PDA

View Full Version : Giddings 20, Caldwell 0 ???

1st and goal
04-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Is this correct? Reported on lee county live.

What the heck happened? I didn't expect any blowouts of this magnitude in district...

Hornet Mom 2
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM
It's true. They jumped out 6-0 in the first inning...16-0 after the second. We struggled on the mound and at the plate.

I was disappointed that after the score was 14-0 the starters were still in and runners taking extra bases. And they never did come out of the game. IMO that shows a lack of class and respect. Again, just my opinion.

We had two games in the Salado tournament that once we were up by 10-12 runs our starters came out and sat the rest of the game. Also did that with Madisonville. If something happens and the other team starts scoring, you can always put the starters back in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses. They whipped our butt. I just think it was a little extreme. And our pitcher was intentionally hit at the plate. No warning to Marlow when it happened...the umps let that get out of hand.

lastcall8
04-09-2011, 07:37 PM
normally don't post, but I have to this time. I went to this game last nite because I to thought it would be a good one. Yes the Giddings team jumped out to a early lead. They did keep the starters in till the end except one. What you don't know though is that Giddings only has two guys on the bench. One of them got in the game to pinch hit and The other was running for the pitcher in the 4th so he couldn't be subbed in.

However not once did they take and extra base. They hit numerous balls to the fence and runners that were at second stopped at third. The taking extra bases comment was a complete lie. I know Coach marlow and Coach luna and they have the upmost respect for each other.

As for the marlow kid hitting the other teams pitcher, i'm pretty sure I saw him get hit by the same kid the inning before.....I have seen enough baseball to know that's part of the game. Especially if you get hit and your pitching.

I sat on the caldwell side because i have no allegiance to any team and I will also say I got up and walked to the giddings side in the bottom of the 4th due to your fans. Talk about classless. Some of the things you hornets were saying was terrible. Anytime a kid gets hit and you say "good job should have hit him harder" that is very classless. That was said when the marlow kid was hit earlier in the game.

So tell me why you think the umpires should have done something when he hit the muzny kid?

Thanks and this is a great district race so far.

Hornet Mom 2
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
There were two balls hit to the fence with runners on 1st and 2nd and both times the runners on 2nd scored. Once in the 2nd inning and once in the 3rd. If that's not taking extra bases then explain to me what it is.

There were two courtesy runners - jersey #9 and jersey #3. One ran for the pitcher and one for the catcher. The kid that got the one AB in the bottom of the fourth inning was #12. Would you like for me to list the rest of their subs for you?

When Brooks got hit it was in the leg and not intentional. But I guess in your opinion its an eye for an eye. Right or wrong, and knowing that emotions were high, the umpire should have warned him after the first pitch went behind Muzny's back. I think the kids should be taught NOT to retaliate.

Our fans did get upset with what was happening. I do not agree that our fans got out of hand and I was not happy with it either. Like I said, I was not making excuses for us getting beat, but you seem to be for the way the buffs handled their side of the board. If that's the case I'm glad you went to their side.

hookandladder
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
With UIL rules that you have to play 5 full innings , games like this can happen. It is District play, so if you get beat by 20 suck it up and work to get better don't make excuses. Sometimes in games like this , it does not matter what the coach does. Take your lumps and move on, ball is ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
With UIL rules that you have to play 5 full innings , games like this can happen. It is District play, so if you get beat by 20 suck it up and work to get better don't make excuses. Sometimes in games like this , it does not matter what the coach does. Take your lumps and move on, ball is ball. +1

Hornet Mom 2
04-09-2011, 10:23 PM
With UIL rules that you have to play 5 full innings , games like this can happen. It is District play, so if you get beat by 20 suck it up and work to get better don't make excuses. Sometimes in games like this , it does not matter what the coach does. Take your lumps and move on, ball is ball.

Actually it's 4.5 innings that's required, 5 if home team is losing. I guess you are only reading bits and pieces of posts. I have said twice that I am not making excuses, just stating my opinion (which last time I checked I am entitled to do) and facts from the game. They had 7 subs, not 2 as previously stated, and they did take some extra bases after the game was out of reach. In district, getting beat by 20 hurts just as bad as losing by 1.

XMan
04-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Why should it be Giddings's fault that Caldwell stunk it up? If Caldwell didnt want to get pounded, then they should have played better. Dont let Giddings get runners on and then let them hit it to the fence. Practice harder, be more dedicated and play better. Giddings cant just tell their kids to not try, that is not fair to them. Its a shame that the game was so lopsided but thats just how it goes sometimes.

hookandladder
04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Why should it be Giddings's fault that Caldwell stunk it up? If Caldwell didnt want to get pounded, then they should have played better. Dont let Giddings get runners on and then let them hit it to the fence. Practice harder, be more dedicated and play better. Giddings cant just tell their kids to not try, that is not fair to them. Its a shame that the game was so lopsided but thats just how it goes sometimes.

Agree, all part of the game. It is basically playoff time, so be ready to play or take your lumps. Don't point fingers, as the shirt say's Play Hard or Go Home.

Crow22
04-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
There were two balls hit to the fence with runners on 1st and 2nd and both times the runners on 2nd scored. Once in the 2nd inning and once in the 3rd. If that's not taking extra bases then explain to me what it is.

There were two courtesy runners - jersey #9 and jersey #3. One ran for the pitcher and one for the catcher. The kid that got the one AB in the bottom of the fourth inning was #12. Would you like for me to list the rest of their subs for you?

When Brooks got hit it was in the leg and not intentional. But I guess in your opinion its an eye for an eye. Right or wrong, and knowing that emotions were high, the umpire should have warned him after the first pitch went behind Muzny's back. I think the kids should be taught NOT to retaliate.

Our fans did get upset with what was happening. I do not agree that our fans got out of hand and I was not happy with it either. Like I said, I was not making excuses for us getting beat, but you seem to be for the way the buffs handled their side of the board. If that's the case I'm glad you went to their side.

LOL...oh my goodness...how awful of a runner on 2nd base to score on a ball hit to the fence. WTH is he SUPPOSED to do? Cry me a freaking river. If you don't want the guy on 2nd to score, don't give up gappers to the fence.

And fyi, I don't have any allegiance to either school.

Caldwell_Raider
04-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think mom is making huge excuses. I would be upset as well if I were her for obvious reasons.

But I agree with the rest of ya'll. Hell I would of ran the score up as much as possible, it's Caldwell's fault for stinking it up.

If the kids didn't want to get embarrassed like that, they should of showed up ready to play. Apparently they weren't.

Just my 2 cents....

buff4ever
04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
This isn't jr high or little league.

But everyone go easy, she is a mom after all feeling sorry for her baby:D .

Hornet Mom 2
04-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Ya'll are cracking me up now! Been busy today and just now had a chance to see what was being said!

I'm not feeling sorry for my baby. He had one of the two hits off Marlow Friday night, so guess I should feel honored that he hit Mr. UT Bound. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I said in my first post - ya'll can double check to be sure - we struggled on the mound and at the plate...no excuses.

Ya'll keep having fun slamming me for expressing my opinion - this board is free therapy for anyone who needs it!

Astrosdawg07
04-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lastcall8
... The other was running for the pitcher in the 4th so he couldn't be subbed in.

Not true a CR can be subbed into the game at any time, but has lost his right to be a courtesy runner. Once he is pulled from the game he is done for the remainder.

lastcall8
04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Not true a CR can be subbed into the game at any time, but has lost his right to be a courtesy runner. Once he is pulled from the game he is done for the remainder.

Correct that was my point, that he was a courtesy runner and if he was put into the game then he couldn't run which would have left them without a runner. Make sense?

lastcall8
04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Ya'll are cracking me up now! Been busy today and just now had a chance to see what was being said!

I'm not feeling sorry for my baby. He had one of the two hits off Marlow Friday night, so guess I should feel honored that he hit Mr. UT Bound. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I said in my first post - ya'll can double check to be sure - we struggled on the mound and at the plate...no excuses.

Ya'll keep having fun slamming me for expressing my opinion - this board is free therapy for anyone who needs it!

No one is slamming you, and this is exactly why i went to the other side with your Mr UT bound comment. Who cares where he is going. The kid is playing ball hard and the right way. Your fans were trashing him because he is going to Texas. Really? Are yall mad that he isn't going to a&m? I can think of no other reason you would attack him based on what I saw during that game.

