PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan gray

coach
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Says he will make his decision tomorrow. Where do y'all think he is going?

jason
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
texas

NastySlot
04-21-2011, 08:03 AM
tcu

Roc96
04-21-2011, 08:09 AM
t. u.

waterboy
04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
He'll probably stay close to home and go to TCU, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Texas or ATM. TCU is already stacked at running back, though.

theville
04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
He can anywhere as long as he gets out of that Aledo uniform.

:doh:

Phil C
04-21-2011, 08:24 AM
This one could go either of the three ways. The word on other free boards is that he will announce his decision at midnight or shortly thereafter because it is his 18th birthday. Of course it could change. He will be at Aledo HS for a press conference to answer questions tomorrow. Tonight before the announcement he is also planning on calling the coaches to let them know of his decision.

See you here tonight at about midnight!

Old Tiger
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I would be shocked if its A&M. I think its Texas but its 50/50 IMO.

Bullaholic
04-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Sure hope he ends up in Ft. Worth.

jason
04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by theville
He can anywhere as long as he gets out of that Aledo uniform.

:doh: lol...

stephenville fans probably cant wait for him to leave....

all roads lead to them in the regional final again this year....sucks for shs....

slingshot
04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Texas. :( Mack Brown allegedly told him and his father that he would START as a true freshman if he would early enroll... done deal he's a Longhorn. Got this yesterday from a trusted source who is very close to him and his family.

LionKing
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
tcu I thought for awhile TCU could be the leader, but several TCU people I know believe he ends up in Austin.

hollywood
04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I thought for awhile TCU could be the leader, but several TCU people I know believe he ends up in Austin.

HOOK 'EM! Why wouldn't he want to play for the greatest college football program in Texas?

Bosqueville
04-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
HOOK 'EM! Why wouldn't he want to play for the greatest college football program in Texas?

I second that! BEVO PROUD!!

PPHSfan
04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Sisters if the poor.

Matthew328
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Texas....

Ernest T Bass
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Just once I wanna hear one of these kids say he wants to continue to dominate and see him sign with Tarleton or something.

NastySlot
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Texas. :( Mack Brown allegedly told him and his father that he would START as a true freshman if he would early enroll... done deal he's a Longhorn. Got this yesterday from a trusted source who is very close to him and his family.

probably has told all the rb's he's signed lately the same thing.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
probably has told all the rb's he's signed lately the same thing.

More likely he tells them they have a chance to come in and start right away..which with the state of RB position is actually true

bobcat1
04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
HOOK 'EM! Why wouldn't he want to play for the greatest college football program in Texas? :spitlol: :fnypost:

bobcat1
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Texas. :( Mack Brown allegedly told him and his father that he would START as a true freshman if he would early enroll... Sounds like some of the crap he has pulled before. I can hear him now, "You're the best..... well unless someone else comes along and er well I lied to you haha."

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Sounds like some of the crap he has pulled before. I can hear him now, "You're the best..... well unless someone else comes along and er well I lied to you haha."

yea Mack Brown is the only coach that will say those things lol...also I wonder what he really said

I once got to sit in with a family as a coach recruited their kid...he was a stud...well they remember the conversation alot different than it happened...basically it was like I said before

the coach said hey you COULD come in and play right away. If you work hard and get into the program then you MIGHT be a starter from day one...Well all the family heard was Your going to start right away.

Emerson1
04-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I'd trade Malcom Brown for Gray in a heartbeat.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'd trade Malcom Brown for Gray in a heartbeat.

i dont know yet..Brown projects well to College because of size..IMO both in same backfield could be a force

DDBooger
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
i dont know yet..Brown projects well to College because of size..IMO both in same backfield could be a force Do you think they'll be back there at the same time? I was thinking more like Bama's set up the past two years.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Do you think they'll be back there at the same time? I was thinking more like Bama's set up the past two years.

I did not mean at same time, just meant in the RB position at same time..yes I think like bama did..Brown being the power, Gray being the quick slasher back

DDBooger
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I did not mean at same time, just meant in the RB position at same time..yes I think like bama did..Brown being the power, Gray being the quick slasher back Ok, I figured you may have meant that. Should be a great tandem if things materialize.

