PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Futility

Bosqueville
04-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Hillsboro's baseball team is 0-20 giving up an average of 20 runs per game. How bad is the athletic program there? football 0-10 I believe, the basketball team won I think 1 or two. WOW. Below is a sample of this years Baseball team.

Schedule
Date Opponent Site Time Score Season District
Feb 24-26 Gatesville Tournament
Gatesville L 0-19 0-1
Mar 1 Groesbeck A 7:00 L 4-16
Mar 3-5 Hillsboro Tournament
Mar 8 China Spirng H 5:00 L 0-19
Mar 10-12 Grandview Tournament
Alvarado L 0-20
Blooming Grove L 4-21
Rio Vista L 2-22
Mar 15 Gatesville A 6:00 L 0-20
Mar 18 Connally A 7:00 L 0-22
Mar 19 Lorena H 12:00 L 0-19
Mar 22 Alvarado A 7:30 L 1-14 0-15 0-1
Mar 25 Kennedale H 7:30 L 0-21 0-16 0-2
Mar 29 Glen Rose H 7:30 L 4-27 0-17 0-3
Apr 1 Venus A 7:30 L 1-20 0-18 0-4
Apr 5 West A 7:30 L 0-24 0-19 0-5
Apr 8 Alvarado H 7:30 L 4-25 0-20 0-6
Apr 12 Kennedale A 7:30
Apr 15 Glen Rose A 7:30
Apr 19 Venus H 7:30
Apr 21 West H 7:30

Ernest T Bass
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Hillsboro is historically bad in all sports. The only decent run they've had was the few years that Bryan Erwin was the AD.

rholl
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I've wondered what was going on there that makes them so bad....no town support? Vicious cycle where all the athletes quit because they get tired of losing??? Dont know...strange to me.

Rabid Cougar
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Apathy amongst the kids. Apathy amongst the parents and the town. If the kids are made to do anything or toe the line they simply quit. We have been in and out district with them over the years and they have good athletes but very undisciplined. Very poor coaching in my opinion. High rate of turn over amongst the staff. No discipline in the school period.

Most people that work in Hillsboro don't live there. I personally know quite a few parents that live in Hillsboro take their kids to Covington, Aquilla or the Catholic school in West and a couple even to Riecher in Waco .
I don't know if West ISD takes transfers, Trojan 37 would know more about that than me.

All I know if they can afford not to go to that school... they don't.

BaseballUmp
04-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Showed this to a friend of mine who went to Hillsboro in 06 and he posted it to FB...they said that having all these new AD's is what it is and they can't believe it's gotten this bad

XMan
04-12-2011, 05:49 AM
They need to play either Brookshire Royal or Kipp Academy to get out of their funk.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Showed this to a friend of mine who went to Hillsboro in 06 and he posted it to FB...they said that having all these new AD's is what it is and they can't believe it's gotten this bad

Pretty weak to blame 40+ years of this on AD's. That, combined with inbreeding, are probably the root causes.
KIPP's athletic program exists for the sole purpose of slump busting.

garciap77
04-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Pretty weak to blame 40+ years of this on AD's. That, combined with inbreeding, are probably the root causes.
KIPP's athletic program exists for the sole purpose of slump busting.

ETB, you think you could turn this program around? This would look good on your resume if you did!

trojandad
04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
i think its worse with a situation like cleveland, those guys have athletes so extreme they could dominate 3a or 4a, for that matter, if all participated.....some of them play roundball but almost none of the great athletes show for football or baseball...coach tullos got a lot of them to show because of his rep being a tough as nails running back on a decent team coming back to help his alma mater,so he had some clout ith the better athletes, but it took every bit of one year after he left for that to fall off......

they have such a history of off the chart athletes just a step from superstardom.....ernie rogers starred at rice before being drafted to play behind too tall jones before breaking his leg in 3 places....richard brown had a sidearmed 95 mph fastball and was signed by the old big red machine reds in the 70's before tearing a muscle off his arm....on and on....

its ashamed when teams like cleveland have the guys, just no leadership, but in cleveland's case, they have to fight the parents who had the bad taste in their mouth for what athletics can do for them as a kid and portray this view to their kids with their whole life ahead of them......

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
i think its worse with a situation like cleveland, those guys have athletes so extreme they could dominate 3a or 4a, for that matter, if all participated.....some of them play roundball but almost none of the great athletes show for football or baseball...coach tullos got a lot of them to show because of his rep being a tough as nails running back on a decent team coming back to help his alma mater,so he had some clout ith the better athletes, but it took every bit of one year after he left for that to fall off......

they have such a history of off the chart athletes just a step from superstardom.....ernie rogers starred at rice before being drafted to play behind too tall jones before breaking his leg in 3 places....richard brown had a sidearmed 95 mph fastball and was signed by the old big red machine reds in the 70's before tearing a muscle off his arm....on and on....

its ashamed when teams like cleveland have the guys, just no leadership, but in cleveland's case, they have to fight the parents who had the bad taste in their mouth for what athletics can do for them as a kid and portray this view to their kids with their whole life ahead of them......
Cleveland is in a class of it's own. The issues there are incredibly deep and very widespread. The recent gang rape of that 11 yr old girl is an extreme example but how in the world do 18 men/boys EVER think that something like that is ok? I am sure that Hillsboro's issues pale in comparison to those in Cleveland.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Cleveland is a freakin' zoo!!
I don't know if I could turn Hillsboro around or not. Only one coach has been able to win any there, and he left town as soon as he could. Then it promptly went back to business as usual.

trojandad
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Cleveland is in a class of it's own. The issues there are incredibly deep and very widespread. The recent gang rape of that 11 yr old girl is an extreme example but how in the world do 18 men/boys EVER think that something like that is ok? I am sure that Hillsboro's issues pale in comparison to those in Cleveland.

because their moms and dads protest that its ok.....if mom and dad say its alright, what miracle is gonna impress their kids that its wrong.....here you have an example of a true "victim" and the culture there on a whole can't see it for falsely calling themselves victims for SO long they no longer recognize a real one.....

mwynn05
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
0fer in basketball too i believe... they were REALLY bad

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
because their moms and dads protest that its ok.....if mom and dad say its alright, what miracle is gonna impress their kids that its wrong.....here you have an example of a true "victim" and the culture there on a whole can't see it for falsely calling themselves victims for SO long they no longer recognize a real one.....
Well said.