PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood folks...

Ernest T Bass
04-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Tell me about Early, Texas...besides that they have a Whataburger.

Gsquared
04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Tell me about Early, Texas...besides that they have a Whataburger.
I can handle this. All you need to know is, they got a mall, a whataburger , they are the Longhorns, and Tindol doesnt coach there any more.

Ernest T Bass
04-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I can handle this. All you need to know is, they got a mall, a whataburger , they are the Longhorns, and Tindol doesnt coach there any more.

Naaah, I need MUCH more than that.

Gsquared
04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
What else?

Ernest T Bass
04-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Community? Kids? Proximity to civilizaton? Why they all of a sudden suck again?

Matthew328
04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Depends on your version of civilization...its about an hour and 15 minutes from Abilene I think....Brownwood's not an awful town to live in though...

BwdLion73
04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Heard they may have lost a coach to Brownwood the other day. You looking? ;)

nobogey72
04-14-2011, 10:49 AM
They are good at recruiting starting Big 12 DBs from Brownwood.:D

Ernest T Bass
04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Heard they may have lost a coach to Brownwood the other day. You looking? ;)

They're cutting 4,000 teaching jobs from this district. Looking is an understatement.

BwdLion73
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
They're cutting 4,000 teaching jobs from this district. Looking is an understatement.

I think its a nice community. Sits right next to Brownwood only seperated by the Pecan Bayou and the Whataburger! Small town feel which allows you to get anywhere you need to in 10 or 15 minutes. Brownwood is big enough to handle most of your needs with a Super Wal-Mart, Home Depot and a couple of major chain Grocery stores. Its about 75 miles from Abilene, 150 from Austin and 130 or so from Ft. Worth. Your about 10 miles from Lake Brownwood which is a 7300 acre source of fun.

Early had a good run a few years ago but have been on hard times the last few seasons. I heard they have lost some key players who transferred to Brownwood under our recruitment plan. :thinking: :)

bwdlionfan
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

The mall is quickly losing its stores to Commerce Square in Bwood.

Bealls, Hibbet, Maurices, and another chain store have all left the mall for Commerce Square in the last year or so. Radio Shack also left to go in near Wal Mart.

I think about all the mall has left is JC Penney, the movie theater, GNC, and a few others.... I bet several of them are in Commerce Square soon too.

garciap77
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM

They wear Purple!:D Could be a stepping stone to BW!:D

All kidding aside, it's a nice community.

Ernest T Bass
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Nothing so far to suggest that it would be a better option than selling insurance or something.

Gsquared
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Nothing so far to suggest that it would be a better option than selling insurance or something.
You can be my insurance agent!

theville
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Early sucks again because they got rid of Tindol and the rest of his staff.

He went to the Semi finals 3 of 5 years? Brownwood kids were starting to go to Early instead of the other way around.

Now, so much not the case.

Old LB
04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I went to school there, my wife went to school there, her family taught there, her grandfather was an administrator there.

Early is an excellent place to raise a family, most of their schools and facilities are new in the last 10 years. Indoor practice facilities, new football stadium/track, nice baseball fields, ect. New elementary and Jr. high.

Athletics when I was there just did not have the ump to make it over the playoff hump. The athletes there are not much different than the ones in Brownwood, the culture has always been different though. A lot of Early kids that feel they have a chance with athletics wind up in Brownwood eventually for more exposure.

Bosqueville
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Early has great facilities for a 2-A program. Their girls programs seem to be on the upswing. Early has always been known for their academics more than their athleticism!

And.... Early has the Chick-fi-la!!!

Trashman
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville

Not for long!:devil:

hollywood
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Best place to be in Brown County is Brownwood... I lived in Early for a short time... got out as fast as possible. Sell insurance. ;)

Besides, they're purple and gold!!!:ack!:

garciap77
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Early has great facilities for a 2-A program. Their girls programs seem to be on the upswing. Early has always been known for their academics more than their athleticism!

And the Whataburger!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Best place to be in Brown County is Brownwood... I lived in Early for a short time... got out as fast as possible. Sell insurance. ;)

Besides, they're purple and gold!!!:ack!:

I heard (at the Whataburger in Early) they ran you off! :D

:p

;)

RoyceTTU
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Early's tax revenue is down significantly due to the mall losing so many stores. No doubt this is bad bit there is a silver ligning. The new bruner auto dealership is being moved to a new location in early within the next 18 months. This will be tremendous longterm for the town. Brownwood really wiffed on this deal not to keep those tax dollars in town.

