PDA

View Full Version : Backwards Baseball caps

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
another thread made me think of this.........

Coaches - how do you handle it when (if) your players (while on school functions/school grounds) wear their baseball cap backwards. It is not tolerated in Cuero - just wondering how you'll handle it :)

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
why does a backward hat bother so many people?

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Well for us old timers it means you have too many catchers.

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 11:28 AM

I would rather see a backward cap than one that is cocked to the side.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
At what age do you become an old-timer?

I'm only 30, and don't consider myself an old-timer. Mydad is over 50 and I really don't consider him one either.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Or pulling a Dez :doh:

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 11:31 AM
More important things to worry about than the direction of a baseball cap.

NastySlot
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
IDK...I was just told to wear it right and take it off inside and when eating.

garciap77
04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
It is not tolerated in Wylie!

And it should not be tolerated in America:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/basecap.jpg

IMO

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
At what age do you become an old-timer?

I'm only 30, and don't consider myself an old-timer. Mydad is over 50 and I really don't consider him one either.

I guess it depends on what your talking about. Since this is a site about H.S. football and sports you become an old timer if other old timers PM about how cold it was during the Brownwood / Cureo State game in 70! ;)

I'm sure there are several on this site that think you are over the hill at 30. :D

sahen
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
i used to always wear my hat backwards but i was the catcher...as a matter of fact it took a long time for me to get used to having it forward with the bill in the way (or it seemed like it was in the way to me at the time)....the catcher's mask never seemed to fit right w/o my hat on, plus when i practiced i just had the mask and not the batting helmet part to use...

garciap77
04-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Yeah! I made injuredinmelee remove his cap when we got to the 3A state game this year.:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cap.jpg

;)

Saggy Aggie
04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Why should any of you care how someone else wears their hat? :confused:

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
I could care less about backwards. The sideways one looks stupid and always lets me ask them a question ; Are you trying to keep rain out of that ear? :D

AP Panther Fan
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I could care less about backwards. The sideways one looks stupid and always lets me ask them a question ; Are you trying to keep rain out of that ear? :D

:iagree:

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
It is not tolerated in Wylie!

And it should not be tolerated in America:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/basecap.jpg

IMO

why?

garciap77
04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
why?

;)

DDBooger
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Who was the Florida Marlins pitcher who kind of started the flat bill cocked to the side slightly, look? The following year all the kids at the LLWS had it like that. lol

coach
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Who was the Florida Marlins pitcher who kind of started the flat bill cocked to the side slightly, look? The following year all the kids at the LLWS had it like that. lol

Dontrell Willis

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I dont have a problem with them backwards either just crooked drives me crazy, but if a kid wants to look like an idiot then who am I to stop him,:D
there are plenty other ways they will find to do that.
My oldest son who has graduated and is married wheres shorts all the time however doesnt own a pair of shoes, only boots and cleats. So he is sporting the kaki shorts and boots look. :D

coach
04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I dont have a problem with them backwards either just crooked drives me crazy, but if a kid wants to look like an idiot then who am I to stop him,:D
there are plenty other ways they will find to do that.
My oldest son who has graduated and is married wheres shorts all the time however doesnt own a pair of shoes, only boots and cleats. So he is sporting the kaki shorts and boots look. :D

Btw... It's a baseball cap not a hat. There is a difference.

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by coach
Btw... It's a baseball cap not a hat. There is a difference. When did I say it was a hat?

coach
04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
When did I say it was a hat?

My bad didn't mean to quote you. I was telling the entire board

jockcity33
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
It is not allowed in Fort Stockton. If I catch them and take it away they have some serious "extra conditioning" to do.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Because of my ego backwards is the only way I can get my hats to fit properly.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by coach
Dontrell Willis he's the trillest

BaseballUmp
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
For me, it just depends how long my hair is and whether or not I'm wearing my sunglasses or not. I'll wear mine both ways. If I havent formed the hat to my head yet, then I'll wear it backwards because of the poof in the crown and it just looks weird, but if I've had it for a while and its formed then I'll wear it regularly. Just depends on the cap and the situation.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
For me, it just depends how long my hair is and whether or not I'm wearing my sunglasses or not. I'll wear mine both ways. If I havent formed the hat to my head yet, then I'll wear it backwards because of the poof in the crown and it just looks weird, but if I've had it for a while and its formed then I'll wear it regularly. Just depends on the cap and the situation. I found this picture of you on the square

http://widerightandnattylight.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/kevin_federline_douche_bag.jpg

NastySlot
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
why?

