PDA

View Full Version : National Championship

sTxforlife
04-04-2011, 10:00 PM
So boring!! This has got to be the worst basketball game i have ever seen in my life!

coach
04-04-2011, 10:32 PM
all these ppl that wanted upsets......thats why upsets are overrated

DUKE22
04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
all these ppl that wanted upsets......thats why upsets are overrated I agree 100%. Butler was a good team that got hot, not a great team and that is what happens. Whether you like the BCS or not it does guarantee two great teams playing in the championship.

trojandad
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I agree 100%. Butler was a good team that got hot, not a great team and that is what happens. Whether you like the BCS or not it does guarantee two great teams playing in the championship.

99 - fl state 46 - virginia tech 29
01 - miami 37 - nebraska 14
04 - usc 55 - oklahoma 19
06 - florida 41 - ohio state 14

nobody tonight was doubled in score, even as cold as they shot.....bcs has had its lousy matchings....

cr180t
04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I agree 100%. Butler was a good team that got hot, not a great team and that is what happens. Whether you like the BCS or not it does guarantee two great teams playing in the championship.

The only thing I enjoyed was the fact dUKE was not there!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PPHSfan
04-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Pretty sure the women coulda hung with either team.

trojandad
04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
reminded me of the 84 semifinal game between kentucky (sam bowie) and georgetown (ewing), kentucky was up 29-22 at half, then scored 11 points the second half, only hitting 3 fg's, just went ice cold.....lost 53 - 40 but it wasn't even that close....am still a big fan of butler's coach.....

jason
04-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Pretty sure the women coulda hung with either team. that's the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, what are you thinking? girls beat the boys? HA....

why don't go live in oklahoma you animal food trough cleaner.....

Bullaholic
04-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Unlike football, I don't think there are many BB fans who like to see a lot of good "D" by teams---they would rather see teams that trade baskets every few seconds and have a buzzer beater to win it all. Last night was far from such a game.

Ernest T Bass
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Unlike football, I don't think there are many BB fans who like to see a lot of good "D" by teams---they would rather see teams that trade baskets every few seconds and have a buzzer beater to win it all. Last night was far from such a game.

Back in the Krunk Train days, I implimented the Bass Stack defense that became a staple at the Krunk Dome.
Simply stack all 5 players in the paint and do not allow an offensive player inside. We held many teams to single digit scores.

DUKE22
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
99 - fl state 46 - virginia tech 29
01 - miami 37 - nebraska 14
04 - usc 55 - oklahoma 19
06 - florida 41 - ohio state 14

nobody tonight was doubled in score, even as cold as they shot.....bcs has had its lousy matchings.... I agree the BCS has not always produced the great game. I am just saying those upsets are fun to watch early in the tourney, but later when momentum wears off those teams struggle. Look at George Mason a few years ago they looked amazing beating UCONN and could not stay on the floor with FLORIDA. I love the tourney and it does crown a champion the BCS however gives you the matchup you want to see more often than not.

DUKE22
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
The only thing I enjoyed was the fact dUKE was not there!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Yeah after 11 final fours and 4 National titles in 25 years you tend to get tired of them dont you.

Antec
04-05-2011, 10:56 AM
WWE Monday Night Raw was more entertaining

Cam
04-05-2011, 11:01 AM
there was a basketball game last night??? I was watchin' Wild Russia.......

waterboy
04-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I was watching the Rangers when I got home. I checked in on the NC game during commercials. The Rangers game was definitely more exciting from my point of view.

coach
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

When james a naismith invented basketball that's what his vision was. a fast paced game that had a lot of scoring. thats why i like to watch teams like duke, unc, texas etc.

now i love to watch great defensive play but i like to see d played like missouri plays or texas atm women play. team like atm boys and butler play great d but they don't trap or go for steals. they keep the man in front of you and force contested shots and that can make a game drag a little b it

BaseballUmp
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I watched Fantasy Factory on MTV.

Big Black is back!!!

NastySlot
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
When james a naismith invented basketball that's what his vision was. a fast paced game that had a lot of scoring. thats why i like to watch teams like duke, unc, texas etc.

now i love to watch great defensive play but i like to see d played like missouri plays or texas atm women play. team like atm boys and butler play great d but they don't trap or go for steals. they keep the man in front of you and force contested shots and that can make a game drag a little b it

really I thought he just needed an indoor sport for the winter time...hard to have a fast paced game when you gotta get the ball out of peach basket with a bottom.

volleyball was invented because the game of basketball was becoming too fast paced.............funny now.

Old Dog
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm sure most of you BB historians recall that in the "olden days" there was a center court jump after each basket was made and also a jump after any tie ball. It only took a good Center to control a game, and it was a technical to dunk. I remember my Dad telling how only the larger schools had gyms and most played outside on a gravel court. He had lots of knee scars to prove it. 20 points was considered a high scoring game.............my it has changed!

coach
04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
really I thought he just needed an indoor sport for the winter time...hard to have a fast paced game when you gotta get the ball out of peach basket with a bottom.

volleyball was invented because the game of basketball was becoming too fast paced.............funny now.

You are correct. But he also envisioned a fast paced game. There was also no dribbling. Others came along and modified the game. But he wanted it to be a faster pace. He just needed help accomplishing that. He also was a key inventor if the helmet in football.

BEAST
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
You are correct. But he also envisioned a fast paced game. There was also no dribbling. Others came along and modified the game. But he wanted it to be a faster pace. He just needed help accomplishing that. He also was a key inventor if the helmet in football.

So it was a mix between basketball and soccer?

BEAST

coach
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
So it was a mix between basketball and soccer?

BEAST

where did you get soccer out of that?

BEAST
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
where did you get soccer out of that?

Basketball - running without dribbling. Passing and scoring then a jump ball after every score.

Soccer - running (and kicking). Passing and scoring then a kickoff after every score. In soccer a kickoff isnt that big of a deal. Similar to the jumpball.

BEAST

PPHSfan
04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by jason
that's the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, what are you thinking? girls beat the boys? HA....

why don't go live in oklahoma you animal food trough cleaner.....

Jason made me laugh.

DDBooger
04-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I didn't know if anyone else caught this in the game...gave me a chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PbB7CZz6Q