As for them scoring in the second inning on a double, I would have done the same. From what I hear and why i went to the game to begin with, is caldwell can flat out hit. So the giddings coach im sure had no idea how many runs would be enough. He did however put the brakes on in the 3 and 4th.

Also go ahead and name the 7 subs please.

Astrosdawg07
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Correct that was my point, that he was a courtesy runner and if he was put into the game then he couldn't run which would have left them without a runner. Make sense?

Ok, I was under the impression that you were saying that once a CR enters as a CR he is locked into that role the whole game.

Hornet Mom 2
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
No one is slamming you, and this is exactly why i went to the other side with your Mr UT bound comment. Who cares where he is going. The kid is playing ball hard and the right way. Your fans were trashing him because he is going to Texas. Really? Are yall mad that he isn't going to a&m? I can think of no other reason you would attack him based on what I saw during that game.

As for them scoring in the second inning on a double, I would have done the same. From what I hear and why i went to the game to begin with, is caldwell can flat out hit. So the giddings coach im sure had no idea how many runs would be enough. He did however put the brakes on in the 3 and 4th.

Also go ahead and name the 7 subs please.

Actually my entire family are UT fans, not aTm. You can probably find posts from me that reference that on this board. As for the rest of our fans, I have no idea whether they care or not where he is going to college. My point was, my son got a hit off a college bound player (he had a triple off of him at the game in Caldwell this year, too). And yes I was being sarcastic (in case you missed it) that I should be "honored." Someone else said I was "feeling sorry for my baby" and I was not. He did his job.

The subs listed on the Giddings line up card, that I presume was filled out by their coaching staff, were: #5 Kasper, #2 Garcia, #12 Socha (got one at bat in the 4th inning), #3 R. Krause (courtesy runner for catcher), #10 Madack, #9 Herzog (courtesy runner for pitcher), and Mitschke listed with no jersey number...maybe he was the manager? :thinking:

lastcall8
04-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Actually my entire family are UT fans, not aTm. You can probably find posts from me that reference that on this board. As for the rest of our fans, I have no idea whether they care or not where he is going to college. My point was, my son got a hit off a college bound player (he had a triple off of him at the game in Caldwell this year, too). And yes I was being sarcastic (in case you missed it) that I should be "honored." Someone else said I was "feeling sorry for my baby" and I was not. He did his job.

The subs listed on the Giddings line up card, that I presume was filled out by their coaching staff, were: #5 Kasper, #2 Garcia, #12 Socha (got one at bat in the 4th inning), #3 R. Krause (courtesy runner for catcher), #10 Madack, #9 Herzog (courtesy runner for pitcher), and Mitschke listed with no jersey number...maybe he was the manager? :thinking:

Well lucky for you I got the lineup cards also from both teams as I like to keep my own book and can explain the "subs." Kasper kid was the the starting second baseman, he was being dh for. So he was in the game. Garcia have no idea about, Socha obviously got into the game, Krause courtesy ran as well as herzog so i have mad my case for them not getting in. Also might add herzog is a freshman and was told he is a straight runner as is krause, not sure though. The madack kid has a broken something, I saw him with his jersey on and arm in cast and sling. Mitchske kid I know has never played for them as long as i have seen a game this year so that might have been a mistake.

So basically they had one kid that didn't get in the game that was on the bench. The others got in somewhere or somehow.

If your son is the left hander then he is a great hitter. Have seen him put on a hitting display a couple of times. You should be proud, I would be. But not just because the marlow kid is a college bound player, I promise he won't play pitcher in college.

hookandladder
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Well lucky for you I got the lineup cards also from both teams as I like to keep my own book and can explain the "subs." Kasper kid was the the starting second baseman, he was being dh for. So he was in the game. Garcia have no idea about, Socha obviously got into the game, Krause courtesy ran as well as herzog so i have mad my case for them not getting in. Also might add herzog is a freshman and was told he is a straight runner as is krause, not sure though. The madack kid has a broken something, I saw him with his jersey on and arm in cast and sling. Mitchske kid I know has never played for them as long as i have seen a game this year so that might have been a mistake.

So basically they had one kid that didn't get in the game that was on the bench. The others got in somewhere or somehow.

If your son is the left hander then he is a great hitter. Have seen him put on a hitting display a couple of times. You should be proud, I would be. But not just because the marlow kid is a college bound player, I promise he won't play pitcher in college.

