PDA

View Full Version : New Coach in Brownwood

Bosqueville
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
New Defensive Coach, Munson from Temple, has joined the Brownwood staff and brings his son with him. He will be a junior in the upcoming year.

RoyceTTU
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
New Defensive Coach, Munson from Temple, has joined the Brownwood staff and brings his son with him. He will be a junior in the upcoming year.

I wonder if he is related to the other Munson't that currently reside here in town?

Bosqueville
04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I wonder if he is related to the other Munson't that currently reside here in town?

I have no idea. Could be..

nobogey72
04-11-2011, 10:32 AM
BW's former DC Chuck Howard, and their DB's coach (who is known on this board as TexasFootball2 were both hired by Abilene Cooper's new head coach.

RoyceTTU
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
BW's former DC Chuck Howard, and their DB's coach (who is known on this board as TexasFootball2 were both hired by Abilene Cooper's new head coach.

I new TF2 was still living in Abilene and commuting back and forth. It's disappointing on both ends but you can't blame coachs for moving up and bettering their situation.

BEAST
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Losing Coach Howard is tough. He is a GREAT coach. The kids would do anything for that man. Plus, his son, (6th grader I think) is going to be an absolute man child. I dont know much about Munson. Hope he is good. Ive heard his son is pretty dang salty.

BEAST

Black_Magic
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I dont know much about Munson. Hope he is good. Ive heard his son is pretty dang salty.
BEAST
isnt that why hes was hired?;) Just messin with ya

Black_Magic
04-11-2011, 11:10 AM
AH!! I know who your talking about! Is this the Coach Munson your talking about? Aint his name Roy? I thought he was from Ocelot PA.
http://www.cdawgsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Roy-Munson.jpg Hope BW dont get "Munsoned " out in the middle of nowhere... Is this his son?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F34FgS0vBt4/TBVVVh4fZ2I/AAAAAAAAphM/y49qjs44m6o/s400/kingpin.jpg

nobogey72
04-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Losing Coach Howard is tough. He is a GREAT coach. The kids would do anything for that man. Plus, his son, (6th grader I think) is going to be an absolute man child. I dont know much about Munson. Hope he is good. Ive heard his son is pretty dang salty.

BEAST

I figured that losing Howard was gonna be a blow. Yeah both of those guys will make a difference at Cooper. TF2 told me that Howard wanted his son to go to Wylie. Seriously. I sure hated to hear that.:)

Black_Magic
04-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Isnt this his wife?http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eXQh6Qsh7Z8/Shs6iIJEdbI/AAAAAAAABRo/VCMYRk7Zm58/s400/KINGPIN+ANGEL.jpg

And I think this is his girlfirend.
http://www.officiallinshaye.com/images/bw_med.jpg

Pendragon13
04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I figured that losing Howard was gonna be a blow. Yeah both of those guys will make a difference at Cooper. TF2 told me that Howard wanted his son to go to Wylie. Seriously. I sure hated to hear that.:) I could be wrong, but isn't TF2 the ex-ACU and San Diego Charger DB from the 80's-early 90's?

nobogey72
04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I could be wrong, but isn't TF2 the ex-ACU and San Diego Charger DB from the 80's-early 90's?

that would be him.

garciap77
04-11-2011, 12:15 PM
that would be him.

I wonder if BM knows him!

CenTexSports
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
The Temple coach's name is Monson.

TheDOCTORdre
04-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
isnt that why hes was hired?;) Just messin with ya

they recruit him before ya'll could?:D

Bosqueville
04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The Temple coach's name is Monson.

Thank you Centex. Was unsure of spelling.

Bosqueville
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Coach Howard has backed out of his move to Cooper!!!! We will also still have the new coach.

BEAST
04-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Coach Howard has backed out of his move to Cooper!!!! We will also still have the new coach.

Are you serious?

BEAST

BEAST
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
It is true. I just confirmed it. Great news.

BEAST

Bosqueville
04-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Are you serious?

BEAST

I wouldn't lie to you! Just because I live in Waco doesn't mean I can't get the scoop!

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't lie to you!

LOL, great news.

So.....Howard stays but Wilson is still going? I would understand Wilson because of his kiddos still going to school in Abilene. That is a tough daily commute. I would rather not lose any. We have a fantastic coaching staff.

Anyone know about Monson or what position he was coaching at Temple?

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
LOL, great news.

So.....Howard stays but Wilson is still going? I would understand Wilson because of his kiddos still going to school in Abilene. That is a tough daily commute. I would rather not lose any. We have a fantastic coaching staff.

He was HC at Temple. Don't think he coached a position.

BEAST
04-12-2011, 10:06 AM
LOL, great news.

From what I understand, he is still coming.

BEAST

nobogey72
04-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Good news for Brownwood. But, dangit I sure did want that 6th grader that was coming with him. :D

Bosqueville
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Word is, Howard was not happy with only a 1 year contract and I don't blame him!

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Word is, Howard was not happy with only a 1 year contract and I don't blame him!

That's pretty standard your first year in any place, unless you're a head coach. A lot of districts are doing away with multiyear contracts all together, in the face of budget cuts.