PDA

View Full Version : Giddings 13, Rockdale 4 Baseball

1st and goal
04-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Can anyone report other district scores? After we lost to Smithville, I'm sure it put a twist on district standings.

Yoe_09
04-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Navasota: 10
Smithville: 0

La Grange: 9
Caldwell: 5

bwdlionfan
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
How do the district standings look?

hookandladder
04-16-2011, 05:52 PM
LG and Giddings 6-2. Both clinch playoff spots with the Smithville loss to Navasota. 3rd spot will be a fight for the finsih between Caldwell & Smithville. Caldwell 4-4, Smithville 4-4, Rockdale 2-6, Navasota 1-7. Should be an interesting end to District 23AAA next week.

bwdlionfan
04-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
LG and Giddings 6-2. Both clinch playoff spots with the Smithville loss to Navasota. 3rd spot will be a fight for the finsih between Caldwell & Smithville. Caldwell 4-4, Smithville 4-4, Rockdale 2-6, Navasota 1-7. Should be an interesting end to District 23AAA next week.

Who wins the tiebreaker with Caldwell and Smithville or do they still have to play again?

Is Rockdale good in any sport?

hookandladder
04-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Caldwell @ Smithville last game of District, as well as LG @ Giddings.

Hornet Mom 2
04-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Here's what D23 looks like thru Friday the 15th.

Giddings 6 2 with Navasota and LaGrange left
LaGrange 6 2 with Smithville and Giddings left
Caldwell 4 4 with Rockdale and Smithville left
Smithville 4 4 with LaGrange and Caldwell left
Rockdale 2 6 with Caldwell and Navasota left
Navasota 2 6 with Giddings and Rockdale left

buff4ever
04-18-2011, 09:32 AM
My guess is that Giddings will win out and Smithville will beat Caldwell with their ace.

Giddings
La Grange
Smithville

??????

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
My guess is La Grange will win out and Caldwell will beat Smithville, Caldwell has one of the better hitting teams in our District.

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
My guess is that Giddings will win out and Smithville will beat Caldwell with their ace.

Giddings
La Grange
Smithville

??????

Who is Smithville's ace , the Hancock kid threw against Navasota last Friday in their 10 zip lost. The righty has not thrown much this year in District, are you thinking about the other Lefty Smithville has.

Yoe_09
04-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I am going to take Giddings, La Grange, and Caldwell as the 3 at this point.

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I am going to take Giddings, La Grange, and Caldwell as the 3 at this point.

I see your point but we gave Giddings the game in La Grange, also we have made some changes at a few key positions that were much needed. If we can take care of Smithville tomorrow night , we will be looking for some revenge come Thursday. We are a much better team in the second round of District, our scores prove that.

Hornet Mom 2
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Giddings
La Grange
Smithville

??????

Devil's advocate here...

Caldwell wins last two games, they are in. :D Of course that is what we are working towards.

Both other scenarios come down to the Caldwell/Smithville game being the deciding factor.

Caldwell and Smithville both win OR both lose Tuesday, the winner of Thursday's game goes. Easy enough.

BUT...

LaGrange beats Smithville tomorrow, and Caldwell beats Rockdale.
Then the Caldwell/Smithville game - Caldwell wins, they are in. But if Smithville wins, both teams would be 5-5, with a 1-1 record against each other. How is it decided who goes? Run differential? Play-off game to get to the play-offs?

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Devil's advocate here...

Caldwell wins last two games, they are in. :D Of course that is what we are working towards.

Both other scenarios come down to the Caldwell/Smithville game being the deciding factor.

Caldwell and Smithville both win OR both lose Tuesday, the winner of Thursday's game goes. Easy enough.

BUT...

LaGrange beats Smithville tomorrow, and Caldwell beats Rockdale.
Then the Caldwell/Smithville game - Caldwell wins, they are in. But if Smithville wins, both teams would be 5-5, with a 1-1 record against each other. How is it decided who goes? Run differential? Play-off game to get to the play-offs?

Not for sure but I would say 1 game playoff, since head to head are even. I am betting Caldwell wins out but you never know.

Yoe_09
04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I see your point but we gave Giddings the game in La Grange, also we have made some changes at a few key positions that were much needed. If we can take care of Smithville tomorrow night , we will be looking for some revenge come Thursday. We are a much better team in the second round of District, our scores prove that.

Of course. When posting those 3 I did not mean to put in any particular order. I know 1/2 are going to be Giddings/LaGrange but that game will decide it.