I know that our isd...allows hats and caps to worn the proper way they were intended to be worn....but must be remove when entering a building ..........includes all adults.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I know that our isd...allows hats and caps to worn the proper way they were intended to be worn....but must be remove when entering a building ..........includes all adults. Who decided in the beginning that all hats must be worn with the bill facing forward as the "proper way?"

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Interesting replies.. Keep em coming.............

;)

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Why do people care about this stuff? It's like ear rings..Who cares? Everybody on a coaching staff is always worried about the "appearance" of discipline. Yet, they refuse to disciplen the kids on real issues.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bolshavik
Why do people care about this stuff? It's like ear rings..Who cares? Everybody on a coaching staff is always worried about the "appearance" of discipline. Yet, they refuse to disciplen the kids on real issues. Well say your at a bar and a guy walks up to you to talk and bs....you notice he has 1 ear ring...is that ear ring on the right ear or left ear....Some say that matters lol

NastySlot
04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Who decided in the beginning that all hats must be worn with the bill facing forward as the "proper way?"

my guess would of been originally logos were only on the front.

pirate4state
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
why does a backward hat bother so many people? why does anything bother anyone?

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
why does anything bother anyone? A good walking of the dogs can make anyone that is bothered by something unbothered.

pirate4state
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Who decided in the beginning that all hats must be worn with the bill facing forward as the "proper way?" :doh:

LMAO you are literally too stupid to insult, but I love you anyway :kiss:

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Why do people care about this stuff? It's like ear rings..Who cares? Everybody on a coaching staff is always worried about the "appearance" of discipline. Yet, they refuse to disciplen the kids on real issues.

Broad strokes, don't you think? Everyone? Always?

Like I said, it's not tolerated @ Cuero ISD - and you ask why? Because that's the rule. Plain and simple. Also, it's called
R E S P E C T.. something that is lacking, as evidenced by, well - it's just evident :doh:
I do agree with those that say that "sideways" bugs them more than backwards. I guess the days of a gentlemen taking his hat/cap off when going into a building are fading away.. and heaven forbid they remove the hat/cap at the dinner table.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Like I said, it's not tolerated @ Cuero ISD - and you ask why? Because that's the rule. Plain and simple. Also, it's called
R E S P E C T.. something that is lacking, as evidenced by, well - it's just evident :doh:
I do agree with those that say that "sideways" bugs them more than backwards. I guess the days of a gentlemen taking his hat/cap off when going into a building are fading away.. and heaven forbid they remove the hat/cap at the dinner table. When I go to restaurants I take my cap off upon entering but at FF places I don't care.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
When I go to restaurants I take my cap off upon entering but at FF places I don't care.

your momma brought you up right :) I can't speak for them all the time, but I guarantee my boys KNOW to remove their caps and for the most part do, but I'd be willing to bet they don't remove them at Whataburger @ 3AM after a dance :) They also know to stand when a woman enters the room and especially at a table......... do they do it when I'm not around? probably not but I like to think they do :)
sidenote - FF places don't count lol.......... :D

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
your momma brought you up right :)
sidenote - FF places don't count lol.......... :D Have you been to the DQ in Giddings? I would say that place counts...one of the nicest DQ's I have ever been to.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Have you been to the DQ in Giddings? I would say that place counts...one of the nicest DQ's I have ever been to.
can't say that I have but I'll think of you fondly if I ever do :D

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Ya'll had better quit calling them Hats!

Old Green
04-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I guess it depends on what your talking about. Since this is a site about H.S. football and sports you become an old timer if other old timers PM about how cold it was during the Brownwood / Cureo State game in 70! ;)

I'm sure there are several on this site that think you are over the hill at 30. :D :D :clap: It was dang cold!!!!

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I hate when my husband kisses me with his cap on the "proper" way....he always bangs me in the forehead with it!!!

Personally...I kinda like the backward cap look!!

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
your momma brought you up right :) I can't speak for them all the time, but I guarantee my boys KNOW to remove their caps and for the most part do, but I'd be willing to bet they don't remove them at Whataburger @ 3AM after a dance :) They also know to stand when a woman enters the room and especially at a table......... do they do it when I'm not around? probably not but I like to think they do :)
sidenote - FF places don't count lol.......... :D :clap: :clap: :clap: We used to be reminded we had a hat on by either a slap to the back of the head or the hat taken off and being slapped in the head with it a few times. Had a chair jerked out from under me a few times with me in it when we did not stand when Mom made it to the table. Mine know the rules too. :D

LIONS#1
04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
That's right...or FauxCoach might reprimand U...LMAO!!

