PDA

View Full Version : Selena- 16 Years Ago

Bullaholic
04-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Thursday, March 31, was the 16th aniiversary of the death of Selena, who was an extraordinary entertainer. I still listen to her music.
I think she would have become the Hispanic Madonna, had she lived.

Anybody from the Coastal Bend ever know her, since she was from Corpus Christi?

SWMustang
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I think she became much more legendary in death than she ever would have been alive.

Blastoderm55
04-04-2011, 11:08 AM
She died at 23 and left a tremendous body of work. With the support she had in Texas and impending move to English language music, the sky was the limit.

Bullaholic
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
The girl could flat sing---and I understand that she did not speak Spanish fluently until after she was 18.

Amor Prohibido- Selena (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfZ95ueOcQ)

Ernest T Bass
04-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
a tremendous body

She definitely had one of those!!:inlove:

Antec
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I met her once at Mosquito Festival in Clute when she played-She was very young back then

K-MAC Chuck
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I had a friend of mine in SA who knew her.. I got to meet her a couple of times..

BTW, I remember that night incredibly clear. March 31st is my birthday, and I was on my way to a b-day get-together with a buddy of mine in SA when we heard the news on the radio. I had to pull the car off the road because the news just devastated the both of us.

I think about her every year - tragic, tragic loss, too early in her life for her to go...

trojandad
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
sure makes you wonder what was said that night in the motel....i mean the yolanda woman was obviously off her rocker, but to chase selena with a gun?? must have been some tough words that transpired....selena's dad has been hushed about what he told selena to tell her, but he was known to be a pretty tough taskmaster.....i bet he wishes he hadn't counseled his daughter to be so rough.......very sad, either way......