PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell

Milk That Cow
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
What's the latest on the coaching search?

bigcat8
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
i hear it is a mess

buff4ever
04-25-2011, 08:45 AM
At this point you would hope they would hire from inside, but if so, why wouldn't they hurry the process up. Something tells me they powers that be, are going different directions.

HawkEye
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
It will be very hard to find an outside candidate (of quality) that will come in and be the head football coach sans the AD title. He would be giving up a lot of power and also a considerable amount of salary. Doubtful that a successful coach would touch this with a ten foot pole. What you are going to get is every coordinator out there that thinks he's head coach material. Also heard that they are considering cutting coaches stipends. Any new coach would have a hard time bring in assistants with that situation.

I agree, they have a mess in Hornetland.

runtowin
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Who is going to be the AD?

bigcat8
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
heard the supt. has contacted several people about the ad job... and several coaches about the football only job... About to be a screwed up situation in the land of the kolache....lot of ole hornets probably shaking their heads on this one...

HawkEye
04-25-2011, 01:30 PM
The sup is the problem. This all started when she put all administrators on one year contracts. Williams had just come off his third straight play-off appearence (and the first time they had ever reached the third round). He took that as an insult to everything that had been built up, and I guess of his influence on the program. They were state ranked this year and missed the play-offs with an 8-2 record. He again was given a one-year contract. I guess that was the last straw. When his best friend got the A&M Consolidated job, it wasn't hard for him to walk. It is also an indictment on what the entire staff has accomplished over the last 5 years. Caldwell was a doormat until recently. They hadn't made the play-offs in back to back years in school history. To treat Williams, and his staff, this way shows she hasn't got a clue. The school board also has some loons on it, including the local doctor who is hell bent on making changes. I hope the sup and the school board reap what they can sow. It will real easy to slip back to relative mediocracy.

Roc96
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Where is Williams now?

HawkEye
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Williams is now the DC at A&M Consolidated HS.

Roc96
04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
It's screwed up over at that district. Williams once had to apologize to a kid because he used the word "hell", as in, "Hell, I don't care." The parent raised a huge stink (cursing, no less), and required a formal apology. The kid subsequently quit.

trojandad
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
are any of these problems the possible cause of caldwell not making the playoffs last year? remember how many people came on here at the end of last year asking "how did caldwell not make the playoffs? they were state ranked"....

Roc96
04-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Caldwell's problems are systemic. They're not going to change anytime soon. It's a credit to their former VB coaches and SB coach that those girls programs do as well as they do in that environment.

Caldwell_Raider
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
wow.... why are you bad mouthing Caldwell so bad????

I'm from there and grew up in that system.... and I disagree with everything you are saying.

Caldwell has some of the best and nicest people I know running things.

Caldwell_Raider
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
My mom is a teacher in Caldwell, I believe she told me they had a 2 million dollar budget cut this past year.

Football is great and all but I agree with Caldwell only giving Williams a 1 year contract, there having to cut money somehow.

I would encourage you to get your entire story straight before some people make my hometown and people there sound bad.

HawkEye
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Giving Williams a two-year contract is not a money issue. The cost is the same per year. It was a job security issue for Williams. I don't blame him for leaving. His hard work was not rewarded with FAITH by the administration. So now, the sup has created a mess that she'll have to clean up.