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM

I do agree with those that say that "sideways" bugs them more than backwards. I guess the days of a gentlemen taking his hat/cap off when going into a building are fading away.. and heaven forbid they remove the hat/cap at the dinner table.

I guess I just dont see how wearing a hat any certain way means respect, or lack of respect

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by LIONS#1
That's right...or FauxCoach might reprimand U...LMAO!! :spitlol: :fnypost:

Corn Cob
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I am proud of Cuero and Wylie for not allowing caps to be worn backwards. Why? Because a cap being worn backwards looks gangsta and downright tacky. My Dad didn't let me wear my cap backwards and I sure as h#ll don't let my 11 year old son wear his backwards. Please Cuero and Wylie, stick with the discipline! Continue to be old school. Don't give in to the wussyfication of America!

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I guess I just dont see how wearing a hat any certain way means respect, or lack of respect Simple, if it is a rule where you work, live, or go to school then you should respect the rule and those that put them in place.

truebluestang
04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Why not let them wear their pants backwards, their shirts inside out, sag their pants, look however they want. Remember it is all about how they look. That is what its all about- the attention they draw to themselves which defies every team concept I can think of. I could care less about the non-athletes in a school but athletes are suppossed to represent their program and school a little classier than that. I think if kids want to look like thugs, they eventually start to act like them as well. Kids are always going to try to get away with as much as you allow. If you never address this just wait until they take the field representing your town. We love it when we play teams like that.

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:15 PM
There are exceptions: if you are welding you want to cover the ear turned toward the weld if you are welding underneath something. Also other times such as shooting a bow or as G2 does when he peeks in windows. :D

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow!! I dread going home and telling my husband what a "wuss" he is because he sometimes turns his cap backwards.
:p

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow!! I dread going home and telling my husband what a "wuss" he is because he sometimes turns his cap backwards.
:p He could be a peepin tom in disguise!:eek:

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 02:26 PM
He could be a peepin tom in disguise!:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess I am in the minority here. Greenwood didn't allow caps on campus, so it was a non-issue. During DARE week, I think there was one day that they could pay a dollar and get to wear their caps....but that had to be worn properly or they lost them, I had no problem with that.

I also had no problem with my 4 boys wearing their caps in the house, frontwards or backwards.....I had bigger worries than what they were wearing on their head.

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I hate when my husband kisses me with his cap on the "proper" way....he always bangs me in the forehead with it!!!

Personally...I kinda like the backward cap look!! I had poked my girlfriends eye with mine on a drunken night.

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I also had no problem with my 4 boys wearing their caps in the house, frontwards or backwards.....I had bigger worries than what they were wearing on their head. Now that I think about it I never have either. But when one of their grandmothers are around they mind their manners. My wife doesn't care but then the boys don't eat with hats or caps on at the dinner table. I don't have any sons that wear caps sideways unless they are welding or making fun of friends that do.:D

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
I am proud of Cuero and Wylie for not allowing caps to be worn backwards. Why? Because a cap being worn backwards looks gangsta and downright tacky. My Dad didn't let me wear my cap backwards and I sure as h#ll don't let my 11 year old son wear his backwards. Please Cuero and Wylie, stick with the discipline! Continue to be old school. Don't give in to the wussyfication of America! Backwards hats are for wussies? Backwards hats are gangster? Most gangsters I know wear their hats tilted to the side or backwards yet still tilted to the side.

Granted a backwards hat on some people don't make the wussy the wussy makes the hat.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/470/567/tony_romo_display_image.jpg

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I had poked my girlfriends eye with mine on a drunken night.

We know thats a lie.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Simple, if it is a rule where you work, live, or go to school then you should respect the rule and those that put them in place.

different situation..following rules no matter if front or back is good..I am taking about people that think wearing a hat backwards means gangsta, or disrespect

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I wear my ballcaps backwards and my visors forwards. I promise, I'm no wuss.

It's all in preference

The main reason I wear my ball caps backwards, is I hate the high rise front that most caps have. I used to cut out the netting in my baseball cap in HS so it didn't look so stupid.

The hat to the side stuff retarded looking. to each is own.

My hats only are worn when I need a haircut or am in too big of a hurrry to comb my hair. I don't think the way hat is worn has anything to do with manners or deminor. It really only has to do with personal fashion.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I had poked my girlfriends eye with mine on a drunken night.

:D :D :clap: :clap:
http://files.sharenator.com/i_see_what_you_did_there_proof_of_girls-s600x750-70427-580.jpg

POTD :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 02:52 PM
my visors forwards.

The main reason I wear my ball caps backwards, is I hate the high rise front that most caps have.

