PDA

View Full Version : Too Fat for the Front Row

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/american-idol-fan-told-you-re-too-fat-for-front-row

American Idol Fan Told: You're Too Fat for Front Row
Opinion by Michael Flood McNulty
(13 Hours Ago) in Entertainment / TV
When Ashley Kauffman scored free tickets to American Idol, she was beyond excited. Not only that, the tickets landed her in the front row. She got to the theater with friends and took her seat.
Not for long. And the reason for her removal, if true, is rather disturbing.
The 19-year-old girl from Riverside, Calif., who describes herself as a big fan of the reality TV show, was soon told she was "too big" to remain in the front row and in view of the camera.
'There were two ladies and one said: "Oh, I don't want shorts in front," about my friend,' Kauffman told MailOnline. 'Then she looked at me and said: "Oh no, you're too big, too heavy to be in front!" 'I was taken aback by it. I was hurt. My friends were completely taken back. 'I'm the heavier one in our group but I'm not even that heavy,' she said.
Kauffman, who is 5-foot-2 and 150 pounds, says that she had gone shopping for a new outfit before the show -- but ended up wearing black pants and a shirt she already owned.
'I didn't think I looked too bad.'
According to the story in the Daily Mail, Kauffman and a friend were given different seats at the back of the theater. From there, the nightmare continued: "They had made their way to the second row but had been stopped by another member of Idol staff, this time male. Kauffman said he grabbed her ticket and said: 'This makes sense why you're not with the skinny girls. You're in the last row.'
'It hurt to hear that from the first girl but it hurt even more coming from a guy,' Kauffman said.
Kauffman wants an apology from American Idol and is "speaking up to make sure nobody else has to feel the way she did."
American Idol spokespeople did not return the Daily Mail's calls.

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/imagecache/350width/2011-04-07_12-39-43_351.jpg

jason
04-12-2011, 08:30 AM
http://pinellasitblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/crying-baby-7262641.jpg

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 08:34 AM
The key point in this article: "FREE TICKETS"! You get something for free you have to expect to play by there rules.

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The key point in this article: "FREE TICKETS"! You get something for free you have to expect to play by there rules.

Excuse me. THEIR rules!

lostaussie
04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
The key point in this article: "FREE TICKETS"! You get something for free you have to expect to play by there rules. Then they should have let her know the rules..............I smell a lawsuit.

pancho villa
04-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Poor fat chicks

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Poor fat chicks

Indeed. Ruebenesque women also require affection.

Emerson1
04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Excuse me. THEIR rules!
You know there is an edit button.

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I think that is horrible personally. It would be one thing to say that to me but to a young girl who is a fan of the show, uh uh wrong move. I hope she gets millions.

rangerjim60
04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
J-Lo has a fair sized booty and she gets to sit in the front row.! Bet if you put her and the 5'2" girl together they would have similar sized rear end regions. Difference is one is famous and bootylicious and the other not so much.

BEAST
04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Are these the girls Mike Leach was talking about?

:D

BEAST

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Are these the girls Mike Leach was talking about?

BEAST :D

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I know this was a terrible occurance for the young lady involved but talk about the ultimate in slippery slope arguement. Does American Idol (a private company) have the right to control the image they project on worldwide TV? Morally I say no. but legally I can't say they did anything wrong. If society determines they did then I suggest Sports Illustrated, Miss America Pagents, Hawaian Tropic and 1000s of other companies are equally quilty of deciding that a overwieght person doesn't represent the image they want to project. Just some thoughts.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
America...the beautiful has become, America...with a great personality.

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I know this was a terrible occurance for the young lady involved but talk about the ultimate in slippery slope arguement. Does American Idol (a private company) have the right to control the image they project on worldwide TV? Morally I say no. but legally I can't say they did anything wrong. If society determines they did then I suggest Sports Illustrated, Miss America Pagents, Hawaian Tropic and 1000s of other companies are equally quilty of deciding that a overwieght person doesn't represent the image they want to project. Just some thoughts.

Just for argument sake, didn't HOOTERS get in some sort of trouble for descriminating agianst gender. It might be a completely different argument if payroll is involved.

