PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Question

Old Tiger
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
What is the catch to the buy it back thing they are doing if you purchase something and a new product comes out? What are the details to this deal?

My phone is on its final leg and its not looking to optimistic for its state. I'm thinking of getting an iphone 4 here soon but if the iphone 5 comes out will best buy work for me?

RoyceTTU
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
What is the catch to the buy it back thing they are doing if you purchase something and a new product comes out? What are the details to this deal?

My phone is on its final leg and its not looking to optimistic for its state. I'm thinking of getting an iphone 4 here soon but if the iphone 5 comes out will best buy work for me?

You could consider a refurb from ATT or whever that way your not so invested.

As for bestbuy, i have no idea

Ernest T Bass
04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
You pay $30 for the service.

Emerson1
04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Doubtful.

You would be better off selling your i4 online. I would really doubt if Best Buy gave you more then $100 for it.

This is the company that sells a $250 4' hdmi cable.

Ernest T Bass
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Best Buy Buy Back (http://www.bestbuy.com/sb11/buyback.html)

Old Tiger
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Best Buy Buy Back (http://www.bestbuy.com/sb11/buyback.html) sounds like you have to purchase through best buy....and if it comes out this summer i would lose 50% value

Ernest T Bass
04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
sounds like you have to purchase through best buy

As opposed to what?

Old Tiger
04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
As opposed to what? going direct but after researching its the same price....I don't want a 254 area code though so I will probably just purchase online and use a zip code so that I can get a 512.

Tx Challenge
04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
going direct but after researching its the same price....I don't want a 254 area code though so I will probably just purchase online and use a zip code so that I can get a 512.

As far as the area code thing, I thought you could get whatever you want. Ever heard of google voice? I have still got my 512 area code, and my google is 424 which is Ca. I can call, txt from either. Still I think you can get whatever area code you want. My wife has had a 310 area code for several years and we are on the same plan.

Pendragon13
04-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I'll just say this...BB won't lose a dime with this deal and actually can expect a good profit if the program gets popular. Need I say more?;)

PPHSfan
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
going direct but after researching its the same price....I don't want a 254 area code though so I will probably just purchase online and use a zip code so that I can get a 512.

Remember the Seinfeld 212 area code episode? "Grandma, is that you?"

bobcat1
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

My phone is on its final leg and its not looking to optimistic for its state. I'm thinking of getting an iphone 4 here soon but if the iphone 5 comes out will best buy work for me? You don't need a phone. No one is gonna call you. :p

Bull's-eye
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I found out that Best Buy sells some of the same products online at a cheaper price. Went to buy the iPod touch for my daughter, the store price was about $30 higher than the online price. The salesperson told me I would have to order online to get that price. He took me to one of their computers to place the order and then I had to go to customer pickup to receive my purchase. Went back to get a FM transmitter ($69 at the store), but online for $49. Beware of purchasing items until you check the online price!

crzyjournalist03
04-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I found out that Best Buy sells some of the same products online at a cheaper price. Went to buy the iPod touch for my daughter, the store price was about $30 higher than the online price. The salesperson told me I would have to order online to get that price. He took me to one of their computers to place the order and then I had to go to customer pickup to receive my purchase. Went back to get a FM transmitter ($69 at the store), but online for $49. Beware of purchasing items until you check the online price!

:confused:

You may want to show them their own price match policy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Best-Buy-Retail-Store-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

it clearly states they'll match their own website.

PPHSfan
04-06-2011, 11:59 PM
The best way to shop Best-Buy is over the phone.

Seriously, just call the store and select sales. The person will literally walk the store for you, text you pics, make your purchase and have your item waiting for you, or ship it to you.
It's like having your own personal assistant.

SintonFan
04-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:confused:

You may want to show them their own price match policy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Best-Buy-Retail-Store-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

it clearly states they'll match their own website.

Walmart.com doesn't honor their own online price...:nerd:
At least that's what the manager told me.

SintonFan
04-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The best way to shop Best-Buy is over the phone.

Seriously, just call the store and select sales. The person will literally walk the store for you, text you pics, make your purchase and have your item waiting for you, or ship it to you.
It's like having your own personal assistant.

Must be better up there in Dallas. Down here, it's hard to get the rep off the phone with their girlfriend(both ways, upside down).:eek:

PPHSfan
04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Must be better up there in Dallas. Down here, it's hard to get the rep off the phone with their girlfriend(both ways, upside down).:eek:

I call the one in Ft. Worth on Hulen all the time. The kid does everything for me, and has a great attitude. He literally walks the store for me and does my shopping. I'm going to have to put him on my Christmas tip list. Lol.