Same here about the high rise front

and visors....

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/visor.jpg

Farmersfan
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I guess I just dont see how wearing a hat any certain way means respect, or lack of respect

I know it is viewed as uncool and wrong to say it but I don't like the backwards cap and saggin pants because it makes white boys look like they want to be black boys!!!! So sue me!

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
remember - the question was about athletes on or @ school functions.. So, if they are wearing their caps backwards or cocked to the side or however you wanna call it lol, I think that's disrespectful of the R U L E S. I am not calling anybody anything - I just thought it was an interesting topic. Carry on... see how fast the afternoon is flying by :)

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I know it is viewed as uncool and wrong to say it but I don't like the backwards cap and saggin pants because it makes white boys look like they want to be black boys!!!! So sue me! What about the white boys wearing american eagle, hollister, abercrombie, or any other similar brand clothing and not sagging that is wearing a backwards hat?

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM
What about the white boys wearing american eagle, hollister, abercrombie, or any other similar brand clothing and not sagging that is wearing a backwards hat?
not posed to me but I don't care as long as he's not wearing a Green and White uniform with Gobblers on it - cause that's the rule :)

DDBooger
What about the white boys wearing american eagle, hollister, abercrombie, or any other similar brand clothing and not sagging that is wearing a backwards hat? As long as they don't want to be black. lol

stupid.

Ranger Mom
LOL! Now I get to tell my husband that he is a wuss that is a wanna-be black boy.

I know, when mowing, my husband will turn his cap around to keep the sun off of his neck. The only bad thing about that is he has a half moon sunburn on his forehead!!:doh:

Txbroadcaster
I know it is viewed as uncool and wrong to say it but I don't like the backwards cap and saggin pants because it makes white boys look like they want to be black boys!!!! So sue me!

I can see ur point..except I was wearing my hat backwards back in 86 in little league because I hated how the bill of the cap was always in my vision

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 02:59 PM
not posed to me but I don't care as long as he's not wearing a Green and White uniform with Gobblers on it - cause that's the rule :) I understand if you are wearing your baseball uniform or any uniform of the school but not if you are just walking around casual and not apart of the team.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
LOL! Now I get to tell my husband that he is a wuss that is a wanna-be black boy.

I know, when mowing, my husband will turn his cap around to keep the sun off of his neck. The only bad thing about that is he has a half moon sunburn on his forehead!!:doh:

better than racoon eyes I always end up with after either mowing or golfing.

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
better than racoon eyes I always end up with after either mowing or golfing.

That's a given. He wears his sunglasses as much/or more than his cap!

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Is it just me or did this thread bring out some posters that don't normally post.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Is it just me or did this thread bring out some posters that don't normally post.

good - we need some interaction and a good discussion in the off season.. We're all adults (well, that's debatable but I digress) it's fun to have a good debate now and then.. :)

I've got an appt coming in - you'll be nice.. and RM - I will be waiting on how Mr RangerMom handles being told he's a wussy :D :D

CenTexSports
04-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope I get to call a Brownwood football game this year and I will wear my white hat on backwards. If they say anything I will tell them Ranger Mom said it was OK for men to wear them that way.

That would probably get more attention than the pink whistles.

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:09 PM
good - we need some interaction and a good discussion in the off season.. We're all adults (well, that's debatable but I digress) it's fun to have a good debate now and then.. :)

I've got an appt coming in - you'll be nice.. and RM - I will be waiting on how Mr RangerMom handles being told he's a wussy :D :D

ROFL!!

As a matter of fact, he just sent me a text letting me know he was heading in from the field. So I sent him a text back......

He said, "I'll show you wuss, just wait til I....."(and the rest can't be repeated on a family friendly forum)!!

:p :p

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I hope I get to call a Brownwood football game this year and I will wear my white hat on backwards. If they say anything I will tell them Ranger Mom said it was OK for men to wear them that way.

If you do I'll be the guy with a BWD cap on backwards or a TTU visor forwards :D

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
ROFL!!

As a matter of fact, he just sent me a text letting me know he was heading in from the field. So I sent him a text back......

He said, "I'll show you wuss, just wait til I....."(and the rest can't be repeated on a family friendly forum)!!

:p :p

Ranger Mama gon' sleep good tonight!

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

You are putting words in my mouth now!!

Txbroadcaster
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I always wear my hat backwards when broadcasting..the headset sits better

Emerson1
04-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I only wear hats when my hair is nappy and I need to cover it up, then I wear it backwards because I look weird in a hat.

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 03:14 PM

No one touch that.....I can see the trouble on the horizon!:eek:

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Bet that ain't all that ends up there.

