PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming?

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I could be wrong but doesn't it seem that the wind has been blowing non-stop for over a month now? I know the old saying about March winds bring April showers which allow May flowers yadda, yadda, yadda! But it seems to me that the wind has been stronger and more consistent this season than I remember in the past. My fishing activities have taken a huge hit this past month because of it.
What do you think? Should I go ahead and send this donation to Al Gore or should I wait for more proof? :eek: :eek:

garciap77
04-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I could be wrong but doesn't it seem that the wind has been blowing non-stop for over a month now? I know the old saying about March winds bring April showers which allow May flowers yadda, yadda, yadda! But it seems to me that the wind has been stronger and more consistent this season than I remember in the past. My fishing activities have taken a huge hit this past month because of it.
What do you think? Should I go ahead and send this donation to Al Gore or should I wait for more proof? :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

MJMbrahmas10
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
It's hopeless to stop global warming. They say we would have to cut down emmisions 80 percent. So no we will all die one day

Cam
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I know global warming is real....even after I shower and hit the sack, I wake up in the middle of the night and my scrot is stickin' to my legs! Never used to do that...it's just gettin' hotter....and stickier....and if I ask my wife for a little hand, she just turns over...never used to do that either!...
It's time Hane's or Fruit-of-the-Loom invent some underwear with a little teflon on em'....hey, that stuff works...ever see your huevos stick on your teflon fryin' pan??

Blastoderm55
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cam
I know global warming is real....even after I shower and hit the sack, I wake up in the middle of the night and my scrot is stickin' to my legs! Never used to do that...it's just gettin' hotter....and stickier....and if I ask my wife for a little hand, she just turns over...never used to do that either!...
It's time Hane's or Fruit-of-the-Loom invent some underwear with a little teflon on em'....hey, that stuff works...ever see your huevos stick on your teflon fryin' pan??

Try rinsing off the soap before you get out of the shower.

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cam

dude...turn on your A/C. Sure, it might make MORE emissions and speed up global warming, but so long as you've got an air conditioner, what's the big deal anyway? :stirpot: :taunt:

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Cam

That clinches it! Sticky scrot is certainly proof enough for me....

GrTigers6
04-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Global Warming is the biggest hoax the epa ever come up with. If there was global warming than why are a lot of the records set back in the early 1900's. or even earlier because they didnt keep records much earlier than that. Epa just needed a cause to get the public to buy in.
Just my opinion for what it's worth.:D:stirpot:

STANG RED
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
In west Texas we are used to the wind blowing like this almost every day, all spring long. Seems about the same as always to me. I bet it'll be hot this summer, cooler next fall, and even cooler still next winter. Always has been, always will be. ;)

We sure could use some rain though.

SintonFan
04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
This whole decade will be cooler than average. Less heat from the sun.:nerd:

UPanIN
04-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Send your money now. Algore needs a new boat.

Cam
04-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Try rinsing off the soap before you get out of the shower.

LOL! Darn, that's it! It's that new body wash stuff my son bought and I decided to try.....didn't know you were supposed to use with water!....

Nice website! And your lady is muy beautiful! How did YOU manage that!!!:D

Black_Magic
04-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Global Warming is the biggest hoax the epa ever come up with. If there was global warming than why are a lot of the records set back in the early 1900's. or even earlier because they didnt keep records much earlier than that. Epa just needed a cause to get the public to buy in.
Just my opinion for what it's worth.:D:stirpot: well to argue if its happening is just silly. sure its happening. data is data and the numbers are factual. That leaves ONLY the Reasons and or the solution to be debated.
http://globalwarming.com/wp-content/uploads/Globalstats1.jpg

DDBooger
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
well to argue if its happening is just silly. sure its happening. data is data and the numbers are factual. That leaves ONLY the Reasons and or the solution to be debated.
LOL funny thing about this is the new congress called upon some very bright science skeptics funded partially by Koch money and supported by Skeptics globally to finally settle the argument. We're talking hard production science (physics etc). Guess what they found?
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2011/03/climate_change

Blastoderm55
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Cam
LOL! Darn, that's it! It's that new body wash stuff my son bought and I decided to try.....didn't know you were supposed to use with water!....

