PDA

View Full Version : Mavs

Farmersfan
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
In typical Mavs style.....................

Does Tony Romo play for the Mavericks?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

eagles_victory
04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Mavs choking lately is 10 times worse than Romo.

Emerson1
04-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Dirk had 3 shots the entire 4th quarter and didn't even touch it after that charge call.

coach
04-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Dirk had 3 shots the entire 4th quarter and didn't even touch it after that charge call. i dont understand why they didnt give him the ball....also why in the hell was deshawn stevenson not in the game guarding brandon roy

Emerson1
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by coach
i dont understand why they didnt give him the ball....also why in the hell was deshawn stevenson not in the game guarding brandon roy
Or Corey Brewer. Peja was in way to long in the fourth. During the run Dallas called a timeout and didn't make a line up change.

Txbroadcaster
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In typical Mavs style.....................

Does Tony Romo play for the Mavericks?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Sure hope the Mavs can get it back together tonight after that tough loss on Sat. They are just going to have to want it more and back it up with their play on the court.

Still will never understand why the Mavs didn't double Roy and make somebody else beat them...

BEAST
04-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Dirk had 3 shots the entire 4th quarter and didn't even touch it after that charge call.

This is what always drives me crazy about the Mavs. Dirk is one of the best players in the game. Yet, Terry and Kidd and others were firing 3s for no reason. FEED THE BIG MAN. He is either gonna make it, get fouled, our both.

BEAST

coach
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
This is what always drives me crazy about the Mavs. Dirk is one of the best players in the game. Yet, Terry and Kidd and others were firing 3s for no reason. FEED THE BIG MAN. He is either gonna make it, get fouled, our both.

BEAST

Great game tonight. One more!

Farmersfan
04-26-2011, 08:37 AM
The intensity was there last night. Chandler was a beast. I really have a hard time digesting how closely they call Chandler on the fouls that get him in trouble early in most games. but also I don't think the Mavs can continue to complain about the D. Wade calls in 06' because the foul differential was ridiculous last night. I know the Blazers are more physical and will grab, hold and body up but nobody can seriously claim the Blazers weren't taken out of that game by the difference in foul calls. And once again the Mavs get up big and start to look like they were going to allow the Blazers to get back in the game towards the end. For the life of me I cannot understand why the Mavs get a big lead and start to fire up long, ill advised shots instead of taking it to the hole. With a 20+ lead you don't need 3 pointers. 2 points every trip down the court will ice it for you. But right along with the lack of offensive intensity comes defensive intensity. In game 4 the Mavs played the worst defense I have ever seen them play in the 4th quarter. They were quite a bit better last night but still showed an aptitude for getting lazy after getting up. The series should be over already. Hopefully Chandler will bring the same intensity in game 6.

Bullaholic
04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Woo Hoo---Mavs took it to the Blazers last night. One more effort like that on Thurs and it's Rd 2 time! Go Mavs.

Maroon87
04-26-2011, 09:24 AM
The intensity was there last night. Chandler was a beast. I really have a hard time digesting how closely they call Chandler on the fouls that get him in trouble early in most games. but also I don't think the Mavs can continue to complain about the D. Wade calls in 06' because the foul differential was ridiculous last night. I know the Blazers are more physical and will grab, hold and body up but nobody can seriously claim the Blazers weren't taken out of that game by the difference in foul calls. And once again the Mavs get up big and start to look like they were going to allow the Blazers to get back in the game towards the end. For the life of me I cannot understand why the Mavs get a big lead and start to fire up long, ill advised shots instead of taking it to the hole. With a 20+ lead you don't need 3 pointers. 2 points every trip down the court will ice it for you. But right along with the lack of offensive intensity comes defensive intensity. In game 4 the Mavs played the worst defense I have ever seen them play in the 4th quarter. They were quite a bit better last night but still showed an aptitude for getting lazy after getting up. The series should be over already. Hopefully Chandler will bring the same intensity in game 6.