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
No one touch that.....I can see the trouble on the horizon!:eek: Too late..............ETB has struck!

Farmersfan
04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
As long as they don't want to be black. lol

stupid.

So your high priced education isn't infallible afterall?

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I only wear hats when my hair is nappy

So you wear your hat always :eek: :p

DDBooger
04-19-2011, 03:21 PM
So your high priced education isn't infallible afterall? If thinking your opinion is asinine and ignorant. So be it! ;)

Still don't understand why you guys always go there (my occupation/education). Silly

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Too late..............ETB has struck!

Was there ever any doubt?

Old Tiger
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM

I've got an appt coming in - you'll be nice.. and RM - I will be waiting on how Mr RangerMom handles being told he's a wussy :D :D I'm sure he would rather be called a wussy than "Mr RangerMom" lol

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm sure he would rather be called a wussy than "Mr RangerMom" lol

I don't think he's ever really cared one way or the other what anyone here thought of or called him!!

pirate4state
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Where is Rocket and his big IGNORANCE stamp?!?!

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think he's ever really cared one way or the other what anyone here thought of or called him!!

Not sure of you marital status history but the other day in the mail I received junk mail addressed to "Mr. My wifes ex-husband's name". Her ex-husband has never lived at or close to the house, they took her married name and addressed it "Mr." That bothered me a bit.:mad:

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
I will wear my hat backwards if my neck is burning or if im driving my boat or 4 wheeler and I dont want it to blow off.
Or if i'm trying to make my kids or grandkid smile. :D

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
I only wear my hat backwards when I want to be black.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
oh dear - this could get interesting :eek: :D

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I always wear my hat backwards when broadcasting..the headset sits better
this makes sense............

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Where is Rocket and his big IGNORANCE stamp?!?! http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0810/ignorant-youth-callow-youth-police-brutality-demotivational-poster-1223241444.jpg

Will this work for now :D

Emerson1
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I only wear my hat backwards when I want to be black.
Black people wear it to the side and keep the stickers on.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Where is Rocket and his big IGNORANCE stamp?!?! http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/Professor_4/Demotivational%20Pics/ignorance-car-whore-wife-cheating-d.jpg

I like this one better :D

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Not sure of you marital status history but the other day in the mail I received junk mail addressed to "Mr. My wifes ex-husband's name". Her ex-husband has never lived at or close to the house, they took her married name and addressed it "Mr." That bothered me a bit.:mad:

A few years ago we found out that our house, that my husband built and his ex-wife NEVER even lived in, was in all 3 of our names!!!!!

oh dear - this could get interesting :eek: :D

I'm not even gonna respond to it!!:cool:

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
When I am wide open on the boat it is on backwards sometimes but most of the time it is not on at all. I've had it blow off when backwards too. ;)

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:41 PM
When I am wide open on the boat it is on backwards sometimes but most of the time it is not on at all. I've had it blow off when backwards too. ;)

I remember on the bobsled at Six Flags, the operator told the boys they needed to take their caps off or turn them backwards if they didn't wanna lose them.

I started laughing on the ride when I saw how many caps were down there!!!!

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
When I am wide open on the boat it is on backwards sometimes but most of the time it is not on at all. I've had it blow off when backwards too. ;) Thats probably because your boat is faster than mine, :D

Farmersfan
04-19-2011, 03:49 PM
If thinking your opinion is asinine and ignorant. So be it! ;)

Still don't understand why you guys always go there (my occupation/education). Silly

Perhaps your constant posting in a style that portrays your feelings of superiority! You think?

Whether asinine or ignorant it is a common sterotype in todays society. The backwards ballcap is viewed by the vast majority of Americans as gangsta or thug.

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Perhaps your constant posting in a style that portrays your feelings of superiority! You think?

Whether asinine or ignorant it is a common sterotype in todays society. The backwards ballcap is viewed by the vast majority of Americans as gangsta or thug. Or very Woody harelsonlike from "White Men Cant Jump" :D :D

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Whether asinine or ignorant it is a common sterotype in todays society. The backwards ballcap is viewed by the vast majority of Americans as gangsta or thug.

I don't personally know anybody that thinks that about a backwards cap.....just the sideways one.

I met a certain poster from Brownwood on several occasions this season, I believe he has 4 kids and every single time I saw him, his cap was on backwards.....never once did I think of him being a "gangsta or a thug."

