PDA

View Full Version : What teams you think we start out ranked?

Gsquared
04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Im thinking (in no particular order)
Chapel Hill
Gilmer
Argyle
Wimberly
Celina
Carthage
WOS
Henderson
LaGrange (If they dont start out ranked I think they have enough to be there midseason)
Snyder

Who else?

Bosqueville
04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
That list looks pretty good to me. I assume Sealy lost a lot?

Gsquared
04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
That list looks pretty good to me. I assume Sealy lost a lot?
I think Sealy lost alot but still have Seals Jones and a couple of young ones that are really really talented. I think they can be on the cusp.

lostaussie
04-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Chapel Hill
Gilmer
Argyle
Wimberly
Celina
Carthage
WOS
Henderson
LaGrange (If they dont start out ranked I think they have enough to be there midseason)
Snyder

Who else? Thats way to many teams fron one district:D

jbone68
04-11-2011, 09:53 AM
What no Brownwood?

BEAST
04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jbone68
What no Brownwood?

I dont know if we will be top 10 or not to begin the season. But, Ill bet ya we are by the end. We lost a lot no doubt, but our pantry aint bare.

BEAST

nobogey72
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I dont know if we will be top 10 or not to begin the season. But, Ill bet ya we are by the end. We lost a lot no doubt, but our pantry aint bare.

BEAST

Sandifer told me he was going to this years Brownwood graduation ceremony just to make sure that Shipley, Brown, Longoria etc,etc,etc actually walk across the stage and get a diploma and he won't have to see them anymore on Friday nights.:D :D

BEAST
04-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Sandifer told me he was going to this years Brownwood graduation ceremony just to make sure that Shipley, Brown, Longoria etc,etc,etc actually walk across the stage and get a diploma and he won't have to see them anymore on Friday nights.:D :D

You know the sad thing is this, most of those studs we had last year, are really young for their grade. If they had all been held back, we would have all of them again.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:06 AM
My teams that should be ranked

Emory Rains

Quinlan Ford

Whitesboro

Carter-Riverside

Diamond Jarvis-Hill

All of course powerhouses! :D

garciap77
04-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
You know the sad thing is this, most of those studs we had last year, are really young for their grade. If they had all been held back, we would have all of them again.

BEAST

So, "da hood" don't hold players back like Celina?:D

;)

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
My teams that should be ranked

Emory Rains

Quinlan Ford

Whitesboro

Carter-Riverside

Diamond Jarvis-Hill

All of course powerhouses! :D
Punk

trojandad
04-12-2011, 07:18 AM
i completely like wimberley being there, they will be tough....

gonna make coldspring prove it again, huh?

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Punk

u wanna throw down? LOL

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
u wanna throw down? LOL
Just sayin', punk.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Just sayin', punk.

lol nah just having fun

garciap77
04-12-2011, 07:31 AM
u wanna throw down? LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/violent-smiley-002.gif

;)

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/violent-smiley-002.gif

hahahah nice

;)

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
lol nah just having fun
It's never a good idea to call another man's son ugly and think that he will get the joke. Just sayin'.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
It's never a good idea to call another man's son ugly and think that he will get the joke. Just sayin'.

hmm show me where I called another man's son ugly

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I guess when you are the butt of a joke, you have a different perspective.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I guess when you are the butt of a joke, you have a different perspective.

OMG wow..dude REALLY? ..it was a joke and one someone ALWAYS makes when it comes to these type of threads

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 07:58 AM
OMG wow..dude REALLY? ..it was a joke and one someone ALWAYS makes when it comes to these type of threads
I guess I haven't ALWAYS been paying attention to funny men like you.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I guess I haven't ALWAYS been paying attention to funny men like you.

yea and I dont pay attention to cry babies either

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Cry baby huh? Proud of my son, yes, but cry baby, think again.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Cry baby huh? Proud of my son, yes, but cry baby, think again.

WTH does this have to do with your son? if your proud of him then great I am proud of my daughter who played for a TERRIBLE basketball team this year...and? I dont gett butt hurt over jokes about it

garciap77
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/peace-0010.gif

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/peace-0010.gif

So now u wanna throw down as well? :D

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Damn, show up to work late and miss the fun. :D

RoyceTTU
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM

This seems fitting now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This seems fitting now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
Wow! Glad that's not my wife/girlfriend/daughter.

garciap77
04-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Damn, show up to work late and miss the fun. :D

:stirpot:

:p

;)

bobcat1
04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Someone is trying awfully early to win the Bad Arse of the Downlow award this year. :D

Bullaholic
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Someone is trying awfully early to win the Bad Arse of the Downlow award this year. :D

Well, after football season we don't have the teams and towns to whoop on so we just whoop on each other, bobcat....:D

buff4ever
04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
This thread spiraled bad

44INAROW
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
This thread spiraled bad

no joke............

jeez and women are accused of having thin skin :hand:

rholl
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
back on the tracks.......Alvarado finished strong.....many returns.

nobogey72
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by rholl
+1 plus a good staff

Gsquared
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh man, I forgot about the Indians. Hope I get to see em this year!

Sweetwater Red
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM

Yep and once again the district championship will be decided in the first week of play when
Kennedale visits the Indians.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh man, I forgot about the Indians. Hope I get to see em this year!

one of the school's we always forget about

bigwood33
04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I went to school with several on staff there and they think they will be pretty good again. They have some good athletes coming back...saw them at a track meet and they could GO! One in particular was a defensive end type, tall and thick, who ran a low 23 in the 200. He was very impressive.

crabman
04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
This is the year. The Fighting Red Ants of Progresso rise to the top and get out of district.

buckeyebob
04-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Chapel Hill
Gilmer
Argyle
Wimberly
Celina
Carthage
WOS
Henderson
Snyder

Who else?

