PDA

View Full Version : My Creed

STANG RED
04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Saw this on the wall in my eye doctors office the other day, and asked him for a copy. I think most of you will like it. I wish most people had this for a creed.

MY CREED
I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon ... if I can. I seek opportunity-not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the State look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence, nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations, to face the world boldly and say: “This I have done." All this is what it means to be an American.

bobcat1
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Saw this on the wall in my eye doctors office the other day, and asked him for a copy. I think most of you will like it. I wish most people had this for a creed.

MY CREED
I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon ... if I can. I seek opportunity-not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the State look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence, nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations, to face the world boldly and say: “This I have done." All this is what it means to be an American. IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernest T Bass
04-21-2011, 05:46 AM
That's going on the wall.

PPHSfan
04-21-2011, 07:02 AM
MY Creed:

Vote for Vinnie...and nobody gets hurt.