PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Wedding - can't stand it....

Cam
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Why this event gets so much pub is beyond me.....I'll give em' 2-3 years before that boy get's caught with one of the maids or something....
Does anybody here really pay attention to these folks? And if my wife starts weddin' watchin' on TV, I'm secretly hittin' the main breaker....cause if I try to shut off the TV in front of her, she'll kick my ass.....

Old Tiger
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Possibly because 2 billion people are expected to watch.

bolshavik
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
If it aint american...I DONT CARE

Emerson1
04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't get it either. If I am not invited to the wedding, chances are I couldn't care less that someone is getting married.

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I think this event is getting so much attention because of everyone's admiration for Princess Diana, her tragic death, and then watching the two boys grow up in front of our very eyes via the media.

I find it interesting and guess I will need to set my DVR for whatever time on Friday morning.:cool:

bolshavik
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Why would people care about Lady Diana or even how she died? in America that is???

Ranger Mom
04-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think this event is getting so much attention because of everyone's admiration for Princess Diana, her tragic death, and then watching the two boys grow up in front of our very eyes via the media.

I find it interesting and guess I will need to set my DVR for whatever time on Friday morning.:cool:

I heard it was something like 4:00 AM here.

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I heard it was something like 4:00 AM here.

That's where the DVR will come in handy. I want to know what her dress looks like, but not enough to wake up at 4am...lol.

Bolshavik, I can't explain why, but many people do care. She was among the first "Royals" to take the title and give it a compassionate, human face. She was pro-active about many good causes and also many not-so-pleasant things, bringing their existence to light. These were humanitarian causes not necessarily "country" specific.

Ranger Mom
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
That's where the DVR will come in handy. I want to know what her dress looks like, but not enough to wake up at 4am...lol.

Bolshavik, I can't explain why, but many people do care. She was among the first "Royals" to take the title and give it a compassionate, human face. She was pro-active about many good causes and also many not-so-pleasant things, bringing their existence to light. These were humanitarian causes not necessarily "country" specific.

I figure every channel will be crammed with all that....so I will just wait and see it on Entertainment Tonight or Showbiz Tonight!!:p :p

44INAROW
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bolshavik
Why would people care about Lady Diana or even how she died? in America that is???

lol wow - :rolleyes:
maybe some people are just interested in other cultures. heck, if I know, but it interests me. I watched Diana's wedding and I'll watch her son's wedding. APPF, on ABC this morning, they did say they were going to be pre-empted with the wedding stuff - and the broadcast started at 3AM - and they would be showing in "again" not sure if they meant right away or later in the weekend.. I am pretty sure E! will have it on 24-7

STANG RED
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I've never understood why the Brits did'nt kick the royals out on their butts years ago, and not spend whatever it takes to maintain them. They have the best welfare deal in history.

Blastoderm55
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've never understood why the Brits did'nt kick the royals out on their butts years ago, and not spend whatever it takes to maintain them. They have the best welfare deal in history.

They're trying. A lot of demonstrations are supposedly planned for the wedding day.

bolshavik
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
My question is why would people care about that. I understand they do just do not understand WHY... Why do we not pay the same respect to leaders of African,Middle Easter Countries? Hmmm

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
People of the US are somewhat like the "country cousin" to those in the UK. I just don't feel that sense of history or connection to the middle eastern countries. All of that probably has nothing to do with being interested in this wedding though.

I still think it is more about Princess Diana and the desire to see some sort of happy ending to that bad marriage and her ultimate tragic death.

K-MAC Chuck
04-27-2011, 06:02 PM
I can understand why there's so much attention and interest in this wedding..

That said - I don't agree with all the attention and can't wait til this thing is over so I can go back to watching news channels without being annoyed at all the wedding crap on there. LOL

sahen
04-27-2011, 06:53 PM
i find it ironic that a person w/ a screen name of "bolshavik" does not understand why people of one country have an interest in other countries affairs...even if it is just a dumb wedding...

Bearkat
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
There will be no wedding watching at Bearkat's house. The RANGERS are on so we will be watching that.

MustangFootball
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
I personally will be happy when its over...I'm so freakin tired of hearing about it!!!:mad:

Phil C
04-28-2011, 08:20 AM
DON'T BE SO LAZY ! SET YOUR ALARMS AT 3:50 A.M. SATURDAY MORNING AND WATCH THIS GREAT HISTORICAL EVENT! SEEING IT LIVE IS THE WAY TO GO!
SHAME ON YOU FOR ME HAVING TO POST THIS! WATCH THIS LIVE! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU GOT UP AND DID MANY YEARS FROM NOW.
NOW SET THE ALARMS AND WATCH IT AND DON'T BE SO LAZY!!!

:mad:

trojandad
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
does anyone truly regret missing charles and dy getting hitched?

if so, then ok, i just dont live in that world, i guess....

bolshavik
04-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Bolshavik has less to do with the revolution and way more to do with BS. Say Bolshavik real fast 3 times and maybe...just maybe you will understand the meanning.