PDA

View Full Version : Storm Damage? Anyone get it bad?

DavidWooderson
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I had a friend's step-daughter got bad hail damage to her car. $20,000 worth. Her dad bought her a Lexus SUV after she graduated from nursing school last May. Took it to the dealership this morning their estimate was $20,000....totaled.

We got some hail in Frisco, but nothing too bad, had to set the patio furniture back up this morning, dog house was ripped to pieces, it was luckily was in the garage (the dog that is).

crzyjournalist03
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
lost the only tree that was in our yard; it's split completely in two.

From the stories I've read though, we ended up lucky. Not sure if any hail at all actually fell at our place. At the worst, we looked outside and I could see golf-ball sized raindrops, but there was nothing solid that we saw ever hit the ground.

marler1972
04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Celina and Prosper got a bunch of hail.

Tired ole Bobcat
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
My sons car was totaled by the hail and the roof on his house will have to be replaced. He lives in the line of the storm just before it did its damage in Prosper.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear about all the damage to vehicles, but can certainly relate to the hail storm horror stories. We had a major hail storm on January 9th and at least half of Aransas Pass now has new roofs. The other half is waiting for one.

Tired ole Bobcat
04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
There will be a lot of new roofs in Aubrey, Celina and Prosper from this storm. Some homes lost windows in addition to their roofs.

garciap77
04-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
There will be a lot of new roofs in Aubrey, Celina and Prosper from this storm. Some homes lost windows in addition to their roofs.

We have been lucky these pasted few years, but I had to get my roof replaced about 5 years ago due to storm damage.

Twirling Time
04-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Celina got some wind and small hail but missed the worst damage other than some limbs and a few privacy fences. Prosper got slammed hard, especially the area close to Deion's house. Every other house has at least one window boarded up. There were also bits of shredded green leaves everywhere.

mwynn05
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
it was really bad in cleburne... on the way to the track meet yesterday we saw all kinds of buildings destroyed electrical poles snapped etc.... havent had school the last 2 days due to no electricity at my school

bowleghorses
04-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Got a call last night, evidently my brothers roof was trashed, some broken windows, trees got beeat up and his poor lawn furniture looks as if someone was throwing 8 lb. sledge hammers at it...Guess i'm gunna have to make a trip to help him get it back in order.

Ranger Mom
04-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I just wish we could get a little bit of rain here in W. Texas.