PDA

View Full Version : one more prayer needed, please....

trojandad
04-24-2011, 12:54 AM
most of you know my kidneys failed nov 1 of last year (or that was determination day)....when it happened, i had a neck/chest catheter inserted to be an access for the dialysis treatments as most renal patients do....

on feb 1 this year i had fistula surgery, this allows a vein to grow large enough in my arm to access blood from my arm each time and take the neck catheter out as soon as the arm is usable....

the surgery went well and we have attempted using the arm several times, but it turns out that a nerve has decided to align itself with this new vein, is extremely irritated, and causes my hand to spasm each time they try to utilize the vein, rendering that avenue to access my blood unusable....

we still have time to try to get it fixed, and all is well at present with the neck access, but today during another attempt my sweet wife overhears two nurses talking, saying nobody lives more than a year with a neck access due to the infection that most people experience from them when used long term.....i know, real considerate conversation with my wife there, but nevertheless she's very distraught about things now....

when you are enjoying Easter service tomorrow, please join with me that He will grant us direction, and my poor wife and daughter peace (and son).....we still have time to deal with things, its just taking a little longer than is comfortable.....

and as long as i'm asking for your faith with us, let me take a sec and brag on my better half....

our day used to start with us sharing a shower each morning, talking about who has what child, what errands need to be ran, etc etc.....when i had this neck access put in the first thing they tell you is emphatically NO SHOWERS, fearing infection from the potential water invasion.....but my wife wouldnt hear of it....

shes an engineer and put together a gadget which is hard plastic on the outside with removable cloth inserts on the inside....i hold this over my access during our showers and every single day since my surgery she has washed this fat boy from head to toe....she does it with a song on her lips, treating me like a 6'4" baby, and even gets offended when i offer to just take a bath to get this effort off of her "to do" list.....

i can't tell you how humbled i am each time she does it, i feel so guilty because it seems like she SO got stuck with this, but i'll tell you this, i'd have to be pretty dumb to not be really cognisant of how much i am loved....i know images of trojandad in the shower won't make most people's day, but i didnt know how to brag on her without hinting that way.....God has really blessed me so much with her, and i wouldnt have made it thru a day of this without her......with her, i'm as blessed as they come....

thank you in advance for your prayers, and for the ones already answered....:inlove:

BaseballUmp
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
No doubt praying for you and your family.
God is good

Yoe_09
04-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Prayers said and sent.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2011, 07:58 AM
What a great story about your wife.....it just made my day!! Prayers going up for you right now!!!

zebrablue2
04-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Prayers said and sent!!! We will pull you and your family through this!

SintonFan
04-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Prayers on the way!

Ernest T Bass
04-24-2011, 11:00 AM
You got'em here, partner.

44INAROW
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Continued prayers Trojan.. ps - sounds like you got a good wife there :)

bobcat1
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Prayers being said right now. You are blessed with a wonderful wife that loves you more than you could ever fathom. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trojandad
04-24-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=1667194089961&set=a.1488045011346.2064273.1540578398&type=1&theater

this is my all time favorite photo, i almost bought the farm a couple of times this day, had my entire family scared to death for 2 days before they got the catheter in and got my potassium levels down enough to stop my heart from hurting....

i look like a piece of you know what, i know, and my poor wife hadnt slept for days, but in this pic they had brought me in from the first dialysis and i felt so much better i passed out....she crawled in bed with me and when i woke up, my arm was soaked in happy tears....

i normally wouldnt let people see me this ragged for anything (or her for that matter) but this picture wraps up my life better than i could ever say....so many people have a tough life, but i've always gotten better than i've given....

have a great easter, everyone.....

Phil C
04-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Prayers on the way!

Me too.

Green Bling
04-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Prayers for you and your loving family!!

WOS1
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
That is a touching story, my man. True, I could do without the images of you taking a shower in my head, but still touching. God bless you and your wife. I will pray for you and many more showers together!

lulu
04-24-2011, 06:16 PM
prayers were said for your healing. I will continue to include you in my daily
prayers along with '66 .

May God strengthen you and comfort your precious wife. lulu

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Prayers are headed your way from The Hill.

cr180t
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Prayers sent

1st and goal
04-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Prayers for healing of your arm's artery/nerve issue. Your wife sounds like a match made in heaven for you.

Prayers from Giddings.

