PDA

View Full Version : Masek/Kimbrel dealing again

XMan
04-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Kimbrel propels SHSU to a win over Lamar on Fri and Masek shuts out Texas for 6 and a third as Tech downs the Horns 2-1 Sat. in Austin. Great job by these former 3a pitchers.

Yoe_09
04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats to Kimbrel, the former Yoemen :clap:. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best pitcher Cameron has had.

XMan
04-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Who is he behind, Magre, Tate, Sapp?????

Rabid Cougar
04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by XMan

John Barron

BaseballUmp
04-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
John Barron

I see him all the time in San Marcos...he was here yesterday scouting

Yoe_09
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM

I would say Magre for sure.

Rabid Cougar
04-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I would say Magre for sure.

Amil was good too. He'd better be. Taught him everything he knows.

XMan
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
when did John Barron pitch for the Yeo? I got to see Tate, Magre, and Pat Swift (he was pretty good too). Didnt get to see Lefty Sapp, but know of his legend.

Yoe_09
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Amil was good too. He'd better be. Taught him everything he knows.

Quite possible.

Rabid Cougar
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
when did John Barron pitch for the Yeo? I got to see Tate, Magre, and Pat Swift (he was pretty good too). Didnt get to see Lefty Sapp, but know of his legend.

Its the Yoemen.

Barron pitched in the early 70's at Cameron. He then played at Temple Jr. College and then I think he went to the Expos. He had a bum throwing shoulder and didn't last very long.

Before him in the late 60's was Wayne Kirk. He went to Texas on a football scholarship and was on the 1970 National Championship Team.

I played with and against Sapp from Little League into High School in the early 80's. He was good but I think Terry Lowe and Jr. Vrazel were right there with him. They were much more intimidating that Sapp. Mariano DeLaRosa and Kimbrell's dad weren't bad either. Peter Amil Magre, as he called himself, was the kid brother of the neighborhood.

If you want to know who the best baseball players Cameron ever had just ask George Hollas or Forrest Sapp.

Yoe_09
04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Its the Yoemen.

Barron pitched in the early 70's at Cameron. He then played at Temple Jr. College and then I think he went to the Expos. He had a bum throwing shoulder and didn't last very long.

Before him in the late 60's was Wayne Kirk. He went to Texas on a football scholarship and was on the 1970 National Championship Team.

I played with and against Sapp from Little League into High School in the early 80's. He was good but I think Terry Lowe and Jr. Vrazel were right there with him. They were much more intimidating that Sapp. Mariano DeLaRosa and Kimbrell's dad weren't bad either. Peter Amil Magre, as he called himself, was the kid brother of the neighborhood.

If you want to know who the best baseball players Cameron ever had just ask George Hollas or Forrest Sapp.

Forest or Ricky lol.

BaseballUmp
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Or Coach Jimmy Morgan lol

cameronyoe
04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Yoe09 did you even play sports in high school because you sure do seem to think you know a lot about sports with some of the things you post on these forums. Half of the things you post are incorrect.

Yoe_09
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by cameronyoe
Yoe09 did you even play sports in high school because you sure do seem to think you know a lot about sports with some of the things you post on these forums. Half of the things you post are incorrect.

I played soccer for years(yes I know....soccer) but we did not have that as a team sport at the time.

Tell me what I am posting in this forum or others that would be considered "incorrect" that is factual?

cameronyoe
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
First of all our baseball team is #8 in the state. Here just look for yourself.
http://thsbca.com/thsbca/

And one good example is when you apparently had proof that Rhoades had accepted the job at Bastrop and was gone. But then come to find out he had actually turned the job down.

Just one example. There have been plenty

Yoe_09
04-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by cameronyoe
First of all our baseball team is #8 in the state. Here just look for yourself.
http://thsbca.com/thsbca/

And one good example is when you apparently had proof that Rhoades had accepted the job at Bastrop and was gone. But then come to find out he had actually turned the job down.

Just one example. There have been plenty

Yes we are ranked 8th in state.....by THSBCA.....but http://texas2abaseball.com/

A Rockdale poster said on this board that Rhoades had taken the job....not me.