bd62
11-03-2001, 12:06 AM
bellville dist. champs.

jykoy
11-03-2001, 07:24 PM
Damn right

Jake_Tomas
11-04-2001, 03:31 PM
28-21.......ummmm, i could've sworn that last week i saw on this board that playing hallettsville was gonna be like a bye week for bellville. seems to me that bellville should spend less time coaching thier players how to grab a face mask and spend more time making sure their kids know that nobody is gonna lie down for them even if they have their names on the back of their jerseys. hallettsville would've beat them on a dry field...bellville is full of themselves and will be beat early in the playoffs.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Tomas (edited November 04, 2001).]

jykoy
11-04-2001, 09:20 PM
UH OH!!! We have a bitter someone... where are you from Jake Tomas? Perhaps Bellville was a bit lax for that game. I'm sure Bellville's head coach brought that up to them. And I"m definently sure they learned that you cant just show up and win. Like Bros543 said in another post, you cant just lay down and expect to win, you have to come ready to play. Thank goodness Bellville was just a superior team and could hold on to the lead... Next is Smithville, hopefully Bellville can pull an undefeated season. As for getting beat early in the playoffs, I can seriously say you have no way to prove that. Get back to me on that one...

bros543
11-26-2001, 07:25 PM
jake, is it still early in the playoffs?

Jake_Tomas
11-26-2001, 09:29 PM
no, but not everyone can play against a young team in the first round and against a JV QB in the second....but, i will give bellville their credit...i don't think they're gonna make it past sinton though.

bros543
11-27-2001, 12:25 PM
i think sinton vs bellville will be a battle of turnovers. I think the teams with the fewest let downs of any kind will win the ball game.

Also, did burnett lose everyone that played bellville and lost last year? so was it a fresh group of kids that lost this year?

toby070
11-27-2001, 01:03 PM
bros, I'm not surehow many kids from last year's Burnet team were on the roster this year, but Burnet's key players were mostly sophs and juniors this year, so I'd say probably not many.

Not taking anything away from Bellville, Burnet was a good team, but those guys will be loaded next year.