Old Tiger
04-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Texas. :( Mack Brown allegedly told him and his father that he would START as a true freshman if he would early enroll... done deal he's a Longhorn. Got this yesterday from a trusted source who is very close to him and his family. I don't know about how trustworthy your source is but if he can beat out Malcolm Brown then he sure as heck should start from day one.

Usually by start from day one mack means the first monday after a loss to OU.

Roc96
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Mack Brown allegedly told him and his father that he would START as a true freshman if he would early enroll... done deal he's a Longhorn. Got this yesterday from a trusted source who is very close to him and his family.

I wonder what Malcolm Brown thinks of that quote.

He probably feels the same way that Opie felt when Mack told Chrissy Sims the same thing.

nobogey72
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds like some of the crap he has pulled before. I can hear him now, "You're the best..... well unless someone else comes along and er well I lied to you haha."

I always thought that he must have make some promises to Chris/Phil Simms about starting. The would be the only way to explain that situation.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I always thought that he must have make some promises to Chris/Phil Simms about starting. The would be the only way to explain that situation.

or maybe the fact Simms outpefromed Major in spring and 2 a days

I am still amazed how that whole era has turned into Major was always perfect, Simms was always bad..Major had some truly CRAP games( Stanford, NC State, OU, Big 12 titlae game agianst Nebraska, Arkansas in Cotton Bowl)

Major was a good QB who has been pushed into a level of he never lost

Old Tiger
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM

I am still amazed how that whole era has turned into Major was always perfect, Simms was always bad..Major had some truly CRAP games( Stanford, NC State, OU, Big 12 titlae game agianst Nebraska, Arkansas in Cotton Bowl)

Major was a good QB who has been pushed into a level of he never lost Simms wasn't terrible.....

If GG could play as good as Simms did it would be awesome.

bobcat1
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Major was a good QB who has been pushed into a level of he never lost Did Simms have more talent, maybe. But the HEART was greater in Major. He wanted it and played like it.

Originally posted by Old Tiger
Simms wasn't terrible.....

If GG could play as good as Simms did it would be awesome.
I disagree OT, GG is about as good as Simms ever was. Simms hoovered to use Royce's terminology.

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Did Simms have more talent, maybe. But the HEART was greater in Major. He wanted it and played like it.

I disagree OT, GG is about as good as Simms ever was. Simms hoovered to use Royce's terminology.

Simms

2nd Highest Passer Rating (Career) - 138.4. (Behind Colt McCoy)
5th Best Winning Percentage (Career) - 26-6, 0.812 (Behind James Street, Bobby Layne, Vince Young and McCoy).
3rd Most Touchdowns (Career) - 58 (Behind Major Applewhite and McCoy).
2nd Most Touchdowns (Single Season) - 26 (Behind McCoy, tied with Young).
2nd Most Touchdowns (Single Game) - 5 (Behind McCoy, tied with Layne).
3rd most passing yards in a game (vs Nebraska) - 419 (Behind Applewhite & McCoy).[3]

Simms was 26-6 as a starter..If Gilbert can even get CLOSE to that it will be a success. In fact Simms had better winning percentage than Major

Sorry Heart thing is overrated..Why did Major have more heart? What proves that? It is simply because Applewhite was not a big time recruit people assume he had more heart. Fact is both were really good QBs in college that had flaws.

Macarthur
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Texas....

This is the conventional wisdom out there, but I have a feeling that he could end up at TCU. In fact, I think he may announce Texas and change his mind later.

I don't really have any inside information, but I just get a feeling that TCU is gaining some serious momentum in DFW.

I also think that if Texas' offense struggles again this season (specifically the OL), it could cause the family to give this a second thought.

BEAST
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
This is the conventional wisdom out there, but I have a feeling that he could end up at TCU. In fact, I think he may announce Texas and change his mind later.

I don't really have any inside information, but I just get a feeling that TCU is gaining some serious momentum in DFW.

I also think that if Texas' offense struggles again this season (specifically the OL), it could cause the family to give this a second thought.

My nephew who plays in Aledo has been telling me its Heavy TCU with a small ATM chance. Not a mention of Texas. Who knows though.

