PDA

View Full Version : Gidding's new man

SHSBulldog00
04-15-2011, 01:48 AM
So what are the Buffaloes thought's on the new HC Chris Jones from Post? Personally I am surprised.

raider red 2000
04-15-2011, 06:13 AM
I wonder if this is the same guy from la marque and refugio.

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Yes.

raider red 2000
04-15-2011, 06:56 AM
I figured it was, but Chris Jones just sounds like a common name.

If I remember correctly he did good in Refugio, but not so good in La Marque. La Marque was a different animal I guess.

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 06:57 AM
9-3 in his one year at La Marque.

raider red 2000
04-15-2011, 07:08 AM
That's pretty good....not trying to get anything started.....didn't he get run out of LM?

What was the deal there?

Johnnypaycheck
04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
LM runs everyone off. Jones made a good move getting out of LM.

ol country boy
04-15-2011, 08:23 AM
LM got mad at Jones for looking into the Andrews job. They posted in the Galveston Paper that he wanted out of LM. This made the admin mad. They told him he had to pull out of the job, he told them he wouldn't and HE decided to leave to go to Post when he didn't get the Andrews job.

Jones is a class act.

cr180t
04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Jones is a class act.

:clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree.

LeeCoMom
04-15-2011, 10:10 AM
He showed up for part of our girls' softball practice yesterday. Tops in my book just for that ;)

Matthew328
04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I have nothing but positive things to say in regards to my dealings with Coach Jones...

SintonFan_inAustin
04-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I have nothing but positive things to say in regards to my dealings with Coach Jones... think he was the OC for Sinton that year Sinton played Everman in state title game or one of the coaches.

pirate4state
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
think he was the OC for Sinton that year Sinton played Everman in state title game or one of the coaches. He was the OC

Johnny Utah
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
He was the OC in Sinton before he got the Refugio job. Great coach and person that cares about all kids and sports. Giddings is lucky to have him.

Milk That Cow
04-15-2011, 02:13 PM
But, can he win Ball Games?

1st and goal
04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey P4S, now you can finally root for Giddings (like you do for Sealy) since we have one of your old coaches too...;)

I hope this man can do the job and win games. We have many fine athletes. Hope everyone gives him the elbow room to do his thing.

Paper says he graduated from Sealy and attended Tech on a track scholarship. He was OC at Sinton back when they went to State and the following year (I believe) regional quarterfinals.

I wonder if he'll get us a preseason game with Sealy???

Daddy D 11
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
What kind of offense does he run?

1st and goal
04-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
What kind of offense does he run?

Says he can do run or spread but he wants to wait and see what his talent pool is.

Johnny Utah
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Milk, get ready! It's going to be a fun ride!!

Milk That Cow
04-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm not all that confident right now...

When most of what you hear is how much of a Boy Scout the new coach is...

And how he is going to Softball Practices...

That's All Well And Good...

But, Goodness Gracious

He Needs To Bring Some Football Championships To 78942

Daddy D 11
04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

But, Goodness Gracious

ignorance

Ernest T Bass
04-17-2011, 01:34 AM

But, Goodness Gracious

:doh: :dispntd:

Matthew328
04-17-2011, 10:49 AM

But, Goodness Gracious

Dude has been successful wherever he's been, I think he'll do fine at Giddings.

Johnny Utah
04-17-2011, 12:29 PM
I think the Giddings people are excited due to the fact that the new AD supports all sports. He and his staff will do a great job w the football program as well. Milk, get your season tickets, the games are about to begin!!!

swineflu
04-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Johnny....sounds like you have some insight to him or the situation. Is he looking to hire coaches? What scheme?

1st and goal
04-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm glad for one that he's at softball practice. I would like to see him involved if we are playing for district tiddly winks competition. I'm also glad he has a strong track background. We have some awesome track athletes too. Long and short distance. We have some great coaches too. I think the right guy can have this years football team very competitive. We lost a handful of seniors that will be missed, but we have replacements with experience at most every position.