Nice website! And your lady is muy beautiful! How did YOU manage that!!!:D

Snagged her before she knew better. :D

Farmersfan
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Snagged her before she knew better. :D

Please tell me you resisted the "Wedding Website" at least for a little while before you finally agreed?

sahen
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
well to argue if its happening is just silly. sure its happening. data is data and the numbers are factual. That leaves ONLY the Reasons and or the solution to be debated.

i am a scientist....120 years out of the Earth's billions of years of existance is what we call insignificant data....if this were any other science but climate science and you only showed 120 data points for what there is potentially over 3 billion you would be laughed out of the room and maybe even be accused of fudging the data...

basically, i am saying we need the rest of the chart...

in other Global Warming news today, Global Warming will be causing fewer hurricanes now:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/04/fewer-cylones-with-climate-cha.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

compare that to the study a few years ago that claimed Global Warming will be causing more hurricanes:
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurricane/2007-07-29-more-hurricanes_N.htm

:confused: :rolleyes: :doh:

garciap77
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Cam

:eek: :eek: :eek: huevos :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old LB
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Cam

My question has always been how do they get the non-stick material to stick to the pan? :confused:

garciap77
04-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Just my opinion for what it's worth.:D:stirpot:

I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/al-gore-global-warming.jpg
;)

garciap77
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
In west Texas we are used to the wind blowing like this almost every day, all spring long. Seems about the same as always to me. I bet it'll be hot this summer, cooler next fall, and even cooler still next winter. Always has been, always will be. ;)

We sure could use some rain though.

It's was so hot this weather we had to call the A/C man out:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_81823adl-1.jpg

;)

Blastoderm55
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Please tell me you resisted the "Wedding Website" at least for a little while before you finally agreed?

Didn't know it was up until it was done. :)

BILLYFRED0000
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i am a scientist....120 years out of the Earth's billions of years of existance is what we call insignificant data....if this were any other science but climate science and you only showed 120 data points for what there is potentially over 3 billion you would be laughed out of the room and maybe even be accused of fudging the data...

basically, i am saying we need the rest of the chart...

in other Global Warming news today, Global Warming will be causing fewer hurricanes now:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/04/fewer-cylones-with-climate-cha.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

compare that to the study a few years ago that claimed Global Warming will be causing more hurricanes:
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurricane/2007-07-29-more-hurricanes_N.htm

:confused: :rolleyes: :doh:

This is what I have always said. Also the premise that somehow global warming is harmful. There is no way to prove the future in any stretch. Maybe we warm up but that is not necessarily a bad thing and that is the one arguement that has ever been challenged.

pero chato
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Cam

Whenever I ask my wife for a little hand, she tells me to use my own - which she has cleverly named Handgolina Jolie.

Cam
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Whenever I ask my wife for a little hand, she tells me to use my own - which she has cleverly named Handgolina Jolie.

LOL! Your wife knows she married a handy-man for sure...

LIONS#1
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I notice every morning I get up that the sun never fails to come up and warm the Globe!! LMAO This winter sure was cold...:nerd:

Pendragon13
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
My question has always been how do they get the non-stick material to stick to the pan? :confused: You don't want to know...and for that matter what exactly is teflon and what guarantee do we have that tiny flakes aren't getting into our food?:eek:

Reds fan
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM

LOL, barely a blip on the radar screen, where's the rest of the billions of years of data?

sahen
04-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
You don't want to know...and for that matter what exactly is teflon and what guarantee do we have that tiny flakes aren't getting into our food?:eek:

polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE....it is just a type of plastic...

if your getting sick a lot after eating in a nonstick pan then your probably eating teflon...you should either buy a new nonstick pan or buy a regular pan that doesnt have a teflon coat...normal cooking conditions should not denature or melt the teflon as it has a high melting/denature point but use over time can cause the teflon to wear out and be scraped...it shouldnt kill you but who knows if you eat a lot, just replace the pot if your getting sick after eating and you should be fine...

SintonFan
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM

lol
Now you are hiding behind data, provided by a source, that has been caught "fudging" data to support their own profit margin(have you checked the "revised non-political data?").
Funny how you leftist cry all night long about corporations making money...
but strangely enough, scream that there should be a trillion dollar tax on carbon emissions and hurting jobs(it is happening now). The funds collected, will then support more leftist programs and perpetuate more lying leftist causes.
Your leftist side has NO SHAME.:hand:

buckeyebob
04-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
Now you are hiding behind data, provided by a source, that has been caught "fudging" data to support their own profit margin(have you checked the "revised non-political data?").
Funny how you leftist cry all night long about corporations making money...
but strangely enough, scream that there should be a trillion dollar tax on carbon emissions and hurting jobs(it is happening now). The funds collected, will then support more leftist programs and perpetuate more lying leftist causes.
Your leftist side has NO SHAME.:hand:

:clap: :clap: :clap: