PDA

View Full Version : The 111th Engineer Battalion

BEAST
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
They rolled out of Brownwood today heading for a year long deployment in Afgahnistan. I have several close friends that had to leave their wives and children behind. Prayers for these and all soldiers. Tough day here.

BEAST

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
:clap: :cheerl: :clap: :cheerl:
Heroes, every one! Prayers from NCT for their safety.

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
They rolled out of Brownwood today heading for a year long deployment in Afgahnistan. I have several close friends that had to leave their wives and children behind. Prayers for these and all soldiers. Tough day here.

BEAST

+1

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Prayer for the battallion and for your friends Beast...and prayers for those staying at home that have to continue keeping things normal for the kids, I think they get lost sometimes in all the talk about the troops...they have to try to make it thru each day not knowing if a loved one has been hurt or killed

BwdLion73
04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
I heard there was a big crowd seeing them off this morning.

Radio reports said people had lined the roads from Camp Bowie through Brownwood and Early with flags and signs wishing them well and a safe return.

I also heard that Stephenville was planning the same thing as they came through.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Prayer for the battallion and for your friends Beast...and prayers for those staying at home that have to continue keeping things normal for the kids, I think they get lost sometimes in all the talk about the troops...they have to try to make it thru each day not knowing if a loved one has been hurt or killed

There is a large picture inside the Copperas Cove ISD admin building that says "Military Families Serve Too". Always thought that was kinda cool.

1st and goal
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
This is my favorite team from Brownwood!

Thanks for posting Beast. I pray for our troops frequently. I need to pray more for their families. Will do.

Old LB
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
We cooked some briskets Sunday and had a meal with a handful of these guys and their families. Some of the ladies made beans and tater salad, sure was good!

One of these units is from Brownwood and the other is from Stephenville. These guys were in Iraq a couple years ago, they are headed to find and remove IED's in Afgahnistan.

May God bless these men and women as well as their families.

garciap77
04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Prayers for their safety.

Trashman
04-13-2011, 06:19 AM
God Speed 111th..........

RoyceTTU
04-13-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4924:brownwood-sends-off-111th-engineer-battalion-photos&catid=35:news&Itemid=58