Ernest T Bass
04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
He's bringing the majority of the guys from Post with him.

ol country boy
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
He is bringing in some guys and maybe a few that have coached with him before. He will do a good job. Scheme wise what he will run, I'm not going to say. He does a good job.

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I'm glad for one that he's at softball practice. I would like to see him involved if we are playing for district tiddly winks competition. I'm also glad he has a strong track background. We have some awesome track athletes too. Long and short distance. We have some great coaches too. I think the right guy can have this years football team very competitive. We lost a handful of seniors that will be missed, but we have replacements with experience at most every position.

Next year there will still be some good talent , after next year talent level goes down compared to years past.

pirate4state
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey P4S, now you can finally root for Giddings (like you do for Sealy) since we have one of your old coaches too...;)

I hope this man can do the job and win games. We have many fine athletes. Hope everyone gives him the elbow room to do his thing.

Paper says he graduated from Sealy and attended Tech on a track scholarship. He was OC at Sinton back when they went to State and the following year (I believe) regional quarterfinals.

I wonder if he'll get us a preseason game with Sealy???

I personally don't know Coach Jones. Mitchell & I are friends. :p

But I do wish him & Giddings well.

Old Tiger
04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Says he can do run or spread but he wants to wait and see what his talent pool is. He should do a combination because the talent is there....come out in one look and shift to another.

diehard
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
All i have heard is coach Jones is a great guy with lots of class, but one of his first changes he has made was to reassign our Varsity girls basketball coach. That tells me that he is just a YES MAN since everyone in Giddings knows that Mikey has been running his mouth all over town that he will get the coach ran off. Coach E is a good Christian man that has only gone 29-1 in Distriict in the last three years(including a trip to the sate tournament) with three district championships. All I have to say is he better bring it on Friday nights and maybe he should be looking for a place to RENT here in Giddings.

buff4ever
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by diehard
All i have heard is coach Jones is a great guy with lots of class, but one of his first changes he has made was to reassign our Varsity girls basketball coach. That tells me that he is just a YES MAN since everyone in Giddings knows that Mikey has been running his mouth all over town that he will get the coach ran off. Coach E is a good Christian man that has only gone 29-1 in Distriict in the last three years(including a trip to the sate tournament) with three district championships. All I have to say is he better bring it on Friday nights and maybe he should be looking for a place to RENT here in Giddings.

I understand you may have a hard time with that decision, but you can't hold that against Coach Jones. New coaches are sometimes asked to do something not easy, and maybe not popular by administration upon their hire.

Coach Ivey was forced to do the same thing with arthur behrends. I don't think that we are going to judge Ivey by following through with that order shall we call it.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have beef with this decision there are people to have it with and Jones probably isn't the one.

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I understand you may have a hard time with that decision, but you can't hold that against Coach Jones. New coaches are sometimes asked to do something not easy, and maybe not popular by administration upon their hire.

Coach Ivey was forced to do the same thing with arthur behrends. I don't think that we are going to judge Ivey by following through with that order shall we call it.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have beef with this decision there are people to have it with and Jones probably isn't the one.

What happened to coach behrends and where did it happen.

buff4ever
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
What happened to coach behrends and where did it happen.

When Ivey came to town he was told to rid of behrends, it was basically parent politics, this must have been 1999 or 2000.

pirate4state
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM

LOL

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 03:37 PM
When Ivey came to town he was told to rid of behrends, it was basically parent politics, this must have been 1999 or 2000.

Old school coach that plays to win, ignorant parents cannot handle him. Glad to have him in LG, will be successful here in LG.

GiddingsFan
04-18-2011, 05:45 PM

+1

He (jones) knew it was coming.. he has connections with people here..current coaches... and school board peeps. YES MAN indeed.

swineflu
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
+1

He (jones) knew it was coming.. he has connections with people here..current coaches... and school board peeps. YES MAN indeed.

REALLY??? Do tell....

