PDA

View Full Version : District 30 softball 4-19-11

MustangFootball
04-19-2011, 10:46 PM
well its official the ingleside lady stangs finished up district un-defeated with a 11-1 win over mathis tonight, now getting ready for playoffs....please post scores of other district games.:nerd:

pirate4state
04-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Aransas Pass defeated Sinton 4-2. I believe with the win they secured 3rd place. Congrats Lady Panthers.

MustangFootball
04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Aransas Pass defeated Sinton 4-2. I believe with the win they secured 3rd place. Congrats Lady Panthers.

WoW I didn't see that coming!!!

Phil C
04-20-2011, 07:57 AM

I'm not sure who won third place. The Corpus Christi Caller/Times was no help this morning but that isn't a surprise. They didn't have the Goliad vs Rockport-Fulton result.

Phil C
04-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
WoW I didn't see that coming!!!

I didn't either but I knew it was a possibility. I wasn't at the game but Aransas Pass must have been ready. I saw them when we beat them easily earlier and could tell they would be tough if they eliminated errors and mental mistakes. The same was with Rockport-Fulton. And Goliad played us two close games and had two on base when we beat them 5-3 in Sinton. And Mathis in the first game gave Ingleside a big scare as they barely lost that game.
So in this district nothing could be taken for granted this year. Any team was capable of winning against anyone on a given night.

Phil C
04-20-2011, 08:02 AM

The teenage terminator's little sister must have been playing. :(

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The teenage terminator's little sister must have been playing. :(

lol...she is a freshman and played SS in the JV game. AP won that one 13-10. Our JV has really struggled this year and actually started looking pretty good toward the end of the season.

I visited with P4S until about the 5th inning of the varsity game, but left when the score was 2-2. I was freezing. Congrats Lady Panthers on the win. Our team is young and in a rebuilding year, they will be fine and had a good season.:)

pirate4state
04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure who won third place. The Corpus Christi Caller/Times was no help this morning but that isn't a surprise. They didn't have the Goliad vs Rockport-Fulton result. Spoke to the AP 1st base coach. He told us they were in a win & we're in type of game. AP was in with a win or a Rockport loss. If Rockport won I believe they would have to play a tie breaker game as they split games.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Spoke to the AP 1st base coach. He told us they were in a win & we're in type of game. AP was in with a win or a Rockport loss. If Rockport won I believe they would have to play a tie breaker game as they split games.

I have an employee that has a sister that plays for Rockport. I might be able to find out how they did when she gets to work.

Phil C
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have an employee that has a sister that plays for Rockport. I might be able to find out how they did when she gets to work.

I hope you find out. I called Rockport-Fulton HS and as in most cases no one there knew if they won or not. Some people sure don't take their softball very seriously.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I hope you find out. I called Rockport-Fulton HS and as in most cases no one there knew if they won or not. Some people sure don't take their softball very seriously.

Sorry for the delay...what a busy morning!

Rockport lost to Goliad. Unsure of the score, but it was a 10 run rule.

Phil C
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Sorry for the delay...what a busy morning!

Rockport lost to Goliad. Unsure of the score, but it was a 10 run rule.

This isn't for the result but for AP being able to investigate and get it to us. Well done AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzOQFpGPYE

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
This isn't for the result but for AP being able to investigate and get it to us. Well done AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzOQFpGPYE

Thanks Phil C, but when I clicked on the link I got:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that."

MUSTANG69
04-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Phil C, but when I clicked on the link I got:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that."

I did not have any problem with this link.:thinking:

Maybe Aransas Pass is in a different country than the rest of us.:D

MustangFootball
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
so with that AP win and with a rockport and mathis loss i guess its pretty safe to say AP has that 3rd spot, but that's not official just a safe guess.:nerd: