The ONLY descent contestant is gone.

No more eye candy.
What's the point now?

theville
04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Agreed.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
She was definitely pretty...but of the girls left, she was my least favorite. I still couldn't believe she was voted off though.

For the first time in 10 years, I don't have a definite favorite.

Cam
04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She was definitely pretty...but of the girls left, she was my least favorite. I still couldn't believe she was voted off though.

For the first time in 10 years, I don't have a definite favorite.

I agree...Pia reminded me of a beauty pageant contestant...she has a great voice but doesn't know how to perform onstage....needs to hang out with Steven Tyler some....ahh...well maybe not.......

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Cam
I agree...Pia reminded me of a beauty pageant contestant...she has a great voice but doesn't know how to perform onstage....needs to hang out with Steven Tyler some....ahh...well maybe not.......

I thought she was boring and had no personality. My bottom 3 would have been Pia, Jacob and Paul! I like Paul but I CANNOT STAND Rod Stewart, and he just reminds me too much of him to get past it!!

MustangFootball
04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
yeah she was my favorite that really sucks.

Old Tiger
04-08-2011, 09:38 AM
The judges are terrible.

nobogey72
04-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
yeah she was my favorite that really sucks.

?????? You know this how?

turbostud
04-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I'd rather watch NASCAR.:D

runtowin
04-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Hayley, Jacob and Scotty should have gone before her maybe even Paul too.

Hayley is awful.
Jacob has no future potential in the business.
Scotty and Paul are gimmicks although I think Scotty will do OK.

nobogey72
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by runtowin

Hayley is awful.

I'd be willing to bet alot of $$ that Scotty will be a household country name 10 yrs from now.

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Hayley is awful.

Scotty is my favorite. Pia (singing aside) had beautiful eyes, but was in serious need of dental work.

:doh: What am I thinking! Noticing that would require you looking above the shoulders!

I think Rod Stewart needs to go too RM.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Scotty is my favorite. Pia (singing aside) had beautiful eyes, but was in serious need of dental work.

:doh: What am I thinking! Noticing that would require you looking above the shoulders!

I think Rod Stewart needs to go too RM.

I like Scotty and Lauren.....just based on their "country" vibe.

I like James and Hayley for their "rocker" vibe.

I like Casey because he is kinda quirky....I identify with that!:p

Jacob, Paul and Stefano have good voices, but I don't see any of them singing anything I would ever listen to!

Cam
04-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by turbostud

What for?? All you gotta do is park by Hwy. 83 and watch the cartel racers come flyin' by.....:D Go Panthers! Ya'll still purple? I'll bet you got more than one high school by now....

Black_Magic
04-08-2011, 10:09 AM
SHE WAS TOP 3 IMO. Bet the judges wish they had not saved the lumberjack looking dude now. It just made the show a one person race now. I thought it would come down to her or the fella who has the wacked hair and big ears

nobogey72
04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
SHE WAS TOP 3 IMO. Bet the judges wish they had not saved the lumberjack looking dude now. It just made the show a one person race now. I thought it would come down to her or the fella who has the wacked hair and big ears

and blinks alot.

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

I never saw her as top 3..in fact i am surprised she made it this far. good look, nice voice but nothing to make you go WOW I want to listen to her more.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
and blinks alot.

He has Tourette syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome.

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM

I think he has a HUGE future going the gospel route.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think he has a HUGE future going the gospel route.

Most definitely!!

runtowin
04-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't usually vote, but this year is nuts. They are so many talented singers left and everyone seems to have their favorites. I have actually voted the last 2 weeks after seeing what happened with Casey.

I was hoping that Hayley or Stefano would volunteer to go home so that Pia could stay. After this season you won't hear from either of them again anyway.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't usually vote, but this year is nuts. They are so many talented singers left and everyone seems to have their favorites. I have actually voted the last 2 weeks after seeing what happened with Casey.

I was hoping that Hayley or Stefano would volunteer to go home so that Pia could stay. After this season you won't hear from either of them again anyway.

Why on earth would anyone volunteer to go home at this point in the competition???