SI and HT pay their models which would fit the boot. I honestly don't have a clue on Miss America.

Either way it is pretty tacky and what an HR nightmare from what was told to her by the ushers. Their is always a better way to handle a situation.

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Just for argument sake, didn't HOOTERS get in some sort of trouble for descriminating agianst gender. It might be a completely different argument if payroll is involved.

SI and HT pay their models which would fit the boot. I honestly don't have a clue on Miss America.

Either way it is pretty tacky and what an HR nightmare from what was told to her by the ushers. Their is always a better way to handle a situation.
I am pretty sure the guy lost his lawsuit. Boy was I glad. I just couldn't imagine seeing a guy in those little orange shorts!:eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
this is no different than trying to get into a trendy club and the bouncer having a certain set of standards where he decides who is pretty enough

Ernest T Bass
Originally posted by bigwood33
I am pretty sure the guy lost his lawsuit. Boy was I glad. I just couldn't imagine seeing a guy in those little orange shorts!:eek: :eek:

Yeah, but G2 sure fought hard in that courtroom!

slingshot
04-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
America...the beautiful has become, America...with a great personality. Now that's funny... ;)

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, but G2 sure fought hard in that courtroom!
He is unusually proud of his camel toe though...kinda sick;)

PPHSfan
04-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I think that is horrible personally. It would be one thing to say that to me but to a young girl who is a fan of the show, uh uh wrong move. I hope she gets millions.

Really?
Really?

You're opinion is why there has been tort reform, and why people who truly get hurt by someone else's negligence cannot get a fair shake in court. Millions?

Really?

Unbelievable.

crzyjournalist03
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Really?
Really?

You're opinion is why there has been tort reform, and why people who truly get hurt by someone else's negligence cannot get a fair shake in court. Millions?

Really?

Unbelievable.

And how exactly did you come across your millions???? :D

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

You know that donkey in Acuna? He's his agent.

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Really?
Really?

Really?

Unbelievable. Really? Really? Really? Your opinion is your own. You and I both know she won't get anything other than an apology and front row seats. You can do things without being rude and hurting a young girl's or anyone elses feelings though.

Really........... I hate rude behavior period. Especially from all knowing, all seeing, full of their own self smart arses that think they can step on the "little" people any time they want and are bigger than life itself when in fact they are complete idiots hated by most.

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
You know that donkey in Acuna? He's his agent. The donkey is PPHS's agent? :eek:

PPHSfan
04-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I've never sued anyone, that's for sure.

Bullaholic
04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I've never sued anyone, that's for sure.

Hard to do when you are in court as the defendant all the time....:D

PPHSfan
04-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hard to do when you are in court as the defendant all the time....:D

The only time I go NEAR the courthouse is to pay G2s bail, or pass out a few "envelopes". I never get sued in court. I always settle. :)

Bullaholic
04-12-2011, 02:06 PM
The only time I go NEAR the courthouse is to pay G2s bail, or pass out a few "envelopes". I never get sued in court. I always settle. :)

I can tell you have done business in the Big Easy....

AP Panther Fan
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
this is no different than trying to get into a trendy club and the bouncer having a certain set of standards where he decides who is pretty enough

lol...this reminded me of a Night at the Roxbury....

This goes hand-in-hand with the American Idol conversation of yesterday. A little bad publicity is better than no publicity (or so says Lindsey Lohan and Martin Sheen)....

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...this reminded me of a Night at the Roxbury....

This goes hand-in-hand with the American Idol conversation of yesterday. A little bad publicity is better than no publicity (or so says Lindsey Lohan and Martin Sheen)....
Martin or Charlie?

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM

Although Hooters did win the gender lawsuit I think they were found to be discrimminatory in their hiring practices by requiring a certain breast size in their female employees. Again I can see the wrongness in this from a moral sort of way but from a legal standpoint I can't really understand how the owner of a private business named HOOTERS can't decide for themselves who best represents the image they want to project. A flat chested female kind of contradicts the whole image that Hooters is trying to project.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I can't really understand how the owner of a private business named HOOTERS can't decide for themselves who best represents the image they want to project. A flat chested female kind of contradicts the whole image that Hooters is trying to project.
I guess the same way a business named Whitey's can't refuse to hire or serve black people?

