PDA

View Full Version : Houston, we have a problem...

turbostud
04-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Johnson Space Center is not getting a Shuttle.:(
I got to see quite a few Shuttle launches when I lived in Cape Canaveral. One of the coolest things to see, especially at night. Last launch is Atlantis this summer.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/12/nyc-getting-space-shuttle-enterprise/?test=latestnews)

buff4ever
04-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Johnson Space Center is not getting a Shuttle.:(
I got to see quite a few Shuttle launches when I lived in Cape Canaveral. One of the coolest things to see, especially at night. Last launch is Atlantis this summer.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/12/nyc-getting-space-shuttle-enterprise/?test=latestnews)

Sure thought this thread was going to be about the astros terrible start/season

sinton66
04-13-2011, 05:34 AM
NASA must be out of their minds or there's some strange politics going on. It's unimaginable why Houston will NOT get one of the retired shuttles. What exactly has Seattle and Los Angeles done for the space program? Makes no sense at all.

OldNavy
04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
NASA must be out of their minds or there's some strange politics going on. It's unimaginable why Houston will NOT get one of the retired shuttles. What exactly has Seattle and Los Angeles done for the space program? Makes no sense at all.

Voted Deomcrat!

Maroon87
04-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Look at the states that are getting the shuttles and/or new flight simulators: California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, New York. Then go look at the electoral map.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
04-13-2011, 09:49 AM

:ditto:

Not only does it not make sense, it is infuriating and ridiculous.:evil:

sahen
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
not only is johnson space center not getting a shuttle they are taking some of their exhibits and moving them elsewhere as well...

sinton66
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by sahen
not only is johnson space center not getting a shuttle they are taking some of their exhibits and moving them elsewhere as well...

That is patently ridiculous.

trojandad
04-13-2011, 10:59 PM
That is patently ridiculous.

coincidence that each state that got a shuttle also went to obama in '08?!?!

PPHSfan
04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Why would Houston want one? Where the heck would they put it? :D

Bull Butter
04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Why would Houston want one? Where the heck would they put it? :D

There's a huge lot of nothing but grass and weeds off 610 across from Reliant that used to be one of the nation's premier amusement parks :(

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/astroworld-vacant.jpg

JasperDog94
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
It's a good thing Houston doesn't really have anything connecting it to the space program. You know, like major sports team's names or something like that...:doh:

trojandad
04-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It's a good thing Houston doesn't really have anything connecting it to the space program. You know, like major sports team's names or something like that...:doh: :thumbsup:

Farmersfan
04-14-2011, 08:13 AM
This country is 14 Trillion in debt and we are bitching about not getting a space shuttle? I think NASA should be completely dissolved until we get a balanced budget and show we can maintain a balanced budget. Space exploration might be in the top 5 of LEAST important issues facing us at this time. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

sinton66
04-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
This country is 14 Trillion in debt and we are bitching about not getting a space shuttle? I think NASA should be completely dissolved until we get a balanced budget and show we can maintain a balanced budget. Space exploration might be in the top 5 of LEAST important issues facing us at this time. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

It IS pretty much being dissolved. Massive layoffs and closures coming down the pike as we speak. Just tell me how Seattle or Los Angeles deserves a retired shuttle more than Houston. I can't see the justification.

Black_Magic
04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Look at the states that are getting the shuttles and/or new flight simulators: California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, New York. Then go look at the electoral map.:thinking: Thats right! that will learnya dernya!!

jason
04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
This country is 14 Trillion in debt and we are bitching about not getting a space shuttle? I think NASA should be completely dissolved until we get a balanced budget and show we can maintain a balanced budget. Space exploration might be in the top 5 of LEAST important issues facing us at this time. Just sayin' :rolleyes: agreed...

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2011, 11:21 AM

I understand what you are saying, but historically speaking, space exploration ranks up there among the most significant things to occur in our nation and others....

I am attaching an article (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/technology&id=8067440) that sums up the disappointment of many much better than I could ever say it.

SintonFan
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Thats right! that will learnya dernya!!

Are you serious or are you just posting another Bowel Movement?

trojandad
04-14-2011, 01:06 PM
just be sure to remind our local dem candidates how much of a suck-egg boss they have when it comes to election time....

K-MAC Chuck
04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Sure thought this thread was going to be about the astros terrible start/season

holy cow this is EXACTLY what I thought too! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
coincidence that each state that got a shuttle also went to obama in '08?!?!

I am still upset about this topic. I read all 130+ posts on the ABC Houston website.

This one cracked me up...

obama, send a shuttle to "URANUS". <br/>Love,Texas.

:D

sinton66
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
LOL, that's funny I don't care who you are!