I like Hayley WAY better than I have ever liked Pia!!

runtowin
04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Why on earth would anyone volunteer to go home at this point in the competition???

I like Hayley WAY better than I have ever liked Pia!!

Opinions and wishful thinking. Not logical, it's all in fun. We all have our favorites. IMO Pia has a future in singing Hayley doesn't

bobcat1
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I like Scotty and Lauren.....just based on their "country" vibe.

I like James and Hayley for their "rocker" vibe.

I like Casey because he is kinda quirky....I identify with that!:p

Jacob, Paul and Stefano have good voices, but I don't see any of them singing anything I would ever listen to! Dead on the Chili! My 2 favorites now that Pia is gone is Hayley and James. No way Jacob or Stefano should have stayed. I understand the lack of entertainment Pia brought but if you look like that you only need to sing and she could sing. Scotty aka Alfred P. Newman will make it big. Lauren still needs to grow but she will make a few records. James will do awesome. I would listen to Hayley sing too. I like that gravelly voice. Peacock Paul should have been gone long ago as well as Jacob. Jacob is a pure Diva wanna be. If I have to watch that quivering mouth much more I'm gonna puke. Casey is okay but kind of a novelty act.

Dang I'm gonna miss Pia..........

nobogey72
04-08-2011, 10:41 AM
He has Tourette syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome.

I didn't realize that.

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The ONLY descent contestant is gone.

No more eye candy.
What's the point now?

if she was on a descent, then isn't it perfectly logical that she'd be sent home?

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
When all is said and done, Pia will make 10X more money and 100X better music than any of the others. Everyone except Pia was a novelty act with a gimmick so to speak. Pia was the only true voice in the group. Not flashy or gimmicky and that is why the youth in this country didn't vote her in. In a age where music videos and Rap rule a true singer doesn't get noticied much. A major recording studio will get Pia signed and change her personna and we will have another Beyonce'. You heard it here first.

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 10:59 AM
All of the contestants can flat out sing, there is no doubt about that. It all boils down to the personalities and who deals with the pressure the best from here on out. As far as talent Pia was by far the best singer, she was very subdued as a performer but look at George Strait. He just stood up there and sang.
My guess is top three in no particular order

Lauren
James
Would have been Pia, But that has changed, now
Stefano

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
When all is said and done, Pia will make 10X more money and 100X better music than any of the others. Everyone except Pia was a novelty act with a gimmick so to speak. Pia was the only true voice in the group. Not flashy or gimmicky and that is why the youth in this country didn't vote her in. In a age where music videos and Rap rule a true singer doesn't get noticied much. A major recording studio will get Pia signed and change her personna and we will have another Beyonce'. You heard it here first. She will end up as the next Chris Daughtry and surpass the sales of the actual winner. Depending on what genre she decides to pursue. If its pop, rock or country ( doubtful) then she will definetly beat the winner but if its gospel, christian, or something like that there may not be enough of a following.
I think she would do great as a pop artist. Like Kelly Clarkson did

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Lauren reminds me too much of Pickle Tickle ( I mean Kelly Pickler). Certainly has a lot of talent but acts dumb as rocks. Not usually a bad thing in blonds but it doesn't work for her.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Lauren reminds me too much of Pickle Tickle ( I mean Kelly Pickler). Certainly has a lot of talent but acts dumb as rocks. Not usually a bad thing in blonds but it doesn't work for her.

She reminds me a lot of her too....but I see a lot of Carrie Underwood in her when she sings, which is why I think I like her so much!!

Did Lauren just turn 16 or 17? I know she recently had a birthday!

Forget it...I found out....she just turned 16. I will cut her some slack for acting a little "dumb"

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Lauren reminds me too much of Pickle Tickle ( I mean Kelly Pickler). Certainly has a lot of talent but acts dumb as rocks. Not usually a bad thing in blonds but it doesn't work for her. She is only 16, If you have or have had a 16 year old, they arent the brightest. Just saying:D

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
She reminds me a lot of her too....but I see a lot of Carrie Underwood in her when she sings, which is why I think I like her so much!!

Did Lauren just turn 16 or 17? I know she recently had a birthday!

Amazing talent for her age. She has a long career ahead of her.

Tauretts guys ("BOB SAGET"!!!) is nothing but a screamer it seems. My wife really likes him but I don't care for the screaming. Except maybe Steven Tyler.

Anyone get the "BOB SAGET" referrence? :D :D

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Did Lauren just turn 16 or 17? I know she recently had a birthday! 16 she is a little younger than my youngest son

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Amazing talent for her age. She has a long career ahead of her.

Tauretts guys ("BOB SAGET"!!!) is nothing but a screamer it seems. My wife really likes him but I don't care for the screaming. Except maybe Steven Tyler.

Anyone get the "BOB SAGET" referrence? :D :D

I got it....I tried to not to laugh!!:)

SintonFan
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by turbostud

I agree!

American Idol is USA's version of soccer as far as controlling the masses.;)

PPHSfan
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I can't stand Scotty.

Too many reasons to list.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM

I think she has pretty teeth....did I miss something??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Pia.jpg

Are you thinking of Naima Adedapo maybe??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/naima.jpg

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Naima lost me when she went African on stage! Just sayin'......

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Naima lost me when she went African on stage! Just sayin'......

I thought it was cool

AP Panther Fan
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I think she has pretty teeth....did I miss something??

Are you thinking of Naima Adedapo maybe??

[

Yes, that is the one I was thinking of. I have been watching bits and pieces of the show, but didn't get to watch the last elimination. Naima has pretty eyes, but see what I mean about the teeth.

I am guilty of just picking my favorite and not paying that much attention to the rest...well, except I can't stand the Rod Stewart guy.

BwdLion73
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
I think that Scotty has a lot of facial expressions that remind me of George Bush. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I thought it was cool

That was my favorite performance of hers!!

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes, that is the one I was thinking of. I have been watching bits and pieces of the show, but didn't get to watch the last elimination. Naima has pretty eyes, but see what I mean about the teeth.

I am guilty of just picking my favorite and not paying that much attention to the rest...well, except I can't stand the Rod Stewart guy.

Me too!! I TIVO it and listen to the start of every performance, if I like it, I watch the whole thing. Otherwise, I skip to the judges comments.

I must admit, I miss Simon this year. These kids are getting NO constructive criticism, IMO! Everyone is just being too darn nice!!!

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
One thing I did not like was Jacob basically saying if you dont vote for me it is your fault and you cant look at yourself ..imo that probably pissed alot of voters off

44INAROW
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
One thing I did not like was Jacob basically saying if you dont vote for me it is your fault and you cant look at yourself ..imo that probably pissed alot of voters off
i totally agree.......... he lost my vote for sure..............

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM

I figured he was gonna go after that!

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I thought it was cool

It was certainly different! And I guess a lot of people liked it because she went from being saved by the judges to still being in the last group.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
It was certainly different! And I guess a lot of people liked it because she went from being saved by the judges to still being in the last group.

Saved by the judges?:confused:

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Saved by the judges?:confused:

Yes! About 3 or 4 weeks ago she was voted off or was the lowest vote getter and the judges used a save on her. Or have I completely lost my mind? :eek: :eek:

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I knew I had not lost my mind completely:

"Singing a pop standard called "For All We Know," she conveyed the emotion and conviction necessary for an audience to believe that the words of a song come straight from the heart. Naima Adedapo returned to this song for her Top 24 Wildcard performance, where she was saved by the judges to move on to the Top 13. While Naima cited Donny Hathaway for "For All We Know," the song was originally performed in 1934 by Hal Kemp, and has been covered by the likes of Aretha Franklin, Barbra Streisand and Rod Stewart."

http://top40.about.com/od/americanidol/tp/american-idol-naima-adedapo-songs.htm

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes! About 3 or 4 weeks ago she was voted off or was the lowest vote getter and the judges used a save on her. Or have I completely lost my mind? :eek: :eek:

She was a wildcard into the top 13, Casey was the one and only save ( they can us it just once)

runtowin
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Had they not used it on Casey, would the judges have used it on Pia? (I believe they would have)