OldBison75
04-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Just when a caterpillar thought the world was over it became a butterfly. The struggle is for a reason. God will never leave you, nor forsake you. Hold on until your change comes. Immediately, straightway, suddenly, quickly, God is going to snatch you out of it. Believe Him!

Repeat After Me: I AM TOO POSITIVE TO BE DOUBTFUL~TOO OPTIMISTIC TO BE FEARFUL~AND TOO DETERMINED TO BE DEFEATED.~ JESUS BLESSED

You have my prayers that, with God's help, your medical issues will be resolved and you can soon bathe your loving wife in the shower each day.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Trojandad had a hard time posting this pic, but after some instruction he was able to get it.

It is such a sweet picture, I wanted to post it here.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/trojandad/sleepofangels.jpg

RoyceTTU
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Prayers out to you man. I know you and your family are going through the worst of times but know that God has the ultimate plan for you and your family.

BEAST
04-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

BEAST

trojandad
04-25-2011, 03:20 PM
thank you so much for agreeing with us in prayer.....i showed my wife your responses and they brought her a lot of encouragement (as well as happy tears)....i appreciate you, bison, for seeing my real goal, to pay her back....

i have to say, tho, when i get to feeling down, i only have to think of LE Dad's son's posts on here just after loosing his father....what a tremendous example of a young man thinking of others more than his own grief.....i always want to show that example, thats the best of all examples, no matter how many decades younger that young man is than me......

waterboy
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
God bless you, trojandad. I've sent prayers your way and will continue to send them. You have treasures on this earth like some can't even imagine. You are truly blessed. Keep the faith, brother.

Roughneck93
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
My family and I send our prayers to you and your family. God Bless.

Tx Challenge
04-25-2011, 09:57 PM
God Bless you Trojandad. Looks like you have great support from a lovely wife and family. Prayers from the City of Angels! You will get thru this!!!!

ogg
04-26-2011, 08:05 AM
God bless you! My family and I will pray for you.

LIONS#1
04-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Wow...my heart goes out to you and yours...Prayers from the LIONS#1 family!!

trojandad
05-11-2011, 12:33 PM
a good update......after three rotor rooterings of my veins that were ever so pleasant (?!?!?!?) and some recovery time, the walls of the vein were actually strong enough to stay firm through an entire 4 hour dialysis treatment without collapsing on the needles.....

shory story made long, the surgery has appeared to now be working well and it will just be a matter of time before i can get this access removed from my neck....

just wanted to take a sec and thank all you guys for your prayers....the day after i put this thread up i had the first of those "rotor rooters" done on my arm, during the middle of it the surgeon asked if i had a high pain tolerance and i asked "why do you ask?", he said it was because most people complain a lot more, i told him i just had a lot of people praying for me.....he asked from where and i told him.....then the football talk started and went on for an hour.....

thank you guys, and ladies.....your faith is substantial and very appreciated.....

RoyceTTU
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
a good update......after three rotor rooterings of my veins that were ever so pleasant (?!?!?!?) and some recovery time, the walls of the vein were actually strong enough to stay firm through an entire 4 hour dialysis treatment without collapsing on the needles.....

shory story made long, the surgery has appeared to now be working well and it will just be a matter of time before i can get this access removed from my neck....

just wanted to take a sec and thank all you guys for your prayers....the day after i put this thread up i had the first of those "rotor rooters" done on my arm, during the middle of it the surgeon asked if i had a high pain tolerance and i asked "why do you ask?", he said it was because most people complain a lot more, i told him i just had a lot of people praying for me.....he asked from where and i told him.....then the football talk started and went on for an hour.....

thank you guys, and ladies.....your faith is substantial and very appreciated.....

Great news!!! I'm rooting for you. :clap:

Bullaholic
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Glad for the good news, trojandad, I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I am well familiar with what you are going through--my older brother was on dialysis 3 times a week for over 3 years and he went through many of the things you have experienced. Keep your faith and spirits high---God Bless You All...

trojandad
05-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Glad for the good news, trojandad, I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I am well familiar with what you are going through--my older brother was on dialysis 3 times a week for over 3 years and he went through many of the things you have experienced. Keep your faith and spirits high---God Bless You All...

did he end up transplanting?

Bullaholic
05-11-2011, 12:52 PM
did he end up transplanting?

Never did, trojandad---he was 73 and cancer took him.

