PDA

View Full Version : Busy Nights & Weekends

Bullaholic
04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I've got a grandson playing select and rec ball and a granddaughter playing softball. My wife and I try to make all the games we can, but we sure are keeping busy and neither of us moves near as fast as we used to move. :D

waterboy
04-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I know what you mean, except for the grandparent part!:D My youngest daughter has softball games, softball practice, and gymnastics. My oldest daughter has gymnastics, track, and track practice. Needless to say, along with everything else we stay very busy.

nobogey72
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
This weekend was the 4th in a row that we've driven the 200 miles to Dallas area for club volleyball tournaments. She threw the discus at 9:00 Saturday morning (and I made her take all her throws in a row) then drove to Dallas for a 1:30 first volleyball match. It's kindof hectic but I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. In fact I had a free ticket to the Master's practice round today, but had to decline cause I didn't want to miss her volleyball tournament yesterday. Ain't happening.

Bullaholic
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I know what you mean, except for the grandparent part!:D My youngest daughter has softball games, softball practice, and gymnastics. My oldest daughter has gymnastics, track, and track practice. Needless to say, along with everything else we stay very busy.

You watch---one of these mamas will put up a killer schedule that will make both of us look like we're on vacation---I don't know how moms do it.

NastySlot
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

cherish it...my daughter started playing softball when she was six...have traveled a lot for tourneys, pitching lessons and camps......if we don't take care of business the next few weeks It will all be over.............and I will miss watching her play...............I am really going to cry when she leaves for college next fall....I will be so lost.

It was hard watching her final cc meet at regionals and the last basketball game....but softball has been special for her and me.

I will never forget the journey.

nobogey72
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You watch---one of these mamas will put up a killer schedule that will make both of us look like we're on vacation---I don't know how moms do it.

Women have more stamina, and in my opinion, it's because they have that extra layer of stored carbs:eek: :D

waterboy
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
cherish it...my daughter started playing softball when she was six...have traveled a lot for tourneys, pitching lessons and camps......if we don't take care of business the next few weeks It will all be over.............and I will miss watching her play...............I am really going to cry when she leaves for college next fall....I will be so lost.

It was hard watching her final cc meet at regionals and the last basketball game....but softball has been special for her and me.

I will never forget the journey.
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely enjoying and cherishing every moment of it! I'm even helping coach her softball team. She's a real chip off the ol' block, too. My wife tells me all the time she's "just like" me.:D Don't know whether that's a good thing or not.:doh: She really is an awesome player in her age group. Oh, she does take pitching lessons, too. She was picked to play select ball last year, but the softball association never entered anything.:( I know she really enjoys it, and that's what it's all about. My oldest didn't get into the youth softball thing, but she played in a summer league last year. She plays volleyball, basketball, and runs track. It makes it hard to get my "honey do" list done, but I'm not complaining.... ;)

Ranger Mom
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I remember those days. Baseball/T-ball season was the worst/best...depending on how you look at it!!

When we got married, we went to the JP and went and ate and headed back up to the field because all 5 kids had a game...at the same time.

Friends got together and decorated the dug-out where my husband was coaching his game. I was back and forth between all the games.

That night our friends threw a party and sent us to the Honeymoon Suite at the Hilton. We had to hop up and leave early, because once again, all 5 kids had a game the next morning at 9:00.

We drove by the little league field this weekend and saw all the people sweltering out there. I told my hubb ythat it was fun while it was going on....but I don't think I miss it.

I am sure when my grandkids get to that age, I will be right back in it though!

NastySlot
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I remember those days. Baseball/T-ball season was the worst/best...depending on how you look at it!!

When we got married, we went to the JP and went and ate and headed back up to the field because all 5 kids had a game...at the same time.

Friends got together and decorated the dug-out where my husband was coaching his game. I was back and forth between all the games.

That night our friends threw a party and sent us to the Honeymoon Suite at the Hilton. We had to hop up and leave early, because once again, all 5 kids had a game the next morning at 9:00.

We drove by the little league field this weekend and saw all the people sweltering out there. I told my hubb ythat it was fun while it was going on....but I don't think I miss it.

I am sure when my grandkids get to that age, I will be right back in it though!

I got married over spring break at the JP.....married at two quick lunch out with her kids and my daughters....and practice at 4:00...and back to practice the next morning.

honeymoon is a week this summer in Boston....i'm lucky she loves sports...so Fenway here we come.

BEAST
04-04-2011, 11:43 AM
This is what we have for our 3 boys.

Oldest, practice from 6:00 to 7:00 Monday and Thursday
Middle, practice from 5:30 to 6:30 Monday and Thursday
Youngest, practice from 5:30 to 6:30 Monday and Tuesday

Then all 3 have games on Saturdays.

That is just for soccer.

Then there is summer track, and other sports. It never ends. It is a blast watching them compete though.

BEAST

Rabid Cougar
04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Friday night football games then College games the next day with with road games in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Alabama.
Football life is good but praying for night games!

44INAROW
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've got a grandson playing select and rec ball and a granddaughter playing softball. My wife and I try to make all the games we can, but we sure are keeping busy and neither of us moves near as fast as we used to move. :D

totally relating here.... our 10 year old granddaughter is playing softball........ this is the 1st year she's played and she is on a 10, 11 and 12 year old team, so at the moment she's getting the "required" 3 outs and 1 at bat lol but she's catching on. Wish I had logged the hours spent at the little league field, between my 3 boys and now the granddaughters :)