BwdLion73
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
:confused: :vrycnfsd:

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I knew I had not lost my mind completely:

"Singing a pop standard called "For All We Know," she conveyed the emotion and conviction necessary for an audience to believe that the words of a song come straight from the heart. Naima Adedapo returned to this song for her Top 24 Wildcard performance, where she was saved by the judges to move on to the Top 13. While Naima cited Donny Hathaway for "For All We Know," the song was originally performed in 1934 by Hal Kemp, and has been covered by the likes of Aretha Franklin, Barbra Streisand and Rod Stewart."

http://top40.about.com/od/americanidol/tp/american-idol-naima-adedapo-songs.htm

Oh okay.....she was one of the wildcard picks.

America picked the top 10 and the judges put 3 more in.

Had they not used it on Casey, would the judges have used it on Pia? (I believe they would have)

I think so too!!

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
She was a wildcard into the top 13, Casey was the one and only save ( they can us it just once)

She was told that she was going home! She was crying and snottin' up the stage something fierce and the judges used a save or some kind of judges decision to keep her. It might have been called a "Wildcard" but they allowed her to continue none-the-less.

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Had they not used it on Casey, would the judges have used it on Pia? (I believe they would have) I guarantee you they would have used it

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Oh okay.....she was one of the wildcard picks.

America picked the top 10 and the judges put 3 more in.

I think so too!!

That makes sense. Thanks.

Txbroadcaster
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
She was told that she was going home! She was crying and snottin' up the stage something fierce and the judges used a save or some kind of judges decision to keep her. It might have been called a "Wildcard" but they allowed her to continue none-the-less.

huh? Dude I was not arguing with you lol. I was just saying she was a wildcard

Ranger Mom
04-08-2011, 03:22 PM

True....I was just confused when you said they "saved" her and I knew they could only use the "save" one time, and they did on Casey.

But...I see what you are saying. I think Naima, Ashthon and Stefano were the 3 wild card picks! It seems like it has been so long ago though, I can't even really remember!!

runtowin
04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
most definitely a "wild"card

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM

I think the judges were more upset about Pia getting booted than they were about Casey when they used the save. Randy actually appeared to be pissed.

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
huh? Dude I was not arguing with you lol. I was just saying she was a wildcard

Even when we agree you bust my B****. Good man! :D :D

BwdLion73
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
She was crying and snottin' up the stage something fierce

:D :D :D :clap:

buckeyebob
04-09-2011, 05:47 AM
I just knew that my vote with the rest of the teenage boys would have kept Pia at the top. Now what do I do?

http://media.americanidol.com/photos/969/49835.jpg

GrTigers6
04-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
I just knew that my vote with the rest of the teenage boys would have kept Pia at the top. Now what do I do?

http://media.americanidol.com/photos/969/49835.jpg She shouls have won on looks alone. lol

Txbroadcaster
04-09-2011, 04:42 PM

She looks to much to me like a Jersey Shore person

STANG RED
04-09-2011, 11:00 PM
When all is said and done, Pia will make 10X more money and 100X better music than any of the others. Everyone except Pia was a novelty act with a gimmick so to speak. Pia was the only true voice in the group. Not flashy or gimmicky and that is why the youth in this country didn't vote her in. In a age where music videos and Rap rule a true singer doesn't get noticied much. A major recording studio will get Pia signed and change her personna and we will have another Beyonce'. You heard it here first.

I'm with ya Farmer. The rest of them couldnt carry Pia's mic stand. She was/IS head and shoulders above the rest, and will end up making more than all the rest of them combined. She was the only reason I was even interested in the show. No reason to watch it anymore this season.

The problem is the way they do the voting. If the voting was done on who should go, rather than who should stay, and only one vote allowed per person, Pia would won this thing hands down.

MustangFootball
04-10-2011, 10:03 AM

hell yeah she's freakin hot, she has the looks, the voice she should have won this hands down....oh well it won't be long before pia's a household name.:D

Farmersfan
04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm with ya Farmer. The rest of them couldnt carry Pia's mic stand. She was/IS head and shoulders above the rest, and will end up making more than all the rest of them combined. She was the only reason I was even interested in the show. No reason to watch it anymore this season.

