PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall in ICU

piratebg
04-23-2011, 08:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6414256

Brandon Marshall stabbed, sources say

ESPN.com news services

Dolphins Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall has been stabbed with a knife by a woman and taken to a hospital, where he has been in intensive care, two league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Saturday morning.

"He's going to be OK," a source close to the situation told Schefter.

Marshall, acquired from the Broncos last April to become Miami's biggest offensive threat in 2010, led the Dolphins in receiving yards with 1,014 despite missing two games with a hamstring injury.

Marshall signed a four-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $24 million guaranteed, when he joined the Dolphins.

But the offseason headlines didn't stop at his trade and big contract for Marshall last year. With the NFL's lockout looming even then, Marshall said in August he would attempt to play in the NBA if games were cancelled.

"Not pursuing -- I'm going to be on an NBA team," Marshall said. "Seriously."

The NFL lockout entered its 43rd day on Saturday.

"There's not going to be any football," Marshall predicted in August. "If there's a lockout, I have to find a job. I figure the Nuggets will be a better choice because of the welcome home cheer I'll get -- a couple of boos at first. I'm gonna get with a basketball coach and get to work, prepare for the lockout."

A fourth-round draft pick by Denver in 2006, Marshall was named to the Pro Bowl with the Broncos in 2008 and 2009.

But his on-field performance was often overshadowed by turbulence in Denver.

Marshall was suspended by the team for the entire 2009 preseason after a series of behaviors detrimental to the team. The final straw came when a Denver television station filmed Marshall walking when his teammates were running, punting a football in protest and swatting away balls during a training-camp passing drill.

Marshall was also one of the instigators of the fight that led to teammate Darrent Williams' shooting death on New Year's Eve in 2006.

And Marshall's history of arrests includes disorderly conduct, drunken driving, and a number of incidents of alleged domestic violence.

Emerson1
04-23-2011, 09:14 AM
He was probably beating on a chick again.

injuredinmelee
04-23-2011, 11:38 AM
if he had stabbed her he would be charged with attempted murder, but so far she hasnt been. Double standard???

Emerson1
04-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
if he had stabbed her he would be charged with attempted murder, but so far she hasnt been. Double standard???
Could have been self defense.

The guy has a history of violence and would have already served some jail time if he wasn't an NFL player.

rancher
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Just part of the feetsball thug culture, remember Marshall was also involved in a New Year's Eve fight that led to the 2007 drive-by slaying of Broncos teammate Darrent Williams.