PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Now 5-0

Txbroadcaster
04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
If they can get the 3-4-5 starter to throw just close to the level they did the first thru the rotation the Rangers might just run away from everyone in the West

Bullpen still a concern

Rangers have hit 3 two out run scoring triples in just 34 innings

CenTexSports
04-06-2011, 10:53 AM
This is the most unusual team I have ever seen. Except for the players at 2nd, 3rd, and SS, all position players can play at least one other position at a high major league level. This includes three or four top subs.

Most teams have one utility player that is serviceable at several positions but not necessarily exceptional.

Young - any infield position
Napoli - Catcher/1st
Hamilton - any outfield position
Moreland - 1st and left or right field
Murphy - any outfield position
Cruz - left or right field and I think he would be OK in center

This also carries over to the batting order where they have several guys that can bat anywhere and be productive. ie: Kinsler can bat 1 thru 6 and be productive.

I am excited about this year.

Bearkat
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
This is the most unusual team I have ever seen. Except for the players at 2nd, 3rd, and SS, all position players can play at least one other position at a high major league level. This includes three or four top subs.

Most teams have one utility player that is serviceable at several positions but not necessarily exceptional.

Young - any infield position
Napoli - Catcher/1st
Hamilton - any outfield position
Moreland - 1st and left or right field
Murphy - any outfield position
Cruz - left or right field and I think he would be OK in center

This also carries over to the batting order where they have several guys that can bat anywhere and be productive. ie: Kinsler can bat 1 thru 6 and be productive.

I am excited about this year.

I agree 100%. Should be another fun season for us RANGERS fans!!!

Trashman
04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If they can get the 3-4-5 starter to throw just close to the level they did the first thru the rotation the Rangers might just run away from everyone in the West

Bullpen still a concern

Rangers have hit 3 two out run scoring triples in just 34 innings

Scary huh? I don't get to carried away till after the all-star break.:thinking:

GrTigers6
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
If the young pitching staff can continue to improve then they will be fine. They have the offensive weapons to score lots of runs. SO far in 5 games they havent scored less than 3. and a total of 35 runs with 46 hits
Thats an average of 7 runs a game
and an average 9.2 hits per game.
Both stats are leading MLB

coach
04-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I agree 100%. Should be another fun season for us RANGERS fans!!!

What scares me is the pitching. The first four pitchers three over 100 pitches and didn't get passed the 7th. Them ogando who pitched great threw 90 last night. At this rate their arms will be dead by July. They need one axe and they will be tough to beat.maybe grienke or Felix athe trade deadline will suffice

GrTigers6
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM
They hardly ever pitch long games at the begining of the season. plus if Cj didnt have to pitch all those extra pitches because of Bourbons error he may have made it another inning or so.
A little tweaking here and there and keep mixing them up well and I think they will be fine