PDA

View Full Version : The Howling Bear needs a head football coach.

Phil C
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I read this in the Corpus Christi Caller--Times. After just one season Head Coach Joe Salinas has announced he was not coming back. Even though they didn't have a good season they ended strong and had a shot at the playoffs and everyone was happy with him. This has caught the School by surprise. He is leaving the head coaching position at 3A Corpus Christi West Oso to go to 2A Skidmore-Tynan as an assistant coach.

westcoast54
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I read this in the Corpus Christi Caller--Times. After just one season Head Coach Joe Salinas has announced he was not coming back. Even though they didn't have a good season they ended strong and had a shot at the playoffs and everyone was happy with him. This has caught the School by surprise. He is leaving the head coaching position at 3A Corpus Christi West Oso to go to 2A Skidmore-Tynan as an assistant coach.

I'd like to have this one. Love to go south for a few years.

runtowin
04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Things I am hearing. Girl's BB coach is AD, BB runs the show. BB kids don't play FB.

Maroon87
04-21-2011, 10:44 AM
True...WO is a basketball school in a football town known for baseball, if that makes any sense.

MustangFootball
04-22-2011, 12:07 AM
I think west oso needs to hire a good football coach/AD they have so much talent over there they can be successful in both football and basketball i don't think the basketball coach should be the AD.:thinking:

runtowin
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
I think west oso needs to hire a good football coach/AD they have so much talent over there they can be successful in both football and basketball i don't think the basketball coach should be the AD.:thinking:

Girls BB is AD