I would have to agree , getting a hit off Marlow is no accomplishment. He will never see the mound in college,average pitcher at best . Now hitting is another story, one of the best hitters I have seen in high school. Caldwell got smoked by Giddings last Tuesday night, get over it and get ready for the last 4 games to make the playoffs. If I was Coach Marlow and we were in District , it is lights out if we score 20 runs so be it. Who gives a rats ass who he had left on the bench, suck it up and get ready to play ball.

Hornet Mom 2
04-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I went by the card I was given, and according to that there were 7 guys on the bench. How they are used is obviously up to the coach.

I got annoyed when people starting saying I was making excuses - I never did that. Only gave my opinion about how the game was handled. I think the umpire let things get out of hand..and yes I still think the score was run up unnecessarily.

No Brooks won't pitch in college. He is a good high school pitcher, but has been signed as a middle infielder for UT. We will be cheering for him next year if he plays.

Again, my sarcastic side came out about Mr UT bound, and I really try to not do that. Because my son (yes the lefty) has gone 2 for 3 against him this year, I was just saying...he's college bound but right now he's a high school player. Some people seem to forget that.

Thank you for the compliment. He works hard and has a lot of drive and motivation.

BaseballUmp
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Was this played in Giddings or Caldwell? Cuz almost anybody can drop a bomb in left field in Giddings unless they have changed the layout. Also, does Caldwell still have the almost all grass infield? I think they did when I was in high school but I'm not quite sure

Hornet Mom 2
04-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Was this played in Giddings or Caldwell? Cuz almost anybody can drop a bomb in left field in Giddings unless they have changed the layout. Also, does Caldwell still have the almost all grass infield? I think they did when I was in high school but I'm not quite sure

Yes this game was played in Giddings, and yes, Caldwell's infield is all grass except around the bases.

Red Bull
04-11-2011, 07:37 AM
This thread cracks me up. This sounds like "Little League Down Low", not 3A Down Low. I coach a lot of ball and it always amazes me at any level and for that matter any sport that a coach gets criticized for running the score up. If you don't want to get beat by 20 or more then score some runs yourself and get the other team out. It is that easy. I have been on both sides of the ledger and I can tell you when I get beat bad I am not mad at the other team / coach. I am upset my team didn't play better.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Hornet Mom 2
04-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
This thread cracks me up. This sounds like "Little League Down Low", not 3A Down Low. I coach a lot of ball and it always amazes me at any level and for that matter any sport that a coach gets criticized for running the score up. If you don't want to get beat by 20 or more then score some runs yourself and get the other team out. It is that easy. I have been on both sides of the ledger and I can tell you when I get beat bad I am not mad at the other team / coach. I am upset my team didn't play better.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Caldwell football was criticized harshly a couple of years ago (2008 or 2009) in the newspaper (B/CS Eagle) for "running up the score" when they played Bryan-Rudder that year. It was Rudder's 2nd year in 3a and I think the final score was 72-0 or 72-7...so yes, it is at every level - this was a paid sports writer doing the criticizing.

buff4ever
04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Caldwell football was criticized harshly a couple of years ago (2008 or 2009) in the newspaper (B/CS Eagle) for "running up the score" when they played Bryan-Rudder that year. It was Rudder's 2nd year in 3a and I think the final score was 72-0 or 72-7...so yes, it is at every level - this was a paid sports writer doing the criticizing.

It is time for this thread to stop. The point that you need to take from this Mom is that Marlow did what he could to not run the score up. The only other thing to do would have been to have his guys intentionally get out, and that is unheard of and quite frankly I would expect would embarass your kids more.

Buffgal
04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
1. I have been on both sides of this in baseball. Not fun on either bench.

2. I have also watched games where we were ahead by 18 runs and in one inning and alot of errors..... got behind. In baseball, the wheels can fall off quickly. This was a district game,,,winning was the goal.

I overhead A man who coached my son at 10 yrs old tell an opposing coach, 'I respect your team and we will play until the game is over or called." He apologized for the score later and we took the other team and ate together afterwards. They were outmatched, we knew it, they knew it but we still played. However, I do remember Rush batting left handed.

