PDA

View Full Version : Android vs Iphone, pt dos

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok, so I went to return the HTC Inspire and get the Iphone4(would cost me an extra $100). Ive got 15 days left to either trade in on another phone or reneg on the upgrade altogether. So, the salesperson steered me to the Motorola Atrix(same price as the Inspire, so no extra cash on my part). Figured, Ive got 15 days, WTH. Why not test drive another one.
So far, HUUUUUGE difference. Still a few small things that Im used to with the Iphone, but this phone is mucho mas powerful, and much more user friendly. If I could just get it rooted, I might end up keeping it.

PPHSfan
04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know why got rid of your iPhone to begin with.

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I had the 3GS. Shattered the screen. It was time for an upgrade, so instead of replacing the screen, thought Id just get the new one. Dude sold me on the Android, $100 cheaper and figured I had 30 days to test drive it. Took me 15 to figure out I didn't like it. 15 days left on my test drive, Atrix was on sale for the same price, so why not take another 10 or so days to test drive it.
If I don't like this one, I'll just reneg on the upgrade and keep the broken-screened 3gs until the Iphone5 comes out.

PPHSfan
04-24-2011, 11:31 AM
You could just go get a new 3GS for $49 and not have to learn anything. As you already know, you don't have to upgrade an iPhone, it upgrades itself.

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
B/c I want cool new stuff. :cool:
And, the lure of 4G was too much to resist. Didn't notice the Inspire being any faster, but the Atrix is TONS faster.

PPHSfan
04-24-2011, 06:04 PM
I get the feeling that you're an easy mark for a good salesman at the phone store. I wonder why that he was so determined to drag you away from the iPhone and sell you on android. Was he 17 years old? ;.)

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I get the feeling that you're an easy mark for a good salesman at the phone store. I wonder why that he was so determined to drag you away from the iPhone and sell you on android. Was he 17 years old? ;.)

When it comes to a product Im not super knowledgable about, you're probably right.
I'd say the salesman was probably between 28 and 32. I honestly have no idea why he wanted to push me away from the Iphone. It wasn't really pushing me away from it, as much as it was "here, check this out". I was gonna buy a phone that day one way or another.
They don't make commission, but I saw he was the dept manager on his nametag, so Im sure the bottom line is still part of his job evaluation. Hell, he coulda got me for an extra $100 with the Iphone.
Now, get me into a car dealership, and I'll make an enemy or two. That Jewish milkman's genes come out then.

bwdlionfan
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
When it comes to a product Im not super knowledgable about, you're probably right.
I'd say the salesman was probably between 28 and 32. I honestly have no idea why he wanted to push me away from the Iphone. It wasn't really pushing me away from it, as much as it was "here, check this out". I was gonna buy a phone that day one way or another.
They don't make commission, but I saw he was the dept manager on his nametag, so Im sure the bottom line is still part of his job evaluation. Hell, he coulda got me for an extra $100 with the Iphone.
Now, get me into a car dealership, and I'll make an enemy or two. That Jewish milkman's genes come out then.

Are you sure they don't get commission?

I got irritated awhile back with a salesperson at AT&T so I asked him if he gets commission on the sale and he told me yes.... I then informed him he'd just lost the commission because I'd decided to order it online because of him.

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Are you sure they don't get commission?

I got irritated awhile back with a salesperson at AT&T so I asked him if he gets commission on the sale and he told me yes.... I then informed him he'd just lost the commission because I'd decided to order it online because of him.

Yeah, I bought it at Best Buy. But even if they do, he kept steering me to phones that are $100 cheaper.

bwdlionfan
04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Yeah, I bought it at Best Buy. But even if they do, he kept steering me to phones that are $100 cheaper.

Oh okay... Best Buy they probably don't.

PPHSfan
04-24-2011, 10:48 PM
No commission. But things like spiff and Droid contest come to mind.

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, if I don't love it in 15 days, back it goes. Or, I can just sell it on ebay and make a nice profit. These sumbitches are going for as high as $600, locked.

Pendragon13
04-25-2011, 12:26 AM
I prefer Android phones just on principal, but if your upfront and monthly bill is the same then there really isn't a reason to not get another iphone. Just keep in mind that not all Android phones are create equal, and some take advantage of the powerful operating system better than others.

poisoned10
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
I've owned several phones over the years and one of my favorites and most hated was the iPhone. I had a 3Gs then the iPhone 4 the day it came out.

Typing REALLY got on my nerves. I text a lot (about 3,500 - 4,000 a month) and that number almost doubled because I would try to type 'o' or 'p' and end up sending the message. Get REAL annoying REAL fast. I got so annoyed with it, I sold it on Craigslist for $500 and bought the BlackBerry Torch. Which I absolutely love.

But pretty much everything else about the iPhone I LOVED and am now looking to get another one.

Been semi-trying to trade my Torch for one and saving my upgrade in June for the iPhone 5 this fall.

Ernest T Bass
04-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, so far Im loving the Atrix. Very smooth, user friendly, and blazing speed. Swype feature for text messages is pretty cool, too.