PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!!

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Do any of y'all refer to your wife/girlfriends, etc as "my old lady??'

I hate when I hear that....it is so rude!!

I can't imagine calling my husband, "my old man!!"

Old Tiger
04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
its better than my b!^@#

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
its better than my b!^@#

I agree...but not much!!!

Bullaholic
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
"Me Tarzan---you Jane."....:D

RoyceTTU
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't. I don't want anybody to think I'm married to anybody other than my beautiful young lady. :inlove: :inlove:

Old LB
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
My kids and I just call her the Queen. :D That's not a joke either, my friends all know who I'm refering to when I say it.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
It just bugs the heck out of my when I hear someone say that....it is just so disrespectful...and almost trashy!!!!

BEAST
04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Never. I will playfully call her that but its never in front of others. I would not disrespect my wife that way.

BEAST

44INAROW
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Never. I will playfully call her that but its never in front of others. I would not disrespect my wife that way.

BEAST

nice :)

STANG RED
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah, my old lady hates it to.:devil:

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM

I have heard many wives call their hubby their old man...BuffyMars's parents call each other old man and old lady

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have heard many wives call their hubby their old man...BuffyMars's parents call each other old man and old lady

If that is a "pet name" for each other, then that's different.

When someone introduces their "significant other" as my old lady or my old man.....I just cringe.

Farmersfan
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I recently started referring to my wife as Shi-thead as a pet name.(but just between us). At first she would play back with her own pet names for me but now it seems she has become accustomed to it. She even answers to it when I call her that. :D :D

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
If that is a "pet name" for each other, then that's different.

When someone introduces their "significant other" as my old lady or my old man.....I just cringe.

I have noticed that many "biker" types use this terminology. I don't like it either.

Bullaholic
04-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have noticed that many "biker" types use this terminology. I don't like it either.

Well "mama"--quit hanging out with bikers.....:D

waterboy
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I used to use that term when referring to my wife, if I remember correctly.....:thinking: After a few concussions and stitches, I started calling her more appropriate names....;)

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well "mama"--quit hanging out with bikers.....:D

lol...I know some, but don't hang out with them. I think it is one of those terms that jumps out at you when spoken. It just seems to come out of their mouths more often than other folks.

There I go, stereotyping again. ;) Blah, I think it is because it is Monday!

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...I know some, but don't hang out with them. I think it is one of those terms that jumps out at you when spoken. It just seems to come out of their mouths more often than other folks.

There I go, stereotyping again. ;) Blah, I think it is because it is Monday!

My little brother called my sister-in-law his old lady one time in front of a bunch of people.....I let him have it!!!!

bobcat1
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
We call each other Kitty and Richard but use words that might get edited on here. :D Never used old lady and she has never used old man. We call each other Nana and PawPaw a lot too

Bullaholic
04-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
We call each other Kitty and Richard but use words that might get edited on here. :D Never used old lady and she has never used old man. We call each other Nana and PawPaw a lot too

Dang, bobcat---you stand for being called "Kitty"??? :D

44INAROW
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dang, bobcat---you stand for being called "Kitty"??? :D

here Kitty Kitty :p I think we've turned into REAL OLD PEOPLE - we refer to each other as Mom and Dad...... damn, I'm old :doh: and the grandchildren call my husband "grandpee" his nickname is PeeWee, so that just kinda happened lol....... :hairpunk:

MUSTANG69
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I refer to my wife as the "War Department". She is darn proud of that nickname. When she leaves a message for me at work it is "Call the War Department'.:D