Cam
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM

...i know images of trojandad in the shower won't make most people's day, : [/B]

Prayers said Trojandad...and you & your wife sound like some mighty fine & tough folks!!.....and I'll bet you look just fine in the shower.....from about 50 yards away that is!!:D

trojandad
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Never did, trojandad---he was 73 and cancer took him.

bless his heart, so sorry.....my boys are FURIOUS with me not taking a kidney from them....i just can't.....besides not wanting them to live a restricted life with one kidney, i just refuse to take one and then their children need a kidney and their daddy have to say "well, honey, id give you mine but grandpa needed it"....that statement ain't happening on my watch.....

trojandad
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Prayers said Trojandad...and you & your wife sound like some mighty fine & tough folks!!.....and I'll bet you look just fine in the shower.....from about 50 yards away that is!!:D

rofl........yea, 50 yds away with bad eyesight.....lol.....thanks much

trojandad
06-16-2011, 12:54 AM
just an update, making an appointment tomorrow to have this neck access removed next week.....should have it gone when someone gets off the plane...shes so excited about that....

thanks so much for speaking to Him in our behalf....and yes, old bison, i have been repeating....prayer does change things.....

am saving that first shower for her, tho, i figure i have lots of backwashing to make up for.....

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 01:11 AM
I usually don't comment on these threads, I just quietly say my prayers, but I wanted to let you know--especially after the conversations we've had about our wives here recently--that you've always been and will continue to be in my prayers. I shoot 'em up constantly throughout the day, so know that at some point you're in the doc's office tomorrow, I'll have intervened on your behalf.

Get well soon, brother.

trojandad
06-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I usually don't comment on these threads, I just quietly say my prayers, but I wanted to let you know--especially after the conversations we've had about our wives here recently--that you've always been and will continue to be in my prayers. I shoot 'em up constantly throughout the day, so know that at some point you're in the doc's office tomorrow, I'll have intervened on your behalf.

Get well soon, brother.

thanks much...and for you, as well, i didnt know about your accident....prayer changes things....

my last labs had my dr saying he thinks my kidneys might be trying to kick back in gear....i had to fight back the emotions, because last november the hospital priest was wanting to give me last rites.....and all ive been praying for was an operating fistula....im completely amazed at the results of His blessings thru prayer....

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2011, 01:27 AM
thanks much...and for you, as well, i didnt know about your accident....prayer changes things....

my last labs had my dr saying he thinks my kidneys might be trying to kick back in gear....i had to fight back the emotions, because last november the hospital priest was wanting to give me last rites.....and all ive been praying for was an operating fistula....im completely amazed at the results of His blessings thru prayer....

u and I have some arguments that got ugly, but please know you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 01:35 AM

Man, that's incredible! It's funny how He always manages to give us little glimmers of joy that we would've never appreciated before and how well we take those joys in after going through this stuff. I've recently (within the last year or two) rediscovered my relationship with God and have been amazed at what I was missing out on before.

This back injury has been the best bad thing to ever happen to me. I rarely talk so openly about medical issues, but this was God's way of getting my attention. There are tons of things that have happened the past few months--some small and some huge--that have been nuggets from Him about what to do, where to go, and how I should slow down and take more time to appreciate the things I've always taken for granted.

Use of my legs was only one small thing out of this whole ordeal, but I also have more sympathy for issues that others go through and I've noticed myself taking the time to talk to people with disabilities. It's amazing how much of a difference a smile and a genuine conversation with a complete stranger can change someone's day.

So you can bet that I'll pray that He continues to work in you. Both the inside and the outside.

Let us know how it goes. I'm completely invested in this.

trojandad
06-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
u and I have some arguments that got ugly, but please know you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts

i appreciate that very much, and hope to thank you with the same humility and sincerity given......

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2011, 01:43 AM
i appreciate that very much, and hope to thank you with the same humility and sincerity given......

u have brother u have.just get as healthy as u can so u and I can turn back into getting mad with each other :D

trojandad
06-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Man, that's incredible! It's funny how He always manages to give us little glimmers of joy that we would've never appreciated before and how well we take those joys in after going through this stuff. I've recently (within the last year or two) rediscovered my relationship with God and have been amazed at what I was missing out on before.

This back injury has been the best bad thing to ever happen to me. I rarely talk so openly about medical issues, but this was God's way of getting my attention. There are tons of things that have happened the past few months--some small and some huge--that have been nuggets from Him about what to do, where to go, and how I should slow down and take more time to appreciate the things I've always taken for granted.