East Texas Speed seems to dominate again

bowleghorses
04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
East Texas Speed seems to dominate again

No just the same old blowhards posting...LOL:D

hollywood
04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
"smithville has been quitely been building a solid program and has been rapidly getting better of the last 4 years under coach wiley a understudy of coach mcqueen. the offseason programs have been remarkeable on how they aproach the game now, not just for 3 months a year but now a 12 month comitment from all of there athletes. the j.v teams over the last two years have been remarkeable and filled with talent thats ready to blossem i belive real soon. with alot of teams in district with new coaches an porenial powers haveing some changeover in key postitions this could be the year the tigers turn the corner an make the playoffs. these kids now have the winning cultre inbeded in them from keeping talent on j.v and letting them find out how to win first befor bringing them up out of need. they well be tested early with porenial 2a power lexington, and up an coming teams with speed like wharton needville and columbus. there biggest non-district test will be on the road agains pre season top 10 wimberly. wich i believe smithville well play them tough, and give them one hell of a shot. if this tiger team continues this season from what they been quitely building, i think this could be the year smithville turns the corner and makes the playoffs witch would be remarkeable and well desereved with teams like rockdale, la grange, giddings, caldwell , an navasota. i hope those teams dont take the week to loaf they play smithville bc the name on the jersey there playing, could be bad news for them." --Quote from a strong Smithville supporter.

Maybe the Smithville Tigers can make a showing this year.

cr180t
04-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yep and once again the district championship will be decided in the first week of play when
Kennedale visits the Indians.

Kennedale had several Soph on Varsity and a JV that went 10 and 0. Went 2 rounds last year. Middle LB was a Soph. They also have lots of speed.

trojandad
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
gonna make coldspring prove it again, huh?

ahem......is this mike on?!?!? :nerd:

HEMOTOXIC
04-13-2011, 01:16 PM
ahem......is this mike on?!?!? :nerd:

Hey, don't feel bad. Rattler Nation and THE NAVASOTA RATTLERS have to prove themselves every year.:D

trojandad
04-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hey, don't feel bad. Rattler Nation and THE NAVASOTA RATTLERS have to prove themselves every year.:D

lol......too true, brother......have missed talkin with you in the off season......

they can leave us out, its ok, they just can't use the "unexpected" reason this year, expecially returning gilbert.....i wouldnt be surprised to see more I formation next year......

and i still bet, barring injury or such, wimberley is gonna be a LOAD next year....would hate to have to tangle with them next year.....

hookandladder
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Not trying to knock them but after their 2009 season the 2010 season was not very good, they looked really weak when we played them the last game of the year. I know they were playing some young kids but so were we, our District next year will be loaded again with Rockdale,Navasota, Giddings amd La Grange, if Smithville makes the playoffs in this District next year I will be shocked. Was trying to quote the thread on Smithville, sorry.

Gsquared
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
lol......too true, brother......have missed talkin with you in the off season......

they can leave us out, its ok, they just can't use the "unexpected" reason this year, expecially returning gilbert.....i wouldnt be surprised to see more I formation next year......

and i still bet, barring injury or such, wimberley is gonna be a LOAD next year....would hate to have to tangle with them next year.....
I think Chappel Hill , Wimberly , and Argyle are going to be the BIG three this year.

trojandad
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I think Chappel Hill , Wimberly , and Argyle are going to be the BIG three this year.

i would agree on top 3, we just weren't being mentioned in the top 10 talk......

wimberley, while playing an awful game against us, especially defensively (one of their defensive backs melted down and cost them the game, probably), they still had two td passes slip through the hands of wide open receivers or it might have been them playing carthage the next week.....

HEMOTOXIC
04-13-2011, 08:42 PM

Hey buddy. I tell you, Coldspring really turned it on last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Speaking of teams not looking good, it happends. I said the same thing after seeing Coldspring and Huffman play. Boy, was I wrong. Huffman gave us all we wanted and we all know where Coldspring ended the season.

Navasota probably had their best game of the season against Sealy.

trojandad
04-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hey buddy. I tell you, Coldspring really turned it on last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Speaking of teams not looking good, it happends. I said the same thing after seeing Coldspring and Huffman play. Boy, was I wrong. Huffman gave us all we wanted and we all know where Coldspring ended the season.

Navasota probably had their best game of the season against Sealy.

and huffman loses their qb but keeps their passing system.....they could easily be undefeated when we play again this year.....

i think your right in hind sight, if the rattlers could have played every game like the sealy one, the season might have lasted a game more.....

how is you guys coaching situation this year?

Gsquared
04-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Wonder where Sanger figures in this talk. That QB is something special. Not sure what is returning to put around him though

waterboy
04-14-2011, 08:09 AM
That would leave Henderson out of the top 3. I'm not sure Henderson won't start the year ranked in the top 3..... They didn't lose much from last year's state championship team.

Gsquared
04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
That would leave Henderson out of the top 3. I'm not sure Henderson won't start the year ranked in the top 3..... They didn't lose much from last year's state championship team.
I think Henderson could stake a claim to the top 3 as well.

HEMOTOXIC
04-15-2011, 09:37 AM
and huffman loses their qb but keeps their passing system.....they could easily be undefeated when we play again this year.....

i think your right in hind sight, if the rattlers could have played every game like the sealy one, the season might have lasted a game more.....

how is you guys coaching situation this year?

I haven't heard anything other than Fadora not taking the A&M Consolidated position. As far as I know, everyone should be back next year.