BEAST

nobogey72
04-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Simms

2nd Highest Passer Rating (Career) - 138.4. (Behind Colt McCoy)
5th Best Winning Percentage (Career) - 26-6, 0.812 (Behind James Street, Bobby Layne, Vince Young and McCoy).
3rd Most Touchdowns (Career) - 58 (Behind Major Applewhite and McCoy).
2nd Most Touchdowns (Single Season) - 26 (Behind McCoy, tied with Young).
2nd Most Touchdowns (Single Game) - 5 (Behind McCoy, tied with Layne).
3rd most passing yards in a game (vs Nebraska) - 419 (Behind Applewhite & McCoy).[3]

Simms was 26-6 as a starter..If Gilbert can even get CLOSE to that it will be a success. In fact Simms had better winning percentage than Major

Sorry Heart thing is overrated..Why did Major have more heart? What proves that? It is simply because Applewhite was not a big time recruit people assume he had more heart. Fact is both were really good QBs in college that had flaws.

OR, it could be that MA performed his best when it was crunch time is why alot of people have that opinion. Simms was awesome in games that he was supposed to win. Like a hitter that goes 4 for 4 every time against a weak pitcher and not so much against the good ones. I'm sorry TXB, his body language was horrible when the chips were down. His leadership was horrible IMO. MA seemed to have the respect of his teammates and everybody else seemed to pick it up and good things happened. No doubt, on paper Simms was head and shoulder the better of the two but if you asked their teammates back then who they wanted out there....... MA. And, that is not IMO.

theville
04-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
My nephew who plays in Aledo has been telling me its Heavy TCU with a small ATM chance. Not a mention of Texas. Who knows though.

BEAST

Next LT, BEAST?

Got a good chance.....

BEAST
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by theville
Next LT, BEAST?

Got a good chance.....

Maybe

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
OR, it could be that MA performed his best when it was crunch time is why alot of people have that opinion. Simms was awesome in games that he was supposed to win. Like a hitter that goes 4 for 4 every time against a weak pitcher and not so much against the good ones. I'm sorry TXB, his body language was horrible when the chips were down. His leadership was horrible IMO. MA seemed to have the respect of his teammates and everybody else seemed to pick it up and good things happened. No doubt, on paper Simms was head and shoulder the better of the two but if you asked their teammates back then who they wanted out there....... MA. And, that is not IMO.

then explain why Ma was terrible in Big 12 title game AND the cotton bowl? If he was such a leader would they not have rallied with him and played better? They scored like 9 points combined in those two games

actually teamates loved both of them

eagles_victory
04-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Reminds me of when Adrian Peterson was being recruited everyone had "inside" information and everyone heard this or heard that. If Matthew says Texas Ill believe that but not the other hearsay.

eagleqb_14
04-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Reminds me of when Adrian Peterson was being recruited everyone had "inside" information and everyone heard this or heard that. If Matthew says Texas Ill believe that but not the other hearsay.

I heard SFA...

NastySlot
04-21-2011, 11:07 PM
rumors are texas caps were delivered to aledo texas today....maybe true or might be a buddy messing with me.

I still think its tcu.

Phil C
04-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Just a few more minutes! Excitement indeed!

Phil C
04-22-2011, 12:07 AM
TEXAS!!!!!!

Z-RO
04-22-2011, 12:08 AM
are you over on OB's right now as well? :D

Old Tiger
04-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
are you over on OB's right now as well? :D OB's sucks

Ex-Tiger2005
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Did Gray ever make a choice?

Ex-Tiger2005
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Did Gray ever make a choice?

NVM

mwrams
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes. THE University of TEXAS

LIONS#1
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Good news is always good to hear...HOOK'EM!!

coach
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
i used to like the kid...now not so much lol

Dogman_1969
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
\m/ HOOKEM \m/

eagles_victory
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
i used to like the kid...now not so much lol After his college selection he better be a model citizen on the field next year esp. if Coach is in the crowd.

slingshot
04-24-2011, 10:17 AM
For those of you who doubted my source? He was right on... Told you.

Emerson1
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
For those of you who doubted my source? He was right on... Told you.
Because it was such a stretch to predict be was going to Texas :rolleyes:

coach
04-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
After his college selection he better be a model citizen on the field next year esp. if Coach is in the crowd.

he better not get upset once this season. i expect him to play like a grown man and never get upset with anything...

slingshot
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
For those of you who doubted my source? He was right on... Told you. Didn't see you breaking it when everyone was saying he was going to TCU :rolleyes: .