Use of my legs was only one small thing out of this whole ordeal, but I also have more sympathy for issues that others go through and I've noticed myself taking the time to talk to people with disabilities. It's amazing how much of a difference a smile and a genuine conversation with a complete stranger can change someone's day.

So you can bet that I'll pray that He continues to work in you. Both the inside and the outside.

Let us know how it goes. I'm completely invested in this.

you saying that reminds me of a post my wife put on facebook today...she posted:

One of Henri Landwirth's favorite quotes: "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

trojandad
06-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
u have brother u have.just get as healthy as u can so u and I can turn back into getting mad with each other :D

couldnt have said it better....:)

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 01:54 AM
you saying that reminds me of a post my wife put on facebook today...she posted:

One of Henri Landwirth's favorite quotes: "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
Awesome quote. I may keep that.

trojandad
06-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Awesome quote. I may keep that. read about henri on the net....hes got to be the one man who has done the most to be the least known.....i am such a fan of his.....you talk about not airing your good deeds, that is henri times ten.....you'll see....

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
read about henri on the net....hes got to be the one man who has done the most to be the least known.....i am such a fan of his.....you talk about not airing your good deeds, that is henri times ten.....you'll see....
I just saw that there's a documentary on him. If I can find a copy or a place online to watch it, I'll check it out.

trojandad
06-16-2011, 02:17 AM
I just saw that there's a documentary on him. If I can find a copy or a place online to watch it, I'll check it out.

and here to see his jewel....

http://www.gktw.org/

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 02:40 AM
and here to see his jewel....

http://www.gktw.org/
Very nice.

trojandad
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
ive had a couple of inquiries and figured out that i didnt summarize things very well, but after months of delays, including having to wait for my sweetie to get back from europe, i FINALLY got the catheter removed from my neck.....the fistula in my arm has been working great and i actually got the central line removed from my neck the very day the first signs of an infection showed.....its been a week and the antibiotics finally kicked the infection, but after weeks and weeks of delays it finally got removed....

and yes, i have been able to pay back THREE showers now that the stitches have started to heal.....i have many more to repay but that is one debt she can charge ALL the interest she wants to charge....i sure appreciate everyone that thought about our plight even for a second....were blessed to know you guys and girls....

orange machine
08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Congratulations comrade God is good!!!!

Roughneck93
08-07-2011, 07:05 PM
ive had a couple of inquiries and figured out that i didnt summarize things very well, but after months of delays, including having to wait for my sweetie to get back from europe, i FINALLY got the catheter removed from my neck.....the fistula in my arm has been working great and i actually got the central line removed from my neck the very day the first signs of an infection showed.....its been a week and the antibiotics finally kicked the infection, but after weeks and weeks of delays it finally got removed....

and yes, i have been able to pay back THREE showers now that the stitches have started to heal.....i have many more to repay but that is one debt she can charge ALL the interest she wants to charge....i sure appreciate everyone that thought about our plight even for a second....were blessed to know you guys and girls....

Good news! God bless and continued good health.

LionFan72
08-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Continued prayers for you and your family! Also praying for the One to move the scurge away from your family, enough is enough, give this family your blessings and a lot of peace.

bobcat1
08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Continued prayers for you and your family! Also praying for the One to move the scurge away from your family, enough is enough, give this family your blessings and a lot of peace.My prayers added to this.

trojandad
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Continued prayers for you and your family! Also praying for the One to move the scurge away from your family, enough is enough, give this family your blessings and a lot of peace.

thank you so much....i was surprised reading your post, i told a buddy of mine about it and he agreed that from the outside it sure looks like weve been thru it....it doesnt feel that way, tho....i guess thats another way He blesses when going thru times like this, to give our minds a rest while going thru it...

i feel like the most blessed man, i dont feel cursed or maligned, and i attribute all that to His peace of mind....when all this came down, i thought felicia would change her mind about going to spain this summer, but ive been well, ive played some pick up basketball games at the school, ive run....she felt comfy enough to spend 6 weeks in europe....

that promise to "keep our hearts and minds" has sure proven itself thru all this, as big of a miracle as the physics of my healing has been....i was much more worried about bobcats sister in law than i was of my situation....im just so thankful to Him for bringing my family mental relief during all this, and giving me such peace....ive never been soclose to death in my life, yet i feel more alive than i have in a decade....i know its from support and prayers like yours and many friends.....thank you again for your part......and all of you, too numerous to list......thank you....

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to you! So glad to hear that you are on the mend and feeling good inside and out! Take care and you will be in my thoughts!