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
+1

I do not really know the girls BB coach that was just let go but his records speaks for itself, I do know Coach Behrend's. If Coach Behrends was run off by the new AD at that time and now the AD has run off the BB coach who has been successful this may say something about the school board or whoever is hiring the AD's, sounds like they do like the yes man approach. I do not have a problem with a new AD bring in his football coaches however if he is told that he must let go of a coach that is successful in another sport that he does not even know , then that seems like a yes man. That is sad, because whoever comes in as an AD should want the best for the kids. Not for the jealous parents that really do not know squat, I guess politics still work in some schools.

Ernest T Bass
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Good gawd, the man hasn't even unpacked yet. Leave him alone!
He doesn't know anyone in Giddings. If his boss tells him to get rid of someone, he can get rid of them, or refuse to and have the supt fire him along with the guy he was told to fire.
The man's already doing things that Fitz was demonized for not doing; supporting other sports.

1st and goal
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
He doesn't know anyone in Giddings. If his boss tells him to get rid of someone, he can get rid of them, or refuse to and have the supt fire him along with the guy he was told to fire.
The man's already doing things that Fitz was demonized for not doing; supporting other sports.

The problem Mr. Bass et al, is that Coach E. is really a great person, Christian, and just happened to take his team to new heights for the last 3 years. I can't think of anything else you could ask of any coach to perform. I'm not in the position to know about any "beefs" between Coach E. and "Mikey", but if I find out who this Mikey is, I'll give him a mouthful myself. Maybe there are reasons, but if they are personal, THAT IS JUST WRONG! Yesman or not.
I believe I know who he is. And I can find out.

GiddingsFan
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM

LOL He went to a softball game. He just told that softball coach her coaching duties were going be reassigned.

Ernest T Bass
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Hell, y'all spent years bitching about Fitz and wishing he was gone. Well, you got it and you pretty much got the antiFitz as his replacement, as far as personalities go. So, at least give the guy a football season.

diehard
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I do not really know the girls BB coach that was just let go but his records speaks for itself, I do know Coach Behrend's. If Coach Behrends was run off by the new AD at that time and now the AD has run off the BB coach who has been successful this may say something about the school board or whoever is hiring the AD's, sounds like they do like the yes man approach. I do not have a problem with a new AD bring in his football coaches however if he is told that he must let go of a coach that is successful in another sport that he does not even know , then that seems like a yes man. That is sad, because whoever comes in as an AD should want the best for the kids. Not for the jealous parents that really do not know squat, I guess politics still work in some schools.
My thought exactly, it is the board that is the problem!!! I have not met the new coach as of yet, just going off decisions that he as made so far. Our school board is the problem, they have personal agendas and a couple of the members have a GOD complex. The main member that wanted to let the coach go, told everyone in town that "he would get the coach ran off" not to mention i was informed he told the final 3 canidates for the AD job that if hired, the first order of business was to get rid of Coach E. This board member has a kid playing that is about 4 ft tall and should not be on a Varsity team much less get any playing time.

hookandladder
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
LOL He went to a softball game. He just told that softball coach her coaching duties were going be reassigned.

Damn, shaking the girls program up. Who is next, the volleyball coach.

Rule #76
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
My thought exactly, it is the board that is the problem!!! I have not met the new coach as of yet, just going off decisions that he as made so far. Our school board is the problem, they have personal agendas and a couple of the members have a GOD complex. The main member that wanted to let the coach go, told everyone in town that "he would get the coach ran off" not to mention i was informed he told the final 3 canidates for the AD job that if hired, the first order of business was to get rid of Coach E. This board member has a kid playing that is about 4 ft tall and should not be on a Varsity team much less get any playing time.

Its people like you that make high school sports "A WHOLE LOT OF FUN!!!"

Its real easy for outsiders to bitch about decisions that are made. Maybe it was the right decision or maybe it was the wrong. But unless you are willing to be the one making the decisions then don't bitch. Yall sound like a bunch of little league parents who know EVERYTHING.

Don't attack kids, whether or not you like their parents.

SportsDoc
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76

Its real easy for outsiders to bitch about decisions that are made. Maybe it was the right decision or maybe it was the wrong. But unless you are willing to be the one making the decisions then don't bitch. Yall sound like a bunch of little league parents who know EVERYTHING.

Don't attack kids, whether or not you like their parents.

