PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when.....

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
what do you do when a parent is in the stands during a basketball game and when the coach decides to put his kid in with 19 secondsleft he (the dad) yells at the kid and tells him to sit down and not go into the game?

Didn't make sense to me at all. the sad part is...the dad that was yelling teaches at the school where his boy plays.

the poor boy was so embarrased by his dad. I wanted to say something to the dad but had no ideas what to say!

Keith7
12-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Tell the dad to stay out of the game and to sit down

District303aPastPlayer
12-02-2003, 01:21 AM
you dont say anything... and the coach either makes the kid go in, or he boots him from the team ... just my opinion...

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 01:22 AM
what was sad was the boy just looked at his dad like...what do i do...he went to sit back down and the coach had to MAKE the kid go in

mwisnews
12-02-2003, 01:28 AM
If I were the Dad I tell him to **** off and leave me alone. I wouldn't care if he got embarassed he made himself look like an idiot. Shame on the parent. Let the kid play, not many chances will happen like that again. I know we all had that little teen rebellion against our dad before.

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
12-02-2003, 01:28 AM
remember... COACH = runs the team

Wildcat81
12-02-2003, 06:09 AM
Keith7:
Tell the dad to stay out of the game and to sit downDitto.I couldn't agree with you more!The game is for the kids not the parents.

jason
12-02-2003, 08:26 AM
kaorder1999:
what do you do when a parent is in the stands during a basketball game and when the coach decides to put his kid in with 19 secondsleft he (the dad) yells at the kid and tells him to sit down and not go into the game?

Didn't make sense to me at all. the sad part is...the dad that was yelling teaches at the school where his boy plays.

the poor boy was so embarrased by his dad. I wanted to say something to the dad but had no ideas what to say!was this at a forney game??

BulldogGrl64
12-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Keith7:
Tell the dad to stay out of the game and to sit downThat father had no right and no place to tell his son not to go in. The coach runs the team, not some insane father in the stands who thinks that he should be calling the shots for his son. I feel for that poor boy who had to stand there between his father and his coach, no parent should do that to their child. Although the father might have had his reasons for yelling, he really should have kept his mouth shut and just watched his son play the game that is what he was there for in the first place.

PAINTBALL
12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm not worried about basketball. I'm still going to football games. Go Burnet

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 03:06 PM
what is even crazier is that the dad (who told the kid not to go in) teaches at the school...