PDA

View Full Version : Distribution of 830 million federal education funds

GrTigers6
04-27-2011, 07:43 AM
This is part of an article from the united educators association about the distribution of those federal funds for Texas schools.

Feds Approve $830 Million for Texas Schools: The Texas application for $830 million in Education Jobs Fund money from the U.S. Department of Education has been accepted, according to an announcement from the Department on Friday. The funds can be used by school districts from now through September 30, 2012. The primary purpose is to allow districts to avoid layoffs and reverse layoffs of school-level personnel (not central office) who provide direct educational or related services. The money will be distributed according to the state's existing, 2010-2011 school-aid formulas under the Foundation School Program. We expect to have district-by-district funding information for you shortly.

Farmersfan
04-27-2011, 07:47 AM
So why is it ok for a bankrupt Federal Government to give 830 million to the State of Texas? This totally baffles me! The Federal Government can operate with a 14 trillion dollar debt yet the State of Texas can't solve it's measely little budget problem? Our Government officials don't live in reality anymore.

87 TIGER
04-27-2011, 08:25 AM
They never have lived in reality

GrTigers6
04-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
So why is it ok for a bankrupt Federal Government to give 830 million to the State of Texas? This totally baffles me! The Federal Government can operate with a 14 trillion dollar debt yet the State of Texas can't solve it's measely little budget problem? Our Government officials don't live in reality anymore. They already gave the other states that wanted the money their share. Perry just turned it down until now, at least that is way I understood it

teetle
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe thats be keping all ours Sealy Coaches employed. Wes needs alls of thems. Jimmie, he be needing the all. Yous got to loves Perry, he know how to shoplift the pooty.:D :eek: :eek: :D