+1...
And GiddingsFan, aren't you needing to report to Longview already?? About that time. :D

XMan
04-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Any idea of why the gbb and gsb coaches were reassigned if they were highly successful???? Were they they offensive/defensive coordinators?

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Giddings folks, understand this; Coach Jones can't reassign ANYONE at this point, without at least permission from the supt. The supt told him during the interview process how many people he could bring in, and who he could get rid of, if anyone, to make room for those guys. So, at the very least, he has permission. It might have been a outright order to get rid of these guys, but he at least had permission.
If he didn't, he'd just find creative ways of running them off if he wanted them gone.

hookandladder
04-19-2011, 06:20 AM
If the school board has that much say in hiring the new AD, then that could be where the problem starts. I know for a fact the school board in LG had no imput in the hiring of our new AD, a committee was setup with no school board memeber's on it and they narrowed the list to 3 and the Super. made the final decision and recommended him to the board. The committee may even have narrowed it down to their 1,2,3 and then the Super. made his recommendation to the board, this way no school board member has any say or personal agenda. I guess it works at some schools but if your school board memeber's have a personal agenda's , it might be a problem. We are happy with our committee's choice, Also helps that we have a great Super.. In it for the Kids.

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 06:21 AM
If the school board has that much say in hiring the new AD, then that could be where the problem starts. I know for a fact the school board in LG had no imput in the hiring of our new AD, a committee was setup with no school board memeber's on it and they narrowed the list to 3 and the Super. made the final decision and recommended him to the board. The committee may even have narrowed it down to their 1,2,3 and then the Super. made his recommendation to the board, this way no school board member has any say or personal agenda. I guess it works at some schools but if your school board memeber's have a personal agenda's , it might be a problem. We are happy with our committee's choice.

The board ALWAYS has final say. Just b/c the supt recomends him, doesn't mean the board has to accept. It's happened before. The board ALWAYS has final say in EVERYTHING that happens in a school district.

GiddingsFan
04-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by SportsDoc
+1...
And GiddingsFan, aren't you needing to report to Longview already?? About that time. :D

Aren't you cute.

hookandladder
04-19-2011, 08:04 AM
The board ALWAYS has final say. Just b/c the supt recomends him, doesn't mean the board has to accept. It's happened before. The board ALWAYS has final say in EVERYTHING that happens in a school district.

If the school board rejects the recommendation from the Super. , what does that tell you the school board thinks about it's Super.. As stated before in LG , the school board has trust in their Super. that is why they hired him. So when he brings a new AD to the school board meeting , it is pretty much a done deal. As stated before if your school board has that much control over hiring and firing coaches, then you will have these problems.Bottom Line, sorry you have to deal with those issue's in other towns. Not in LG. Also, as a coach you would think most coaches would prefer the school board to stay out of the hiring and firing of coaches and leave that up to the AD and the Super. Just my 2 cents.

Buffgal
04-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Giddings folks, understand this; Coach Jones can't reassign ANYONE at this point, without at least permission from the supt. The supt told him during the interview process how many people he could bring in, and who he could get rid of, if anyone, to make room for those guys. So, at the very least, he has permission. It might have been a outright order to get rid of these guys, but he at least had permission.
If he didn't, he'd just find creative ways of running them off if he wanted them gone.

This is true.

If the candidate asked and almost every one of them did, this was discussed during all eight of the interviews. Not specifics, but "Can I bring in coaches?" This is a normal process of getting a new AD.

FYI...there were 5 names on my "short list" of applicants. It was hard to choose three but it wasn't hard to put Chris Jones at the top. I am excited and so are the kids from the text messages I have received.

What's the old Giddings saying??? oh yeah... "Let him coach"

pirate4state
04-19-2011, 09:16 AM

You stay classy.

Good grief. :bigcry: :weeping: :rolleyes:

1st and goal
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Info for outsiders. Our girls basketball team basically had not accomplished much over the last 10-20 years(excepting a couple of years). Enter Coach E. Great man, respected, played the team members most likely to help get a win. One board member's daughter didn't get enough playing time and a personal vendetta arose. Well, the team has won district the last 3 years including a loss for the state championship game.