You kinda remind me of my bosses..."yeah it was perfect, but why wasn't it perfect sooner?":nerd:

waterboy
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
You kinda remind me of my bosses..."yeah it was perfect, but why wasn't it perfect sooner?":nerd:
Yep.......OR it could've been MORE perfect..........the forever cynical view.....;)

waterboy
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
The Mavs did look determined last night. I do hope they can put together a full game, a wire-to-wire effort to win this series in Game 6, instead of waiting to get back home to do it. I don't care how much of a lead they get, they can't be taking "plays off" and let Portland get momentum back. If they do that in Portland there will be a Game 7. I want to see them go ahead and close this series.:clap:

Farmersfan
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Maybe you have shown your boss that you have a talent for not being perfect so he rightfully expects the worst next time? That's on you, not him!

Farmersfan
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yep.......OR it could've been MORE perfect..........the forever cynical view.....;)

Just curious waterboy, How do you judge the efforts of the players in the 4th quarter of game 4? In my mind there is NO EXCUSE! We know they can do better so failure to do so is not acceptable. Do you accept less than the best effort from your children? I'm not talking about expecting them to always win. Hell if they never win it's fine as long as they give their best effort. Why would you expect less from a multi-million dollar athlete? I don't. I set a level of expectation that I consider to be their best and anything less is underachieving.

waterboy
04-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Just curious waterboy, How do you judge the efforts of the players in the 4th quarter of game 4? In my mind there is NO EXCUSE! We know they can do better so failure to do so is not acceptable. Do you accept less than the best effort from your children? I'm not talking about expecting them to always win. Hell if they never win it's fine as long as they give their best effort. Why would you expect less from a multi-million dollar athlete? I don't. I set a level of expectation that I consider to be their best and anything less is underachieving.
They are human, and despite what you think, there is a lot more parity in the league than you want to admit. Who's to say that the other team is not thinking the same thing your team is thinking? They want to win just as much as your team. Sometimes that in itself will make your own effort seem less than whole-hearted. Individuals will make mistakes in games, and take plays "off" mentally. That's just the way it is. The frustrating part to me is not being able to close games when you obviously have the advantage. I can assure you it's not from a lack of effort. It's more of a mental game than anything once momentum swings.

Farmersfan
04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
They are human, and despite what you think, there is a lot more parity in the league than you want to admit. Who's to say that the other team is not thinking the same thing your team is thinking? They want to win just as much as your team. Sometimes that in itself will make your own effort seem less than whole-hearted. Individuals will make mistakes in games, and take plays "off" mentally. That's just the way it is. The frustrating part to me is not being able to close games when you obviously have the advantage. I can assure you it's not from a lack of effort. It's more of a mental game than anything once momentum swings.

Sounds like we agree except it appears you accept it and I don't. Mental let-downs and taking plays off is not acceptable in my opinion if it gets you beat. Why do you think I stay on the Cowboys so much. One of the most talented teams in the NFL that underachieves every year due to the MENTAL part of the game. The Mavs are top 2 or 3 in the NBA in regular season wins over the past 10 years yet they are a punchline on a joke in the playoffs. Why? Mental............................

Maroon87
04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe you have shown your boss that you have a talent for not being perfect so he rightfully expects the worst next time? That's on you, not him!

News flash: we all have a talent for being not perfect.

waterboy
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Sounds like we agree except it appears you accept it and I don't. Mental let-downs and taking plays off is not acceptable in my opinion if it gets you beat. Why do you think I stay on the Cowboys so much. One of the most talented teams in the NFL that underachieves every year due to the MENTAL part of the game. The Mavs are top 2 or 3 in the NBA in regular season wins over the past 10 years yet they are a punchline on a joke in the playoffs. Why? Mental............................
I don't care who you are, you are not immuned to making mental mistakes. The players in the NBA fall under that humanism, even if we put them on a pedestal and expect them to perform superhuman feats. When I say they take plays off, that only means it's more because of mental mistakes than from a lack of effort, although I have seen both. It's the lack of effort portion that frustrates me. The mental part of the game is that both teams are trying to exert their will to win, which causes momentum swings that are prevalent in not only basketball, but all competitive sports. Mental toughness, which goes hand-in-hand with confidence, is a necessity to get to a championship level in sports. The Mavs couldn't get to that next level in years past. I'm hoping that they overcome some of those ghosts from the past this year.