Wright already has that place speeding in the right direction. They are a sleeping giant, that I think is waking up!

baseballcoach13
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Watch out for Wharton next year and especially in the upcoming years!!! Brad Wright already has that place speeding in the right direction. They are a sleeping giant, that I think is waking up!

I saw where he was slamming the mentality and facitlies and stuff recently...

Lucky2Coach
04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I saw where he was slamming the mentality and facitlies and stuff recently...

Yep, he's trying to change the cullture there completely. He's not playing around or giving lip service. He's putting it into action!

Steers95
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM

Snyder
Graham
Monahans
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Mineral Wells
Kennedale
Alvarado
Bridgeport
Decatur

Do you think Graham would have been more talked about this upcoming year and known if they would have edged out Snyder in OT in the first round this past year?

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 10:35 AM

I've always had mixed feeling about sub-varsity great records. Especially JV. If a JV team goes undefeated, to me that means the coaches are putting too much focus on making the JV team good.

I think the JV team serves of the purpose as a scout team to make the Varisty better. The need to be able to adapt to multiple schemes week to week to give the varisty team a realistic view of the other team.

Through attrition, the JV players get better and many get called up throughout the year.

Maybe I'm think too advanced but I've always felt that way.

Matthew328
04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Do you think Graham would have been more talked about this upcoming year and known if they would have edged out Snyder in OT in the first round this past year?

It would have helped without a doubt....that was a great ball game..one of the better games I saw in 2010

Matthew328
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by rholl
Matt....do you think Dixons group down in Alvarado will be up or down compared to last yr?

About the same honestly...maybe a little down.......really like the D Line they had last year....rest of the region seems to have improved some...really think Mineral Wells will be a team to watch....they bring back the house

rholl
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
yep...#77 will be sorely missed Im thinking!!!! They dont surprise anyone this year!!

Steers95
04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
It would have helped without a doubt....that was a great ball game..one of the better games I saw in 2010

That was an amazing game, until the end....

cr180t
04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
That was an amazing game, until the end....

Kinda depends on what side of the stadium you were on. It was a great game.

Steers95
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by cr180t

If you were wearing blue it wasn't :p . How much do the tigers return for next year?

RoyceTTU
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM

You think you can talk KW into graduating and heading to Tech in August '11 instead of August '12 :confused: :D

truebluestang
04-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Better watch the Mustangs from Ingleside. Returning 10 and 8 from a playoff team.

cr180t
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
If you were wearing blue it wasn't :p . How much do the tigers return for next year?

At the end of the game when Graham did not score in overtime. Several of our younger kids asked me what do we do now. I said we celebrate. They said we won. Guess we did not go over the OT regulations with the younger kids. lol

5 an 6. Several returning letterman. Kids are working very hard. Seem to be bonding together well. Jv was 7-3.

cr180t
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
You think you can talk KW into graduating and heading to Tech in August '11 instead of August '12 :confused: :D

LOL. He is working hard.

Lucky2Coach
04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Better watch the Mustangs from Ingleside. Returning 10 and 8 from a playoff team.

They should be a really good team next year, especially offensively!

Steers95
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
At the end of the game when Graham did not score in overtime. Several of our younger kids asked me what do we do now. I said we celebrate. They said we won. Guess we did not go over the OT regulations with the younger kids. lol

5 an 6. Several returning letterman. Kids are working very hard. Seem to be bonding together well. Jv was 7-3.

HA! That's pretty funny. Fun game to be at though! And glad to know the tigers are working hard as well.

mwrams
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
In 7 3A: Mineral Wells brings back most of their skilled players from last years District Champions. In Track & Field they are sending 18 athletes to the regional meet at Texas Tech of which several will be returning to play football in 2011.

BEAST
04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
In 7 3A: Mineral Wells brings back most of their skilled players from last years District Champions. In Track & Field they are sending 18 athletes to the regional meet at Texas Tech of which several will be returning to play football in 2011.

And more than likely, yall still wont make it past your shadow in the playoffs. MW always has the athletes, but never really produces.

BEAST

Pendragon13
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
And more than likely, yall still wont make it past your shadow in the playoffs. MW always has the athletes, but never really produces.

BEAST But they do have the nicest 3A stadium in the state..:eek:

MustangFootball
04-29-2011, 05:24 PM
the Ingleside Mustangs will be a top 5 team in region 4 next year they have to much returning, finishing 2nd in district last-year with a really young squad after being predicted not to make the playoffs. the mustangs return almost the whole team....with their freshman QB with a year under his belt look for him to have a huge sophmore season, considering they go back to the spread....at the mid point of the season last year they switched to a 2 TE set so they could max protect their young QB, which is a pretty vanilla offense and i think really hurt them in their playoff loss to Sweeny (27-10) in the first round last-year, not taking nothing away from Sweeny they truly had and awesome team last-year....but when the mustangs are healthy and running the spread they are tough to stop!!! :D

buckeyebob
05-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I've always had mixed feeling about sub-varsity great records. Especially JV. If a JV team goes undefeated, to me that means the coaches are putting too much focus on making the JV team good.

I think the JV team serves of the purpose as a scout team to make the Varisty better. The need to be able to adapt to multiple schemes week to week to give the varisty team a realistic view of the other team.

Through attrition, the JV players get better and many get called up throughout the year.

Maybe I'm think too advanced but I've always felt that way.

Or maybe my rejects are better than yours

Daddy D 11
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
LH has already lost arguably their two best returning athletes. They moved to different schools. And another good player probably won't play as well. Not looking too good at the moment.

Ernest T Bass
05-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Sweeny will be gawd awfull! Absolutely zero coaching there!
:p

VWG
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I am gonna hide in the weeds and wait on this one......

Always like to see the homer posts! :1popcorn: