PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie

Old LB
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Heard this morning that Abilene Wylie does not have lights at their baseball fields but they have an elevator to the pressbox at the football stadium.

So Garcia can't make fun of Brownwood's jumbotron anymore! :D

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
Heard this morning that Abilene Wylie does not have lights at their baseball fields but they have an elevator to the pressbox at the football stadium.

They used the money for the limo for the refs.

ccmom
04-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Did you also hear that McCoy and Shipley were college roommates? :doh: This is not exactly breaking news...:rolleyes:

;)

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
They used the money for the limo for the refs.

LOL

I'm assuming there is nothing in the Americans with Disabilities Act
requiring baseball field lights but they DO address elevators/lifts :)

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LOL

I'm assuming there is nothing in the Americans with Disabilities Act
requiring baseball field lights but they DO address elevators/lifts :)

I think the elevator is for nobogey when he has had too much to drink and can't make it up the stairs

44INAROW
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
I think the elevator is for nobogey when he has had too much to drink and can't make it up the stairs

you're probably right ;)

nobogey72
04-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Seeing as how I do most of my heavy drinking DURING the game, it's those trips DOWN the stairs that got a little tricky. The ADA required the elevator, but the ADDA (Abilenians with Drinking Disorders Association) pitched in also. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

garciap77
04-19-2011, 12:16 PM

................................ http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/lion-1.gif

Old LB
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Did you also hear that McCoy and Shipley were college roommates? :doh: This is not exactly breaking news...:rolleyes:

;)

I was really shocked to hear that, really nice facilities there, figured you guys had lighted BB fields.

BaseballUmp
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Even SNOOK has lights haha

hollywood
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Who cares!! In about 6 hours they'll be in third place behind the Snidder Tiggers! :D

Pendragon13
04-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I was really shocked to hear that, really nice facilities there, figured you guys had lighted BB fields. I heard that lights have been offered, but the coach doesn't like playing at night and doesn't want them.

ccmom
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Who cares!! In about 6 hours they'll be in third place behind the Snidder Tiggers! :D

:doh:

That reminds me...who knocked Brownwood out of the playoffs last year? Oh yeah...it was the third place team from their district! I remember now! :D

Old LB
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM

That reminds me...who knocked Brownwood out of the playoffs last year? Oh yeah...it was the third place team from their district! I remember now! :D

Rumor has it that if the softball team loses to Brownwood tonight they are out. Could it be?

hollywood
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM

Again, who cares! That was last year. :rolleyes:

Tasting your own medicine is never good. ;) :p

hollywood
04-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Rumor has it that if the softball team loses to Brownwood tonight they are out. Could it be? :thumbsup:

ccmom
04-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Who cares!! In about 6 hours they'll be in third place behind the Snidder Tiggers! :D I guess your crystal ball was cracked! :confused:
Nice win for the Bulldogs! :clap:

BwdLion73
04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
speaking of cracked....did anything survive at wylie? Baseball and softball size hail!
I was at an office on loop 322 in abilene and hail had penatrated the roof of a metal building and cracked some tile on the floor.

:eek:

eagles_victory
04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
speaking of cracked....did anything survive at wylie? Baseball and softball size hail!
I was at an office on loop 322 in abilene and hail had penatrated the roof of a metal building and cracked some tile on the floor.

:eek: CCmom did survie

slingshot
04-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73

:eek: Bad hail storm... at least we got 2-4" of rain.

Old LB
04-27-2011, 07:52 AM
The auto glass shop on Treadaway was packed yesterday.

PPHSfan
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Some of you youngns may not believe this. But it wasn't but a few years back, that Wriggley Field got lights. :D

Old LB
04-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Some of you youngns may not believe this. But it wasn't but a few years back, that Wriggley Field got lights. :D

Wylie school district has more money than the state of IL. though.

PPHSfan
04-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Wylie school district has more money than the state of IL. though.

Well, there is that.

jason
04-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Wylie school district has more money than the state of IL. though. and an abilene wylie football game probably has higher attendance than a cubs game...

garciap77
04-27-2011, 08:30 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BrownwoodStadiumcopy-1.jpg

:D

:p

;)