DDBooger
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Perhaps your constant posting in a style that portrays your feelings of superiority! You think? Ah, I'm uppity. lol

Whether asinine or ignorant it is a common stereotype in todays society. Precisely

The backwards ballcap is viewed by the vast majority of Americans as gangsta or thug. Can you provide the evidence for that or just your anecdotal view? I think the tilt of the cap to the side, followed by jewelry, and sagging pants would be the more common stereotype, at least from my experience with people, not only the cap reversed.

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 04:06 PM
WOW!!!!!

So Spanky and our gang was REALLY a "gangsta gang!!"

Check out those backward/sideways caps!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spanky510x400.jpg

DDBooger
04-19-2011, 04:18 PM
WOW!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spanky510x400.jpg Damn, Coolio must be old!

truebluestang
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I think there is a good ole country boy way of wearing a cap backwards which I've done and the goofy way that the gangsta wannnabe's wear them. Regardless, school is not the place for caps in my opinion due to the fact that some will wear them in rediculous ways. I'm old fashioned and think shirt tails should be tucked in, pants pulled up with a belt, clean shaven faces, etc. It is all a matter of discipline which is something that most lack today. Ever asked a kid how many times he's been disciplined with a belt- almost unheard of today. The ones that have usually are your good kids.

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 05:31 PM
WOW!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spanky510x400.jpg That's funny. Looks like the POTUS and First er um lady made it. :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 05:50 PM
If there is a dress code to be enforced, follow the rules plain and simple. If there isn't one then it should be a non issue.

AP Panther Fan
04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't personally know anybody that thinks that about a backwards cap.....just the sideways one.

I agree RM. The sideways does look "thuggish" and the upside-down visor just looks plain silly.

To me a backwards baseball cap looks athletic.

Facing forward - yes I follow the rules and I might be a nerd...
Backwards - I'm athletic and comfortable with my appearance
Sideways - I'll probably be in jail next week so enjoy the view

Sweetwater Red
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I agree RM. The sideways does look "thuggish" and the upside-down visor just looks plain silly.

To me a backwards baseball cap looks athletic.

Facing forward - yes I follow the rules and I might be a nerd...
Backwards - I'm athletic and comfortable with my appearance
Sideways - I'll probably be in jail next week so enjoy the view

:clap:

1st and goal
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Motocrossers wear the kind that go over the ears...strange...

Try being in the military in formation with yo' hat on gotcheyed...

Remember when Roger Clements bought (I think) an old NY Yankmee hat previously owned by some old Yankmee like Babe Ruth or whoever. The league told him if he wore it in a game, he'd get fined. He wore it. He got fined...

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Taking off your hat in a building is stupid unless you are in a church. Pulling over for funerals was only respectful when funerals were still horse and buggy because cars would scare the bejesus out of horses. Wearing ear rings in rt or left ear is so 60'70's people dont bother with that BS anymore. Who cares how a kid wears a hat. Cuero can wear theirs old school and rip those that dont but heck...They still haven't won a state title since 1987 so whats the difference???

Be_Advised
04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/fail-owned-hat-fail.jpg

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Taking off your hat in a building is stupid unless you are in a church. Pulling over for funerals was only respectful when funerals were still horse and buggy because cars would scare the bejesus out of horses. Wearing ear rings in rt or left ear is so 60'70's people dont bother with that BS anymore. Who cares how a kid wears a hat. Cuero can wear theirs old school and rip those that dont but heck...They still haven't won a state title since 1987 so whats the difference??? So your the one who doesnt pull over for a funeral precession. :D
Seriously though, it is respect for the dead and their family and friends and anybody who doesnt pull over is just being direspectful, Just my opinion!

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/fail-owned-hat-fail.jpg Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
So your the one who doesnt pull over for a funeral precession. :D
Seriously though, it is respect for the dead and their family and friends and anybody who doesnt pull over is just being direspectful, Just my opinion!

whats the protocol for a funeral procession going down the highway?

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
whats the protocol for a funeral procession going down the highway? Same as anywhere else

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 07:25 PM

Guess it depends if you are in it or not.:thinking:

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
What does it hurt to pull over for a few seconds to a minute. if your in that big of a hurry, then you should leave earlier.:thinking:

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM

If your in it, turn your lights on and follow the big white or black car.

If your approaching it, pull to the right and stop...remove you cap...hat... ect. no matter which way you have it on.

If its yours...enjoy the ride.

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
What does it hurt to pull over for a few seconds to a minute. if your in that big of a hurry, then you should leave earlier.:thinking:

if I'm on the job it matters

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
If your in it, turn your lights on and follow the big white or black car.

If your approaching it, pull to the right and stop...remove you cap...hat... ect. no matter which way you have it on.

If its yours...enjoy the ride. Zactly! I always say a little prayer at that time too. I know their pain.

DavidWooderson
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't mind them being worn backwards, but flat billed and crooked to the side like Purke at TCU and the rest of them wear it....they look like morons.

I've been known to wear my hat backwards from time to time if the sun is shining on my neck. My thing is if you're gonna wear your hat backward, at least have a fitted hat.

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I try not to stop for funerals. If I can I just flick my lights on and follow the leader until they pull off and I jet right on past them. If it makes ya feel better I go ahead and say a prayer when im interrupted by a procession. I usually pray that the line isnt very long. Now, if it is too late to cross I will stop for trains.

FB-fanatic
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Is mine the only town that is worried about the next generation of dad coaches in the community. We have a group of 3 or 4 up-and-comers, dads, mid to late 20's, coaching select coaches pitch with a crap load of tats, caps either flat brimmed or cocked to the side, pretty sure they may have a skateboard or two at home, kids cussing now and then.....

I'm worried. There are still some of the "old school" type young dads running around, but just wondering if this group is unique, or the "me" generation we have to look forward to.

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I try not to stop for funerals. If I can I just flick my lights on and follow the leader until they pull off and I jet right on past them. If it makes ya feel better I go ahead and say a prayer when im interrupted by a procession. I usually pray that the line isnt very long. Now, if it is too late to cross I will stop for trains.

Thats the way it is today. :( Just remember, if you race the train and tie.....you still lose. ;)

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Is mine the only town that is worried about the next generation of dad coaches in the community. We have a group of 3 or 4 up-and-comers, dads, mid to late 20's, coaching select coaches pitch with a crap load of tats, caps either flat brimmed or cocked to the side, pretty sure they may have a skateboard or two at home, kids cussing now and then.....

I'm worried. There are still some of the "old school" type young dads running around, but just wondering if this group is unique, or the "me" generation we have to look forward to.

Unfortunately, that's pretty common. But, here's the upside. This will probably hurt a few feelings, but I'd be willing to bet that none of these that you're seeing have college degrees. Therefore, you won't have to worry about them coaching on Friday nights.

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I just brought up the funeral on the interstate question because the other day I was driving back from Monahans to Midland to get to a meeting and there was a procession that started somewhere abouts Odessa...of course at the time I honestly had no idea it was a funeral procession until I passed the hearse. It was then that I realized what I had done, but I remember thinking the whole time man this right lane of traffic sure is moving slow:doh:

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I just brought up the funeral on the interstate question because the other day I was driving back from Monahans to Midland to get to a meeting and there was a procession that started somewhere abouts Odessa...of course at the time I honestly had no idea it was a funeral procession until I passed the hearse. It was then that I realized what I had done, but I remember thinking the whole time man this right lane of traffic sure is moving slow:doh:

I think its different on the interstate or a major highway. I've passed several firetrucks and even an ambulance before going the same way. Some of the firetrucks have trouble getting over 55, and sometimes those pesky ambulances are only going 75 or 80! But I was wearing my hat in the correct West Texas manner.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Taking off your hat in a building is stupid unless you are in a church. Pulling over for funerals was only respectful when funerals were still horse and buggy because cars would scare the bejesus out of horses. Wearing ear rings in rt or left ear is so 60'70's people dont bother with that BS anymore. Who cares how a kid wears a hat. Cuero can wear theirs old school and rip those that dont but heck...They still haven't won a state title since 1987 so whats the difference???

You are seriously talking trash about Cuero's record.. Be a man and say where you're from and I bet you'll get laughed out of here. I am ROFL right now. I'd match Cuero's overall record in ALL SPORTS to the school you "support" now.......... :hand:

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 09:37 PM
And when did Brownwood become West Tx? Abilene starts West Tx and Brownswood is not even as west as abilene sooooo...You arent West Tx. Heck you are onlt 122 miles west of Waco which is the heart of Central TX.

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Uh...I live in Southlake and we dont get to play South TX teams with East TX talent. We play the real deals Cuero boy.

FB-fanatic
04-19-2011, 09:40 PM
I've said it before, to me, the divide is I-35, with anything west of it "west Texas". Most people from my hometown of Comanche consider Comanche "west Texas".

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
So, does that make Irving and Arlington, West Texas?

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Uh...I live in Southlake and we dont get to play South TX teams with East TX talent. We play the real deals Cuero boy.

you and I both know that's not true but I'll leave it at that. You may well live in Southlake but you know I meant where you "work" I won't embarress you and will not go any further.