3. As far as substituting 2nd/3rd string players for Giddings, I don't think this year is any different than the last 4 years. Buffs have quality but have never been known for depth or for that matter, numbers of players.

4. When you hit one to the fence, most kids can get a double. You have to play any game you play the way it is supposed to be played. As long as Caldwell was letting their bench play in football if they had one, then the 72-7 score is what it is. I sure hope they weren't skipping down the football field just so Rudder would have had a chance to tackle them. See Note #1 & I hope the UIL will change the mercy rule in baseball when games like this get out of hand early.

5. Brooks will not be "paid" to pitch at UT. He is a hitter in ALL CAPS. That was a classless comment about "Mr. UT Bound" even if you put a little facey thing. Nobody plays the game with as much enthusiasm as that young man and did you ever stop and think that by hitting the Hornet batter that he might just be trying to get Caldwell some baserunners????? Believe me, Brooks personality leans more that way than avengeful.

6. And last but not least....Fans please remember that you are not at a Rangers game where the players possibly cannot hear you and for sure don't know who you are. You are at a high school game. The kids hear your comments and they hurt. Most importantly, alot of them because of their own friendships in our district, know who you are. When they turn around and see that it comes from a friend's parents mouth, it is doubly cruel.

& if you think the umpire's calls cost you a game, you didn't play hard enough.

Come on Hornets....get in the cages

Go Buffs...pitch by pitch. I'm waiting for the word to bring the Trophy && you have someone way out West who is rooting for all of ya'll. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal

2. I have also watched games where we were ahead by 18 runs and in one inning and alot of errors..... got behind. In baseball, the wheels can fall off quickly. This was a district game,,,winning was the goal.

Very good point. For instance, in the first district meeting of Wylie and Sweetwater this season, Sweetwater got out to an early 11-1 lead, but Wylie came back to win that game (13-12 I think). Big innings and/or multiple errors can happen at any time to get a team back in the game. Complaining about someone taking extra bases in the SECOND inning....seriously? :doh:

Anyway, in the second district meeting Wylie won 23-1. Coach Martin subbed in numerous players and those players continued to hit it to the fence. Should he have told them all to just stand there and take strikes? In my opinion, that would have been a huge insult to the Sweetwater players and coaches who work so hard day in and day out.

Hornet Mom 2
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
5. Brooks will not be "paid" to pitch at UT. He is a hitter in ALL CAPS. That was a classless comment about "Mr. UT Bound" even if you put a little facey thing. Nobody plays the game with as much enthusiasm as that young man and did you ever stop and think that by hitting the Hornet batter that he might just be trying to get Caldwell some baserunners????? Believe me, Brooks personality leans more that way than avengeful.

& if you think the umpire's calls cost you a game, you didn't play hard enough.

I'm only replying to these two points, because the rest is pretty much repeating things that have already been addressed on this thread.

And I have already stated, that I was being sarcastic about the Mr UT Bound comment. It was said, and meant, not disrespectfully towards Brooks. That yes he is heading to college, but right now, he is a high school player and not even going to be a pitcher in college, and that seems to get forgotten, by coaches, fans, writers, and others. I'm not sure what you were referencing with the "paid" comment...I don't think anything has been said about him being paid for anything.

No, he was not trying to get Caldwell some baserunners, and there is no way you will convince me of that (my son is also a pitcher, I know the unwritten rules). He pitched a very good game, 2 hits, 2 walks and 6 k's. Then, the inning after he gets hit, our pitcher is the 2nd batter, and the first pitch goes right behind his back? Any other pitcher would have at least been warned. Our fans started yelling at the umpire, not the players, because he did not take control as he is paid to do. He turned, looked into our stands, and smiled. And he did the same thing after Brooks hit Muzny. Shame on him.

And you cannot claim to know how Brooks Marlow, or any other players play or feel when it comes to their enthusiasm, drive, motivation or anything else. Maybe you know him, maybe he hangs out at your house, but you can not KNOW his inner workings. For you to say "nobody plays the game with as much enthusiasm as that young man" is disrespectful to every player that steps on the field with him or against him.

Again, and again, I never said the umpire's calls cost us the game, I'm not sure where you got that from. I just said he let things get out of hand. Quoting myself here, from my first post and a couple more, "we struggled on the mound and at the plate." I never blamed anyone for us losing the game.

