PDA

View Full Version : LE Dad'schildren....

trojandad
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM
i've asked before and havent heard anything, has anyone been in touch or have anyway of knowing how they are? sure would like to hear some good news on them.....really hope his son hasn't set football aside, tho i couldnt blame him if he chose to....

BILLYFRED0000
04-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah I would like to know something about that too. LE dad was and is missed.

pirate4state
04-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I feel really bad. We had started a little project (the signed t-shirts) for their kids and then life happened and it got put on the back burner. Sad to say it is still there and now it just seems like it's too late???

Ranger Mom
04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I feel really bad. We had started a little project (the signed t-shirts) for their kids and then life happened and it got put on the back burner. Sad to say it is still there and now it just seems like it's too late???

I thought about that the other day myself and felt terrible...so I quit thinking about it.

I was going gangbuster on it until my sister died, and that kinda set me way back!!:(

pirate4state
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought about that the other day myself and felt terrible...so I quit thinking about it.

I was going gangbuster on it until my sister died, and that kinda set me way back!!:(

LOL I quit thinking about it too until I saw this thread! :o

BILLYFRED0000
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL I quit thinking about it too until I saw this thread! :o

Life does happen ladies. I will be honest and say that i had not thought about that recently. but I was out with my son (he is playing select football) and it just popped into my head.

trojandad
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
you folks really are the best....how about we try again?

STANG RED
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
you folks really are the best....how about we try again?
:thumbsup:

trojandad
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
i'm completely in support of the idea to put together financial presents for them, but in the little time his son has spent on here they just strike me as two people that appreciate support in other ways as much....showing them how much we appreciated their dad, not letting his memory to be forgotten....

i may be wrong, i never met LE Dad, but from his son's actions out here it just seems he raised two children that, even at their young age, appreciate the love others had for their father as much as any other avenue....

i've just not any good ideas for them besides the financial ones already sent...

trojandad
04-29-2011, 07:38 AM
or is it better to not bring it up to them, at least for a while?

maybe theres only so much a board like this can be a blessing to them....

trojandad
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
what about this.....lets buzz le's coach and tell him we'd like to put up a year long sticky each week during football season on liberty eylau's team in memory of carl....each week we'll quote the coach and get something on carl's son, should he decide to play this year, hopefully on his daughter, too.....

i know you mods are busy enough, especially during football season, but i wouldn't mind making the contact and weekly calls if one of you would post it.....

or another idea? :thinking:

bigwood33
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
what about this.....lets buzz le's coach and tell him we'd like to put up a year long sticky each week during football season on liberty eylau's team in memory of carl....each week we'll quote the coach and get something on carl's son, should he decide to play this year, hopefully on his daughter, too.....

i know you mods are busy enough, especially during football season, but i wouldn't mind making the contact and weekly calls if one of you would post it.....

or another idea? :thinking:
I think that is a fantastic idea and really nice commitment. We should also have a memorial item that gets signed by the DownLow faithful at meet and greets that is given to the kids.

Ranger Mom
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I think that is a fantastic idea and really nice commitment. We should also have a memorial item that gets signed by the DownLow faithful at meet and greets that is given to the kids.

That was the plan with the T-shirts! We made the design, wanted people to email and/or fax us their signatures and that's where we ran into problems. Most people just wanted us to sign their names for them, but those kind of shirts just don't look "right" with everything signed in the same handwriting. Our plan was to have friends/co-workers sign some of them, and then incorporate those in with the usernames that were actually emailed/faxed to us. Sounds easy enough, but P4S and I both got busy, my sister died, Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled around....and unfortunately, it just got put on the back burner where it still sits.

trojandad
05-24-2011, 01:58 AM
does anyone out here know daniel and his sister? i mean as in their likes, dislikes, dreams, etc?....maybe the answer in what to do for them lies in who they are as people....i mean the t-shirt would mean the world to me, but maybe they never worked out because there's something else we should be doing, something a 17 yr old young man who's trying to make his father proud of him would like more.....

