PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barnes - Texas Basketball

Old Tiger
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
If they are not in the final 4 next year or in the finals then IMO Texas needs to can this guy.

trojandad
04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
If they are not in the final 4 next year or in the finals then IMO Texas needs to can this guy.

you really think they will? as long as he stays clean with the ncaa, i'd be surprised if they don't deal with him as they did with conradt and just let him do his thing, as long as he keeps bringing home the bucks....

Old Tiger
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
you really think they will? as long as he stays clean with the ncaa, i'd be surprised if they don't deal with him as they did with conradt and just let him do his thing, as long as he keeps bringing home the bucks.... Yes...with the talent they have coming back next year. I've been saying for years that Rick Barnes got the basketball program as far as he can and he consistently gets out coached come tourney time.

RoyceTTU
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Yes...with the talent they have coming back next year. I've been saying for years that Rick Barnes got the basketball program as far as he can and he consistently gets out coached come tourney time.

I don't have a dog in the fight but it could be argued that the talent comes to UT because of his efforts. Without him, the talent wouldn't be there.

trojandad
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
i completely agree with you about him not being a tourney coach, just saying that UT doesn't seem to let go of loyal coaches who have a level of success, at least the coaches outside of football.....conradt had teams ranked #1 for years, but only won it all once, yet they kept her on, even after loosing swoopes to tech from a personality spat with her....

my bet is as long as he keeps his nose clean in recruiting, they'll take the steady sweet 16 appearance with the once a decade final four appearance....

injuredinmelee
04-06-2011, 04:42 PM
His teams lack mental toughness and focus and fall apart late in the season. To me this means most of the season is spent running on emotion and when the wear and tear gets to the players poor coaching starts to rear its ugly head.