Good luck to all the D23 teams tonight, it's time to move on!

LeeCoMom
04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I think it's probably time to leave off the personal comments regarding this player. He's a great kid who has been blessed with a ton of natural talent and an amazing work ethic. He has been rewarded with an offer to play at the next level, which should be applauded by ANY fan of the game. All saracastic comments and insinuations are interpreted as jealousy and I really don't think that's the way you want to come off considering we are talking about a kid.

As a parent of an athlete, no one likes to see their kids lose badly, but it's just part of the game. Encourage your son to be a leader (since he obviously did well) and motivate the other players to follow his example and work hard. Maybe the two teams' next meeting will have much different results.

pirate4state
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
wow is all I can say!

hookandladder
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LeeCoMom
I think it's probably time to leave off the personal comments regarding this player. He's a great kid who has been blessed with a ton of natural talent and an amazing work ethic. He has been rewarded with an offer to play at the next level, which should be applauded by ANY fan of the game. All saracastic comments and insinuations are interpreted as jealousy and I really don't think that's the way you want to come off considering we are talking about a kid.

As a parent of an athlete, no one likes to see their kids lose badly, but it's just part of the game. Encourage your son to be a leader (since he obviously did well) and motivate the other players to follow his example and work hard. Maybe the two teams' next meeting will have much different results.

Well said and I would say his work ethic since he was a little boy is head and shoulders above most kids, the work ethic of kids nowadays is what seperates the ones that move on to the next level. Talent allow does not get you to the next level , it may help you but you better be ready to work your tail off if you want to play. Hats off to Brooks, looking forward to watching him play next year at Texas.

Old Tiger
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Actually it's 4.5 innings that's required, 5 if home team is losing. I guess you are only reading bits and pieces of posts. I have said twice that I am not making excuses, just stating my opinion (which last time I checked I am entitled to do) and facts from the game. They had 7 subs, not 2 as previously stated, and they did take some extra bases after the game was out of reach. In district, getting beat by 20 hurts just as bad as losing by 1. Its a fact they kept starters in...its an opinion they should have been taken out.

buff4life
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM

And you cannot claim to know how Brooks Marlow, or any other players play or feel when it comes to their enthusiasm, drive, motivation or anything else. Maybe you know him, maybe he hangs out at your house, but you can not KNOW his inner workings. For you to say "nobody plays the game with as much enthusiasm as that young man" is disrespectful to every player that steps on the field with him or against him.

Watch multiple games he plays and you'll want to take that back

Be_Advised
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
First of all this is off topic, but I just had to ask this question. There was a rumor circulating around Robstown that Coach Marlow applied for the Robstown baseball coach last summer. Do any of you Giddings followers know if there is any truth to that?

hookandladder
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
First of all this is off topic, but I just had to ask this question. There was a rumor circulating around Robstown that Coach Marlow applied for the Robstown baseball coach last summer. Do any of you Giddings followers know if there is any truth to that?

I find that hard to beleive with both his boys playing in the big 12 next year, would have been a pretty long drive to their games. Plus he is an old fart , that is pretty close to retirement. Maybe he is looking to get his high 5 up.

Yoe_09
04-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Actually I heard that he may have wanted to leave and kind of take a back seat assistant type job at a Cameron Yoe or Rogers. This could have just been your normal rumor but I heard it more than once.

Hornet Mom 2
04-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Watch multiple games he plays and you'll want to take that back

On 10/23/07 you told me the following in the huge thread about the battle of the undefeateds...I had said that Caldwell had more heart than Giddings...or something to that effect.

You told me "i've never argued who had more...i just made the point that its a homeristic opinion to come out and say one team has more than teh other team without having a clue..."

But now you're saying it's ok for someone to say that one player has more enthusiasm than any others?

I learned something from you that day...too bad you forgot your own words of wisdom.

hookandladder
04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
On 10/23/07 you told me the following in the huge thread about the battle of the undefeateds...I had said that Caldwell had more heart than Giddings...or something to that effect.

You told me "i've never argued who had more...i just made the point that its a homeristic opinion to come out and say one team has more than teh other team without having a clue..."

But now you're saying it's ok for someone to say that one player has more enthusiasm than any others?

I learned something from you that day...too bad you forgot your own words of wisdom.