The problem is the way they do the voting. If the voting was done on who should go, rather than who should stay, and only one vote allowed per person, Pia would won this thing hands down.

I think we have seen a number of favorites get voted off over the years because most people think they have it locked-up and don't think their vote is even needed. That's what happened to Pia in my opinion. Most of America felt she was so far in the lead they didn't need to vote FOR her. And I'm with you, I think we should vote on who should go and not who should stay. I wonder how much money Idol makes on the millions and millions on texts each week? :thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I think we have seen a number of favorites get voted off over the years because most people think they have it locked-up and don't think their vote is even needed. That's what happened to Pia in my opinion. Most of America felt she was so far in the lead they didn't need to vote FOR her. And I'm with you, I think we should vote on who should go and not who should stay. I wonder how much money Idol makes on the millions and millions on texts each week? :thinking: :thinking:

I can't even gripe about the voting because I don't normally watch what I have TIVO'ed until the next day...so I never vote.

I think the last time I liked a contestant enough to vote was the the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice finale...season 4, I think.

Phil C
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM

STANT you have got a good point.

RoyceTTU
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I can't even gripe about the voting because I don't normally watch what I have TIVO'ed until the next day...so I never vote.

I think the last time I liked a contestant enough to vote was the the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice finale...season 4, I think.

I still swear Bo got hosed.

But Carrie didn't turn out bad. The song that was written for Bo completely hoovered.

Farmersfan
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I still swear Bo got hosed.

But Carrie didn't turn out bad. The song that was written for Bo completely hoovered.

I still say Kelly Pickler was the best of them all...........:D :D

STANG RED
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
I wonder how much money Idol makes on the millions and millions on texts each week? :thinking: :thinking:

:eek: I never even thought about that Farmer. I think you may be on to something there.

crzyjournalist03
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
:eek: I never even thought about that Farmer. I think you may be on to something there.

They don't charge per text...that's based on your invidual cell plan, isn't it?

Ranger Mom
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Yes....and the great majority of people (especially those that vote via text) would have unlimited text anyway.

RoyceTTU
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Your correct, but you notice that there is a preferred provider. I'm sure Idol sales that spot for a hefty chunk

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes....and the great majority of people (especially those that vote via text) would have unlimited text anyway.

I always thought there was a specified "fee" associated with the text vote. I am sure Idol makes a mint and thus the reason we can't vote someone off rather than having to vote to keep them on. I've never voted, but have always been suspicious of the true reason not to reverse the process.

I know, I am cynical.:cool:

Bullaholic
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I always thought there was a specified "fee" associated with the text vote. I am sure Idol makes a mint and thus the reason we can't vote someone off rather than having to vote to keep them on. I've never voted, but have always been suspicious of the true reason not to reverse the process.

I know, I am cynical.:cool:

I've always been cynical about this process, AP. I don't think the vote is even considered---I think it is the producers who manipulate eveything on the show from participants to "sudden" scripted controversies to get max ratings. If they get any contestant who is perceived to be a "locK', they always find a way for such a person to "mess up" badly, or get booted in order for viewers not to lose interest becasue they think things are already won by the frontrunner.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've always been cynical about this process, AP. I don't think the vote is even considered---I think it is the producers who manipulate eveything on the show from participants to "sudden" scripted controversies to get max ratings. If they get any contestant who is perceived to be a "locK', they always find a way for such a person to "mess up" badly, or get booted in order for viewers not to lose interest becasue they think things are already won by the frontrunner.

lol....and I thought I was a negative nancy!:D

Bullaholic
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
lol....and I thought I was a negative nancy!:D

Not negative---just a realist. You being a banker know that he who has the gold makes the rules, and when you are talking a great big pile of gold the size of a top-rated TV show---the more they don't take any chances losing any of their gold.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Not negative---just a realist. You being a banker know that he who has the gold makes the rules, and when you are talking a great big pile of gold the size of a top-rated TV show---the more they don't take any chances losing any of their gold.