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I was coming from Lubbock and passing through Sweetwater when I passed the ambulance. :p

Get a map...Brownwood...not Brownswood is about 26 miles from the geographical center of Texas. :rolleyes:

bolshavik
That aint the divide...Abilene starts West TX. So the west side of Waco is west TX? lol...thats crazy. When you get far enough west that most stuff is dead and there is 0 water...that is west TX. You just really must wanna belong somewhere. Hell, I didnt know I was a West TX kid. I was born about 3 miles west of I35

TheDOCTORdre
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
I've said it before, to me, the divide is I-35, with anything west of it "west Texas". Most people from my hometown of Comanche consider Comanche "west Texas".

dagum the true test of where west Texas begins is where the kids begin to get slower

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
dagum the true test of where west Texas begins is where the kids begin to get slower

and wear their caps right!:wave:

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Brownswood was meant as a joke..Im well aware of who what and where Brownwood is. Enough to know it AINT WEST TX

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Brownswood was meant as a joke.

worst joke ever

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Still aint West TX

bobcat1
04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Uh...I live in Southlake and we dont get to play South TX teams with East TX talent. We play the real deals Cuero boy. You played Celina, Keenedale and Dallas Madison last year. How'd that work out for ya? Just sayin.....

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Technically, Abilene is closer to Texarkana than to El Paso. So, that would put Abilene in East Texas, right?
THAT explains the speed that Abilene High and Cooper have. They're in EAST TEXAS!!

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Technically, Abilene is closer to Texarkana than to El Paso. So, that would put Abilene in East Texas, right?
THAT explains the speed that Abilene High and Cooper have. They're in EAST TEXAS!!

........and here we go.......:clap:

Old LB
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM

It's just because they wear their hats in the proper manner.

GrTigers6
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
The way I look at it, you take the town of West, Texas. Everything on the west is west Texas and everything east is east Texas
:D
Seriously though someone from Abilene saying that brownwood isn't west Texas and Abilene is, is like someone from gilmer isnt east Texas but canton is.
That's just retarded.

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Got our lungs kicked in..I wasn't a fan at all..lol.. Im out of Coaching boys. Going to the oil field so now I just root for Southlake and Celina

Old LB
04-19-2011, 10:08 PM
And when did Brownwood become West Tx? Abilene starts West Tx and Brownswood is not even as west as abilene sooooo...You arent West Tx. Heck you are onlt 122 miles west of Waco which is the heart of Central TX.

The geographic center of Texas is located on hwy. 377 between Brownwood and Brady, just sayin. :D

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 10:08 PM
so now I just root for Southlake and Celina

Fairly safe bets, there.

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Brownwood is not West TX. I know that. 122 miles west of Waco AINT West TX

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Got our lungs kicked in..I wasn't a fan at all..lol.. Im out of Coaching boys. Going to the oil field so now I just root for Southlake and Celina

smart choice......... if you're in the oilfield - you ought to head down here - there are more oilfield companies moving into DeWitt and Gonzales county than you can shake a stick at. But please wear your cap right :D

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Used to live down there Was on the Gulf Coast for a spell. Played Cuero and got beat. Still thought that the whole Gobbler thing was gay and prolly has allot to do with how come it has been since 87 since yall won it all. Shoulda been the Cuero Cougars or Cadets or something. I think the whole Gobblers thing pissed off the football gods and they haven't gotten over it yet.

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Used to live down there Was on the Gulf Coast for a spell. Played Cuero and got beat. Still thought that the whole Gobbler thing was gay and prolly has allot to do with how come it has been since 87 since yall won it all. Shoulda been the Cuero Cougars or Cadets or something. I think the whole Gobblers thing pissed off the football gods and they haven't gotten over it yet.
no wonder you didn't make it in the coaching field........ with an attitude like that.. You got beat, get over it..

bolshavik
04-19-2011, 10:31 PM
I made it for 15 years just ready for a change of scenery. Plus screw all this education cut back stuff

BwdLion73
04-19-2011, 10:34 PM

It's funny but that is what I thought over 40 years ago. Who in their right mind would want to be the "Turkeys".

Of course I was in my early teens and still had not picked out my favorite color.... We were lucky enough and prepared enough to win that game, but we know what a "Mad Gobbler" is now! ;)

What is your teams mascot?

Ranger Mom
04-19-2011, 10:36 PM
smart choice......... if you're in the oilfield - you ought to head down here - there are more oilfield companies moving into DeWitt and Gonzales county than you can shake a stick at. But please wear your cap right :D

My husband said he read in the paper today where Cuero was building a 300 home addition......y'all must be booming down there. I know we are doing lots of work in Gonzales county right now!!