OldBison75
05-24-2011, 02:13 AM
I think it would be fabulous for as many of us as possible to actually have a meet and greet at an LE game. We could all wear shirts the honored LE Dad and possibly have the chance to meet the children in person at the game or after. I know that just the knowledge that so many of his friends would take the time to come to the game just to honor his memory would mean a great deal to the kids. It is one thing to know how your friends and neighbors feel, but for a group of strangers to show that kind of respect would say volumes to them. I would be proud to stand with my fellow friends on this board in that honor guard.

trojandad
05-24-2011, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I think it would be fabulous for as many of us as possible to actually have a meet and greet at an LE game. We could all wear shirts the honored LE Dad and possibly have the chance to meet the children in person at the game or after. I know that just the knowledge that so many of his friends would take the time to come to the game just to honor his memory would mean a great deal to the kids. It is one thing to know how your friends and neighbors feel, but for a group of strangers to show that kind of respect would say volumes to them. I would be proud to stand with my fellow friends on this board in that honor guard.

maybe thats it, maybe we've just been avoiding that long haul to the game itself....i have dialysis the next morning at 530 but thats my only hindrance.....

maybe we should see what bye week favors the most of us (if eylau is still playing that weekend) and shoot for that......or maybe a game they have that is closer to the rest of us and try then....

OldBison75
05-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Can anybody get the LE schedule posted so that we can try to find a game and date that some of us might be able to attend? If necessary, I will be glad to go to a game and present the t-shirt if the board wants me to. I am temporarily located in Shreveport Louisiana and not that far from some of their games. I would love to meet the children of this fine man and represent the Downlow. I am sure I can get Navscanmaster to go with me.

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Can anybody get the LE schedule posted so that we can try to find a game and date that some of us might be able to attend?
08/26...Paul Pewitt
09/02...Mount Pleasant
09/09...@ Pine Tree
09/16...Gilmer
09/23...@ Henderson
09/30...Bye
10/07...@ Paris
10/14...Pleasant Grove
10/21...@ Atlanta
10/28...North Lamar
11/04...@ Mount Vernon

This should be it.

trojandad
05-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
08/26...Paul Pewitt
09/02...Mount Pleasant
09/09...@ Pine Tree
09/16...Gilmer
09/23...@ Henderson
09/30...Bye
10/07...@ Paris
10/14...Pleasant Grove
10/21...@ Atlanta
10/28...North Lamar
11/04...@ Mount Vernon

This should be it.

wasnt it the pleasant grove game the accident occurred at?

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2011, 07:59 PM
wasnt it the pleasant grove game the accident occurred at?
Yes :(

trojandad
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
guess i need to see who my guys are playing on october 14th......:(

SintonFan
05-24-2011, 08:23 PM

That is wonderful idea. If you can get any media coverage to honor LE Dad...
what a fantastic way to honor his memory.:)

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 08:25 PM
If we want to do the meet the greet I will see if we could do a special broadcast and make it an event, maybe get the schools to honor him in some way at half or something..just let me know and I will start contacting the schools

We could sale ads and give 100% to LE Dad's kids or set up a scholarship or something

Sweetwater Red
05-24-2011, 08:42 PM
I understand the thought behind this thread. But, everyone has there grieving process.

It would be overzealous on anybody's part to assume his kids wanted any tribute or support.

trojandad
05-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That is wonderful idea. If you can get any media coverage to honor LE Dad...
what a fantastic way to honor his memory.:)

lots we could do with that....get a pro athlete or two to attend, coverage should be automatic, chris connelly of espn would prolly like to know.....i even kept craig james' card from when he spoke at a&m a few months back,hes running for senate soon, i bet he would either try to make it between thurs & sat games in the fall, or maybe send someone....

the thing i wonder is has anyone made contact to see if the kids are doing well since the accident? am i wrong to wonder if they're coping ok before a spotllight is thrown on them, even as wonderful as the idea is.....:confused:

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2011, 09:01 PM
the thing i wonder is has anyone made contact to see if the kids are doing well since the accident?
I can see what I can find out.

trojandad
05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
the one other thing (thinking like a lawyer) is if they have representation suing the school district and others involved (daniel sounded ANGRY on smoakehouse, much angrier than i heard him on here), he or she is probably gonna want to have a say in how they are presented in public....

he, or she, might, in reality, be the best one to contact...they could kill two birds with one stone, not only how they are doing but how they want to be shown to be doing.....if that makes any sense....

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
(daniel sounded ANGRY on smoakehouse, much angrier than i heard him on here),
Well...look who he was talking to there. ;)

Just kidding peeps!

trojandad
05-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well...look who he was talking to there. ;)

Just kidding peeps!

that was funny.......dont care WHO ya are.....