Yep, reality tv is much like politics....heck, I bet even the less popular shows (take your pick) are manipulated for the sake of ratings.

Txbroadcaster
04-11-2011, 05:31 PM

I agree about the producers having a hand in these type show..back in season two of Last Comic Standing they even aired the controversy when the judges ( drew Carey was one) got pissed when the people they advaced thru were not picked because in the end the producers had a greater say

in saying that, I dont think Idol would do that with front runners...if a front runner is booted you risk alot of people turning off the show for the rest of the season.

I think Pia was one of those people either loved her or did not care for her and so if those who were big fans did not vote alot in a paticular week she risked going home because she did not have alot of fans who might one week vote for her if her performance was amazing.

Seacrest once said it is not about getting your fans to vote for you to win, it is about getting those who vote week to week different singers depending on who performed the best that week

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Text messaging voting is available to AT&T customers ONLY! I can promise you Idol has a kickback deal with AT&T and also gets a portion of the money generated by other voting procedures. This would explain why the program is set up for everyone to vote for their contestant instead of against others. If they allowed fans to vote the bad one off the show then a really bad performance would generate a ton of votes and the other dozen good performances would generate very little.

http://www.americanidol.com/faq/

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Text messaging voting is available to AT&T customers ONLY! I can promise you Idol has a kickback deal with AT&T and also gets a portion of the money generated by other voting procedures. This would explain why the program is set up for everyone to vote for their contestant instead of against others. If they allowed fans to vote the bad one off the show then a really bad performance would generate a ton of votes and the other dozen good performances would generate very little.

that is the same with all of the voting shows, they get a cell phone carrier to work out a deal..I doubt they get kick backs other than ad revenue.

Ranger Mom
04-12-2011, 08:59 AM

I'm with you, AT&T is a sponsor and I bet they get some kind of big profit from the show.

That being said, I think it's ridiculous that people (namely "teeny boppers") are able to vote over and over and over again. I think there should be a limit how many votes can come from one phone number. But then that would put a huge dent in Secrest getting to say, "we received an astounding 52 million votes last night....".

Growing up in a family where almost everyone sang, I just like watching the people sing. I usually have my favorites, and they are seldom the best ones..vocal wise.

buckeyebob
04-13-2011, 05:59 AM
I heard that the show was entertainining the idea of a new way of eleimination since the Pia affair...America will vote as usual and the final three would be announced...the judges would then decide who would go from the group. Sounds pretty resonable to me.
Of course when I take over as Ruler of the World, I will make the decision.

Ranger Mom
04-13-2011, 06:12 AM
I heard that the show was entertainining the idea of a new way of eleimination since the Pia affair...America will vote as usual and the final three would be announced...the judges would then decide who would go from the group. Sounds pretty resonable to me.
Of course when I take over as Ruler of the World, I will make the decision.

Will they then change the name to Judge's Idol?? That's what it will be!!

Farmersfan
04-13-2011, 07:36 AM

That's true. If we remember correctly it seems that Simon very rarely got it right. (or at least agreed with America). I don't think it would be better for the judges to decide in the finals but it also isn't right for a million teenage girls to vote 52 times each.

Txbroadcaster
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM

That is how So you think you can dance does it and the exec producer of that show is exec producer of Idol.

Ranger Mom
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
That's true. If we remember correctly it seems that Simon very rarely got it right. (or at least agreed with America). I don't think it would be better for the judges to decide in the finals but it also isn't right for a million teenage girls to vote 52 times each.

Oh....I bet they vote WAY more than that! I remember seeing my niece program Kris Allen's number into her phone multiple times and sending multiple texts at once....all to the same number. I bet she got at least a couple of thousand votes in that night....and that wasn't even voting the entire 4 hours.

That is how So you think you can dance does it and the exec producer of that show is exec producer of Idol.

I have no problem with it...it's just not "American" Idol anymore if America is not the one who chooses them, IMO!

Pia wasn't one of my favorites, so I'm not upset about how it ended up with her anyway.