At what point in sports, should the coach switch from a "play them all" (aka T ball, little league), to a play your best players to get wins and results? I say it is when the coach is getting paid and has a job to do. This reflects on the coach's resume. I know this alienates coaches/parent relationships but what about the players? What about the best players that play their hearts out only to lose because a lesser player has to be subbed in to keep politics in check? In basketball a poor player sticks out like a sore thumb, in baseball you can suffer through them out in right field.

I already know who I'll be voting for next board vote.

PS, I'm not a parent, or a coach or have any relations to anyone playing. Just a fan of the kids and watching their successes.

hookandladder
04-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Info for outsiders. Our girls basketball team basically had not accomplished much over the last 10-20 years(excepting a couple of years). Enter Coach E. Great man, respected, played the team members most likely to help get a win. One board member's daughter didn't get enough playing time and a personal vendetta arose. Well, the team has won district the last 3 years including a loss for the state championship game.

At what point in sports, should the coach switch from a "play them all" (aka T ball, little league), to a play your best players to get wins and results? I say it is when the coach is getting paid and has a job to do. This reflects on the coach's resume. I know this alienates coaches/parent relationships but what about the players? What about the best players that play their hearts out only to lose because a lesser player has to be subbed in to keep politics in check? In basketball a poor player sticks out like a sore thumb, in baseball you can suffer through them out in right field.

PS, I'm not a parent, or a coach or have any relations to anyone playing. Just a fan of the kids and watching their successes.

As stated earlier , it is sad when school board members control coaching decisions. Let the coaches coach and if you do not like it, move away with your personal problems.

diehard
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM

Amen brother!!!!!

Ernest T Bass
04-19-2011, 09:46 PM
As stated earlier , it is sad when school board members control coaching decisions. Let the coaches coach and if you do not like it, move away with your personal problems.

Welcome to the vast majority of 3a and smaller schools in Texas.
My first job at a 2a school, the entire staff was fired for benching the returning starting QB(board member's kid, had gained 40 lbs since the end of his Jr season) and not starting the supt's kid in his place.
Instead, we started a sophomore who would start every game his jr and sr seasons as well. But, the last day of school before we got out for Christmas, we were all told adios.

hookandladder
04-19-2011, 10:16 PM
My first job at a 2a school, the entire staff was fired for benching the returning starting QB(board member's kid, had gained 40 lbs since the end of his Jr season) and not starting the supt's kid in his place.
Instead, we started a sophomore who would start every game his jr and sr seasons as well. But, the last day of school before we got out for Christmas, we were all told adios.

Glad we do not have that politic crap in La Grange and school board member's let the AD and Super. do their job, school board's can definitely ruin a school.

1st and goal
04-20-2011, 01:35 AM

I'm sorry for what happened to you but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I'm hearing the girls softball coach got it too? Does anyone know more about it? This is total crap. I can understand bringing maybe 4 coaches with you for FB but we have/had a good work in progress here. No need to have an F5 tornado rip up everything by it's roots and start with bare shattered ground. I'm hearing it will take 3 elections to gain control back over the school board.

LH Panther Mom
04-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Okay folks. If you don't have FACTS about why coaches were reassigned, then leave it off of here!

My finger is getting itchy!

Ernest T Bass
04-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Anyone else get the feeling that Giddings folks just like to bitch, no matter the circumstances? :thinking:

GiddingsFan
04-20-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm sorry for what happened to you but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I'm hearing the girls softball coach got it too? Does anyone know more about it? This is total crap. I can understand bringing maybe 4 coaches with you for FB but we have/had a good work in progress here. No need to have an F5 tornado rip up everything by it's roots and start with bare shattered ground. I'm hearing it will take 3 elections to gain control back over the school board.

((head girls track and head boys track too, but who is counting))

hookandladder
04-20-2011, 07:37 AM

Wow, this amazing. Giddings athletics will be starting at ground zero, did not know the coaching was this bad. Must have been a lot of bad blood , cannot remember the last time I have seen this many coaches let go or reassigned.

SportsDoc
04-20-2011, 08:52 AM

I am not going to say this again. Can you hurry to Longview?

For those of you who know nothing, most of the coaches in Giddings are staying put. Since I am in no place to release the details I have heard, I won't. But let's just say that the last round of Coaches Fitz hired was the best he could probably get to work for him, and don't meet the standard for Giddings.

The Majewski's are both staying, Marlow is staying, Bricker is staying, Marshal is staying, Strickland is staying, another has become a principal, Durrenberger is staying amonst several others I am going to quit butchering spellings.

Most people in Giddings are not near the complainers as the 3 or 4 on here, and it would be even less when all make it successfully to Longview.

Buffgal
04-20-2011, 09:29 AM

For those of you who know nothing, most of the coaches in Giddings are staying put. Since I am in no place to release the details I have heard, I won't. But let's just say that the last round of Coaches Fitz hired was the best he could probably get to work for him, and don't meet the standard for Giddings.

The Majewski's are both staying, Marlow is staying, Bricker is staying, Marshal is staying, Strickland is staying, another has become a principal, Durrenberger is staying amonst several others I am going to quit butchering spellings.

Most people in Giddings are not near the complainers as the 3 or 4 on here, and it would be even less when all make it successfully to Longview.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

diehard
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76

Don't attack kids, whether or not you like their parents. NO, Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong and what is going on here is just plain Wrong!!!! Do you have kids involved in this? I do!! So shut the hell up!!

buff4ever
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
NO, Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong and what is going on here is just plain Wrong!!!! Do you have kids involved in this? I do!! So shut the hell up!!

The guys last point to you was that you shouldn't talk about someone's kid, and as you say yourself, "wrong is wrong."

I would think that most would agree that you talking about someone's kid in the way that you did was wrong, what you are claiming to be wrong may be more of an uneducated opinion. Just saying, I am somewhat uneducated to the details as well?

diehard
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
The guys last point to you was that you shouldn't talk about someone's kid, and as you say yourself, "wrong is wrong."

I would think that most would agree that you talking about someone's kid in the way that you did was wrong, what you are claiming to be wrong may be more of an uneducated opinion. Just saying, I am somewhat uneducated to the details as well?
Your right, Kids should be left out of this, they cant help the fact their parents are idoits. But i am not sure what you mean by uneducated opinion? All i know is what I was told by the Coach involved that he was reassigned. So educated me!

diehard
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM

What are the Giddings standards? 29-1 in district last three years, 3 disctict titles, trip to state tournament. Sounds pretty good to me!!

hookandladder
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Marlow is staying as a teacher only, no coaching. Everyone must remember with the school budget's right now that may have something to do with the reasigning's and also who is going with Fitz. If he does not take some coaches with him, then those are some coaches that have more years of service that cannot be let go before some that have less years at Giddings. The new coach may have his hands tied , so he has to do some reaasigning that does not sit well with some people.Just thinking out loud, either way looks like some will like it while others will not.

buff4ever
04-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Marlow is staying as a teacher only, no coaching. Everyone must remember with the school budget's right now that may have something to do with the reasigning's and also who is going with Fitz. If he does not take some coaches with him, then those are some coaches that have more years of service that cannot be let go before some that have less years at Giddings. The new coach may have his hands tied , so he has to do some reaasigning that does not sit well with some people.Just thinking out loud, either way looks like some will like it while others will not.

Marlow is still going to coach football and I have heard golf.

buff4ever
04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
What are the Giddings standards? 29-1 in district last three years, 3 disctict titles, trip to state tournament. Sounds pretty good to me!!

Sportsdoc said the last round of hires that Fitz made, I don't think that Coach E was in that round so therefore that is a different subject. Hence probably the uneducated comment, you can't even read into the messages for what the messages are saying.:D

hookandladder
04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Marlow is still going to coach football and I have heard golf.

That is interesting , I would have thought football would be the last thing he would want to coach. The time you have to spend in football is normally what wears on you in your later year, will have to find out if this is true. I am surprise to say the least, not I did hear about possible Golf now that would be funny.