View Full Version : Jaxon Shipley

Milk That Cow
04-16-2011, 06:42 PM
What happened to track season?

bwdlionfan
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What happened to track season?

I had heard that at Christmas break he already had enough credits to graduate, but he wanted to stay at Bwood to run track.... until he found out he would still have to take a full load of classes, so from what I heard he chose to graduate early. I'm not sure if he's already enrolled at UT or not.

He for sure would have been the difference in Brownwood finishing second instead of first overall at district. Brownwood and Big Spring were tied going in to the last relay. Wylie finished 3rd, Snyder 4th, Sweetwater 5th.

Old Dog
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Read in the Austin rag that Jaxon and Jordan were working out together this spring and Jaxon was getting pointers from big bro. Jordan also had some surgery he is rehabing.

Old Tiger
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Read in the Austin rag that Jaxon and Jordan were working out together this spring and Jaxon was getting pointers from big bro. Jordan also had some surgery he is rehabing. This....

Rule #76
04-17-2011, 12:18 AM
He graduated early to live in Austin with his brother. They are working out together and just spending time together before Jordan gets married. Didn't enroll at texas but has spent a lot time at practices learning.

DavidWooderson
04-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Was he too late to enroll at UT? I mean spending time with you brother and stuff is great, I love every minute I get to spend with them. BUT wouldn't the best option be to practice with your college team you've already signed with AND work out with the all 3 QBs that will be throwing to you?

coach
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I heard he was still laying down on the turf in Dallas....

slingshot
04-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by coach
I heard he was still laying down on the turf in Dallas.... Really? Was that necessary?

bwdlionfan
04-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Really? Was that necessary?

Coach will say he's just joking, but he has no class

coach
04-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Coach will say he's just joking, but he has no class

thats not true..i have class mon-friday 8-3

they only reason i still poke fun at you guys is bc of all the nonsense bwood fans talked during the season....

Gobbler Fan
04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
:evillol:

Bosqueville
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM

they only reason i still poke fun at you guys is bc of all the nonsense bwood fans talked during the season....

And we will be chirping again in a matter of months!!! :D Coach does not bother me...

bwdlionfan
04-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Yep, insulting a kid is the way to get at us. Way to go! You should feel accomplished!

Truth is, it doesn't bother me, or probably any other Bwood fans... just makes you look like a fool for insulting a kid over and over again.

DavidWooderson
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
If it doesn't bother you why'd you comment?

bwdlionfan
04-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
If it doesn't bother you why'd you comment?

Doesn't bother me on a personal level because I don't know Jaxon, but something is highly wrong with an individual who continually shows a lack of class for a high school athlete by attempting to degrade him over the course of several months. Especially by someone who calls himself "coach." If he were a real "coach" he would show a little more class than that.

I guess the way it does bother me would be because if someone kept degrading one of the kids I coached this past year or even last year I would be pissed. But unless either of you are true coaches I guess you wouldn't understand.

Emerson1
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep, insulting a kid is the way to get at us. Way to go! You should feel accomplished!

Truth is, it doesn't bother me, or probably any other Bwood fans... just makes you look like a fool for insulting a kid over and over again.
He is a HS graduate, he can probably handle a random guy on a message board talking about him.

He doesn't have any right to trash him just like Bwood fans didn't have any right to come on here bumping their chest as much as they did for something KIDS(that most of them probably weren't even responsible for producing) did on the field.

Old Tiger
04-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Doesn't bother me on a personal level because I don't know Jaxon, but something is highly wrong with an individual who continually shows a lack of class for a high school athlete by attempting to degrade him over the course of several months. Especially by someone who calls himself "coach." If he were a real "coach" he would show a little more class than that.

I guess the way it does bother me would be because if someone kept degrading one of the kids I coached this past year or even last year I would be pissed. But unless either of you are true coaches I guess you wouldn't understand. He isn't a HS athlete anymore.

BaseballUmp
04-17-2011, 11:45 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

BullBoy
04-18-2011, 07:50 AM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/tumblr_lf9anfsIkv1qaz3q8.gif

BullBoy
04-18-2011, 07:51 AM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/cry-moar1.jpg

RoyceTTU
04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Was he too late to enroll at UT? I mean spending time with you brother and stuff is great, I love every minute I get to spend with them. BUT wouldn't the best option be to practice with your college team you've already signed with AND work out with the all 3 QBs that will be throwing to you?

He probably wasn't too late. The question is, did Texas have any room under the 2010 scholorships. Early enrolee goes against the current year. I don't know the details but there would be a chance he would have to pay out of pocket for the first semester.

jason
04-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
He probably wasn't too late. The question is, did Texas have any room under the 2010 scholorships. Early enrolee goes against the current year. I don't know the details but there would be a chance he would have to pay out of pocket for the first semester. if that were the case, i doubt paying for a semester out of pocket was an issue...

maybe he just didn't want to enroll in college yet...who cares.....

Old Tiger
04-18-2011, 08:37 AM
He didn't enroll because he wanted to workout with Jordan its plain and simple.

Ernest T Bass
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
He probably wasn't too late. The question is, did Texas have any room under the 2010 scholorships. Early enrolee goes against the current year. I don't know the details but there would be a chance he would have to pay out of pocket for the first semester.

Early enrolment would be on his own dime, anyway. Can't offer him a scholarship until Feburary.

BEAST
04-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
He didn't enroll because he wanted to workout with Jordan its plain and simple.

This is the truth. Who better to get a young college reciever ready than his older NFL brother. It is paying off as well.

BEAST

Old LB
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
The Shipley character seems to be a subject of interest on the downlow. Coach Shipley was on the Brownwood radio station this morning talking about how Jordan had been in Rotan last week helping fight wildfires there.

How many pro footballers you know would do something like that? This family, living in Brownwood or not, has plenty of character. Might be a good reason for their success in life.

BEAST
04-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
The Shipley character seems to be a subject of interest on the downlow. Coach Shipley was on the Brownwood radio station this morning talking about how Jordan had been in Rotan last week helping fight wildfires there.

How many pro footballers you know would do something like that? This family, living in Brownwood or not, has plenty of character. Might be a good reason for their success in life.

Exactly!!:clap: :clap:

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Who better to get a young college reciever ready than his older NFL brother.

Maybe a D1 WR coach, like the one who coached his older brother? :thinking:

RoyceTTU
04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Maybe a D1 WR coach, like the one who coached his older brother? :thinking:

Is that coach even still around. It's tough to tell who stayed and who went:doh:

Old Tiger
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Is that coach even still around. It's tough to tell who stayed and who went:doh: Nope....he is gone....Darrell Wyatt is his replacement.

LionKing
04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Darrell Wyatt is one of the better wr coaches in college football, he'll have Jaxon very shortly, and he won't be disappointed with the tutoring Jaxon received fron big brother.

cr180t
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Early enrolment would be on his own dime, anyway. Can't offer him a scholarship until Feburary.

Once they enroll it is all paid for.

I thought the same thing.

I see what you are saying though after signing day. What if they were verbally committed?

Emerson1
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
His brother is a millionaire. If he wanted to be enrolled he would be enrolled. He has been living a non stop life with sports and extra classes to graduate early, probably just wanted a few months to do nothing except football and be a kid while he can.