Let it go, all most people are saying is that Brooks has a special talent that most kids would die for and he also has the work ethic that most kid lack when you have his talent. He has had that work ethic since he was a very young kid, that is rare in kids now days. Everyone need to move on, see you Friday.

garciap77
04-12-2011, 07:09 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/beat_a_dead_horse_2-1.gif

;)

Hornet Mom 2
04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Let it go, all most people are saying is that Brooks has a special talent that most kids would die for and he also has the work ethic that most kid lack when you have his talent. He has had that work ethic since he was a very young kid, that is rare in kids now days. Everyone need to move on, see you Friday.

I'm being told to let it go? I am only replying (as I am here) to comments directed at me. Seems that I'm not the one NOT letting it go.

hookandladder
04-12-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm being told to let it go? I am only replying (as I am here) to comments directed at me. Seems that I'm not the one NOT letting it go.

Who pitched last night for Caldwell.

pirate4state
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I saw on 3abaseball.com that Giddings lost to Smithville??? Is that correct?

Old Tiger
04-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I saw on 3abaseball.com that Giddings lost to Smithville??? Is that correct? I heard it was 21-0.

LeeCoMom
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I saw on 3abaseball.com that Giddings lost to Smithville??? Is that correct?

Yes, they lost 5-4. We were watching the girls, so we didn't get the full story, but they did lose.

Old Tiger
04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by LeeCoMom
Yes, they lost 5-4. We were watching the girls, so we didn't get the full story, but they did lose. Did smithville pull their starters?

pirate4state
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Did smithville pull their starters?

:doh:

Giddings probably did to make up for the Caldwell thing. See what happens?!

Red Bull
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I hear Giddings was up 4-0 and pulled their starters to make the Smithville moms happy. It backfired on them.:stirpot:

Hornet Mom 2
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
:doh:

Giddings probably did to make up for the Caldwell thing. See what happens?!

And I was accused of http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/beat_a_dead_horse_2-1.gif ??

LMAO!

1st and goal
04-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
I hear Giddings was up 4-0 and pulled their starters to make the Smithville moms happy. It backfired on them.:stirpot:

LMAO too. thanks for the laughs. Just what I needed.

pirate4state
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
And I was accused of http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/beat_a_dead_horse_2-1.gif ??

LMAO!

yeah, oh well

Rule #76
04-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Actually Robstown contacted marlow from what i heard. they figured if they could add Brooks to there already outstanding line up that would be returning they could make a run at the title with a coach that has been there.

They still might make that run IMO but would be even scarier with Brooks.

That is just what the rumor mill brought to me

lastcall8
04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
Actually Robstown contacted marlow from what i heard. they figured if they could add Brooks to there already outstanding line up that would be returning they could make a run at the title with a coach that has been there.

Should listen to this guy. Just saying.

And Robstown is loaded. Four or five div 1 prospects on there team. Add the Marlow kid and I won't say unstoppable because I have seen great lineups fail before see Boston redsox so far this year, but would not be able to pitch around anyone. Alot of protection in that lineup

Be_Advised
04-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76

I personally would have welcomed both Marlows to Robstown. Brooks is one of the top players in the state in all classifications and Coach Marlow is a coach that has been around and knows what he is doing, unlike the lump of a coach we have at the moment. Anyone that knows Robstown baseball can see that this is still Castro's team.

hookandladder
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I personally would have welcomed both Marlows to Robstown. Brooks is one of the top players in the state in all classifications and Coach Marlow is a coach that has been around and knows what he is doing, unlike the lump of a coach we have at the moment. Anyone that knows Robstown baseball can see that this is still Castro's team.

Who is coaching now at Robstown

Be_Advised
04-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Who is coaching now at Robstown

Elias "My Daddy got me the job" Vasquez

greendawg84
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Elias "My Daddy got me the job" Vasquez

DANG !! Easy dude....:foul:

Be_Advised
04-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by greendawg84
DANG !! Easy dude....:foul:

I realize it is a strong statement of my opinion but just the way I saw it unfold. If a mod feels I crossed the line with that post, please feel free to edit it for me.

greendawg84
04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I feel your pain though ours is run by the admin guy , coach is just the guy that moves the pieces to where he wants them. Was the same with the last one also.

Rule #76
04-13-2011, 12:43 PM
where are you referring to?