PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton throws 3B coach under bus

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4862883/josh-hamilton-not-happy-awaits-mri-results

Emerson1
04-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Eh. He is there in a sling and probably still in pain. Just frustration.

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
This is how the Rangers won last year. Trying to scrap every run out of anything. Can't really blame the coach too much. I bet once JH calms down and takes a breath they will come to an agreement.

BaseballUmp
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Every player has questioned a coaches call at one point or another, it just so happened that there was a reporter there to listen to him rant. It was a good try and I'm sure a lot of other coaches would have told him to go as well

coach
04-12-2011, 05:47 PM
id be pissed to if i was out 6-8 weeks with a fracutre....

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by coach
id be pissed to if i was out 6-8 weeks with a fracutre....

yea cause it is the coaches fault he went head first?

I love what Hambone brings to the table, problem is he never seems to be at the table long.

coach
04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea cause it is the coaches fault he went head first?

I love what Hambone brings to the table, problem is he never seems to be at the table long.

long enough to win an mvp, and alcs mvp

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by coach
long enough to win an mvp, and alcs mvp

and he he missed a month as well..plus year before he only played in 89 games

STANG RED
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
If you play a sport at full speed, injuries will happen. Play it at half speed, even more injuries happen. Just the way it is.
This will become as big of a deal as the Rangers and Hamilton let it become. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, and it will just be chalked up to what it is.

poisoned10
04-13-2011, 07:48 AM
If I were the coach, I would have done the same thing.

A good runner with good speed and no one within 50 feet of home ...

Unfortunately, Detroit made a GREAT play to recover and get the ball to who needed it and Hambone landed funny.

I understand Hamilton's rant too. He is frustrated for being injured and not making it.

I wonder what would be said if he had been safe but still got hurt?

RoyceTTU
04-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10

I wonder what would be said if he had been safe but still got hurt?

This made me think a bit. Remember last year/or the year before him running in the wall catching a deep fly hurting himself. He was praised for sacrificing himself.

Farmersfan
04-13-2011, 08:02 AM
If Hamilton scores on the play everyone is touting how great of a play it was. Aggressive play is one thing that got them to the success they had last year. But Josh has the durability of a 90 year old woman. He gets injured chewing bubble gum. And if I was the 3rd base coach I would be pissed about his comments. A ex-drug addicted, brittle boned player who has only managed to play 4 injury plagued seasons out of a 11 year career because of personal decisions publically disses the decision of a career baseball man who has spent 25+ years in the game? Sorry for the rant! I'm just pissed that Josh is hurt AGAIN. On a good note, the Rangers have been pretty good with Josh out of the lineup.

RoyceTTU
04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
The decision to keep Young around is really going to pay off now. Most teams would be scrambling. The Rangers will just shuffle the lineup a bit.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
the very next innning, he dove at a ball hit in right centerfield gap and didnt come close to it. He is injury prone due to going all out on plays. Hopefully he recovers and comes back stronger.

Txbroadcaster
04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
the very next innning, he dove at a ball hit in right centerfield gap and didnt come close to it. He is injury prone due to going all out on plays. Hopefully he recovers and comes back stronger.

That was not Hamilton..he was at DH

SintonFan_inAustin
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
That was not Hamilton..he was at DH :doh: no wonder the cf didnt come close to it. who was it? Murphy?

Txbroadcaster
04-14-2011, 07:44 AM
So Hambone says he is sorry..of course he added this

I threw him under the bus by telling the truth about what happened."

trojandad
04-14-2011, 08:11 AM
So Hambone says he is sorry..of course he added this

I threw him under the bus by telling the truth about what happened."

.....little peeks into the "hambone" outside of the newer choirboy PR generated image....

Tired ole Bobcat
04-14-2011, 08:18 AM
I dont think Hamilton is clean in this because he could have made a feet first slide, a proper slide, if he had not had the can of snuff in his left hip pocket.

Txbroadcaster
04-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
.....little peeks into the "hambone" outside of the newer choirboy PR generated image....

I agree

Old Tiger
04-14-2011, 08:47 AM
and he he missed a month as well..plus year before he only played in 89 games Going back to the day on some of the good teams and great players they seem to miss an average of 20 games a season.

Txbroadcaster
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Going back to the day on some of the good teams and great players they seem to miss an average of 20 games a season.

Problem is..he is has averaged 117 games a year..that is missing 44 games every year

eagles_victory
04-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Problem is..he is has averaged 117 games a year..that is missing 44 games every year Agree with most of what you have said on this thread. Josh did something I hate and that is throwing someone else under the bus he should just take hold himself accountable and stop trying to blame his injury problems on other people. Dave Anderson didn't come out and say "Man if Hamilton doesn't go 2 for 20 in the World Series we might of won the thing".So I don't think its far for Josh to do something similiar to him. So much for the huge Christian (Hamilton) forgiving.

Bottom line Anderson did what he taught was best given the circumstances and Josh didn't have to go if he felt that strongly against it. No mistake by Anderson imo (anyone remember the Rays series last year game 5 I believe where the Rangers basically won the game because of Andersons aggressive base coaching and Lees pitching) you live by the sword you die by the sword sometimes. This just happens to be an unfortunante event. Feel bad for the guy never got any credit last year now is getting all the blame this year.