Old LB
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Although Hooters did win the gender lawsuit I think they were found to be discrimminatory in their hiring practices by requiring a certain breast size in their female employees. Again I can see the wrongness in this from a moral sort of way but from a legal standpoint I can't really understand how the owner of a private business named HOOTERS can't decide for themselves who best represents the image they want to project. A flat chested female kind of contradicts the whole image that Hooters is trying to project.

If Hooters hires a bunch of flat chested women then they may get sued for false advertisement. :thinking:

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
If Hooters hires a bunch of flat chested women then they may get sued for false advertisement. :thinking:
As long as they don't change the name to "Ample Hooter's" or "Big Hooter's" I imagine they are fine;)

nobogey72
04-12-2011, 02:44 PM
My wife got asked to leave Wal-Mart one time for the same reason. It was hurtful. And, they wouldn't even let me use the scooter to haul her ass back to the car. Very hurtful.

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I guess the same way a business named Whitey's can't refuse to hire or serve black people?

1: Racial discrimmination is illegal.

2: Breastial discrimmination is not.

See the difference now? :D :D

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 02:47 PM
1: Racial discrimmination is illegal.

2: Breastial discrimmination is not.

See the difference now? :D :D

Damn, there went my business idea.

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My wife got asked to leave Wal-Mart one time for the same reason. It was hurtful. And, they wouldn't even let me use the scooter to haul her ass back to the car. Very hurtful.
It looks to me like she can walk just fine!
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=45813

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Damn, there went my business idea.

Well you could always beat two stone birds in a bush with a hand held ugly stick :eek: :eek: and hire only flat chested black men for your Hooters! That's sure to start a new trend. :D :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM
i think the bigger question is why was she at American Idol and not in a kitchen somewhere?

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Well you could always beat two stone birds in a bush with a hand held ugly stick :eek: :eek: and hire only flat chested black men for your Hooters! That's sure to start a new trend. :D :D

I was gonna open Whitey's Hooters, and open one in every city with an NFL franchise. :D

AP Panther Fan
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Martin or Charlie?

grrrr.....Charlie! I hate it when I do that....too many of them to keep up with. Martin & Emilio are the two without the tiger blood, correct?

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Martin & Emilio are the two without the tiger blood, correct?
Correct! They are also NOT "WINNING"

GrTigers6
04-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Wait,,, I thought Hooters was named after an Owl!!
:confused:

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6

It is, and Twin Peaks is named after their Mountains:D

http://www.gigacities.com/World/United_States/Texas/Plano/Tweaks/2007-08-10_Kendall/m_Twin_Peaks_Sundae.jpg

Old LB
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6

Nope :doh: but some of 'em will make your head spin all the way around. :D

Old LB
04-12-2011, 03:18 PM

http://www.gigacities.com/World/United_States/Texas/Plano/Tweaks/2007-08-10_Kendall/m_Twin_Peaks_Sundae.jpg

What does that key go to? :thinking:

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
What does that key go to? :thinking:

Treasure chest

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm Ice cream!!!! :inlove:

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Can you motorboat a banana split? :D

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Do I even need to post a picture what "Bone Daddy's" means? :doh:

nobogey72
04-12-2011, 03:38 PM

looks like 'fake' ice cream to me.:rolleyes:

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM

http://www.gigacities.com/World/United_States/Texas/Plano/Tweaks/2007-08-10_Kendall/m_Twin_Peaks_Sundae.jpg :eek: :eek: :eek: :inlove:

What does that key go to? :thinking: What key?

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 03:47 PM

youck..I hate fake rock hard breasts

GrTigers6
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
In Rapid City SD, Hooters wanted to come into the town but they were turned down and resubmitted under the name Shooters. Same sign, just a s in front. the waitresses wore the same outfits, well at least for that time anyway, Half shirts that only covered the top half of the breasts with a split down the middle and very short shorts.
It was funny how they manipulated the system. Oh and it was packed every day. lol
Dont know if they changed it to Hooters yet. Havent been back since 91

ogg
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM

+1

garciap77
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM

+1