PDA

View Full Version : Kuhlmann leaves Industrial for San Angelo Lake View

44INAROW
04-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Doug Kuhlmann is familiar with San Angelo.

Kuhlmann played quarterback at Angelo State and began his coaching career as an assistant at San Angelo Lake View.

Kuhlmann will return to San Angelo as the head football coach at Lake View after stepping down as the athletic director and head football coach at Industrial.

Kuhlmann submitted his resignation at Class 2A, Division I Industrial on Monday and will begin work at Class 4A Lake View on Tuesday.

LINK (http://www.advosports.com/news/2011/apr/04/mf_kuhlmann_040511_135135/)

Ernest T Bass
04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Best of luck to him. He'll need it.

Sweetwater Red
04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Best of luck to him. He'll need it.

Agreed. For some reason Central and Lakeview have always struggled in football. My guess is
that it is the talent pool. We played down there back it 2005 and it was like playing a 1A
school and I'm not exaggerating. They had the numbers. But, zero skill position players.

bwdlionfan
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Agreed. For some reason Central and Lakeview have always struggled in football. My guess is
that it is the talent pool. We played down there back it 2005 and it was like playing a 1A
school and I'm not exaggerating. They had the numbers. But, zero skill position players.

Lakeview has been really bad since I can remember. The year Brownwood went 1-8-1 back in the mid 90s our one tie was against Lakeview... I think they may have even made the playoffs that year.... but they still couldn't beat us. The one win was against Joshua.

Ernest T Bass
04-05-2011, 07:55 PM
If they consolidated the schools, or at least redrew the lines to make both schools 4a, or let LV drop to 3a then they could both at least compete(with Central having the potential to be really good in 4a).