Early has great facilities. Far better than most 2a schools. All have been remodeled or built new within the last 10 years. With brownwood so close, early really does have a pretty good gig.

As far as the kids coming and going, the kids will stay if they see a stable future. Losing tindel was a huge blow and hiring an unproven coach was worse. Can't hardly blame the kids for wanting to leave.

bobcat1
04-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Go for it ETB. I bet you can make them righteous!

TheDOCTORdre
04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
is Humphrey Pete's in Early or Brownwood

Old LB
04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
is Humphrey Pete's in Early or Brownwood

Early

Trashman
04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Early's tax revenue is down significantly due to the mall losing so many stores. No doubt this is bad bit there is a silver ligning. The new bruner auto dealership is being moved to a new location in early within the next 18 months. This will be tremendous longterm for the town. Brownwood really wiffed on this deal not to keep those tax dollars in town.

The selling of a motor vehicle is not a retail sale by law, so the city gets no sales tax from car sales. The city will be better off if Bruner leaves town and it is replaced by a retail store of some kind. That is why the city did not fight to keep them.

:nerd:

Old LB
04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.speedtrap.org/

Watch out for Johnny Law

Bosqueville
04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Not for long!:devil:

Where's it moving too?

LionKing
04-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Where's it moving too? Heard a while back they were gonna join other retailers in their exodus of the mall, but haven't heard anything lately though.

Trashman
04-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Where's it moving too?

I don't really know that it is....it was a joke. All the other stores are leaving, they might as well.....:D

GrTigers6
04-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Early has great schools, great athletic facilities, great people, small town atmosphere. I dont see how you could go wrong if the money is right!

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Money isn't right(looking at a 10K paycut, at the very least); and a small town is no place for a single guy. Add to that the very real possibility of a 2-8 season, and it doesn't look very appealing.
Thanks for the info, y'all. Don't think I'm going to give it any real attention.

Matthew328
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
The single life in Brown County rocks...

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The single life in Brown County rocks...

Only if you're a b-teamer looking for Brown County strange.

Matthew328
04-15-2011, 11:27 AM
There's bound to be a skank or two for the taking

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Ohh, how I miss the days of Da Nayshun!

hollywood
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Only if you're a b-teamer looking for Brown County strange.

LOL... you'd be better off moving to Sville or one of the surrounding suburbs if that's included in your motive. Depending on your age, there's probably a lot of 8-10 year female Tarleton students hanging around.

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
LOL... you'd be better off moving to Sville or one of the surrounding suburbs if that's included in your motive. Depending on your age, there's probably a lot of 8-10 year female Tarleton students hanging around.

That's kinda an inside joke, but football does only last 3-4 months. Gotta have something to do with the rest of the year.

garciap77
04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
That's kinda an inside joke, but football does only last 3-4 months. Gotta have something to do with the rest of the year.

You can hang around with hollywood!:D

;)

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 12:02 PM
No thanks, Im kinda partial to the ladies.

MUSTANG69
04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
The selling of a motor vehicle is not a retail sale by law, so the city gets no sales tax from car sales. The city will be better off if Bruner leaves town and it is replaced by a retail store of some kind. That is why the city did not fight to keep them.

:nerd:

The service and parts sales are retail sales. The city will get sales tax revenue from that.

GrTigers6
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
No thanks, Im kinda partial to the ladies. Kinda Partial? :D

Matthew328
04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Ohh, how I miss the days of Da Nayshun!

Maybe next year Wrekkas won't be a little snatch and post krunk nation updates

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Maybe next year Wrekkas won't be a little snatch and post krunk nation updates

Doubtful. EC has embraced his sniatchness.

Matthew328
04-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Thats what happens when you become an assistant AD

Ernest T Bass
04-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Indeed. Hell, the GDC became Johnny Admin and disappeared all together.

Rocket
04-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Early? Yeah man, go for it. lol Coach the peewees during the season, and go watch Brownwood during the playoffs. Perfection.

RoyceTTU
04-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes he sale of the car isn't city tax, but parts as well as property are local.

Also, seems there is a DC job opening over there. Not sure what position you were looking at but the DC is going over to Brownwood to coach secondary.