PDA

View Full Version : Hey Black Magic & Ex-tiger 2005

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Did y'all ever get a chance to meet this guy? (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/montgomery_giles00.html)

If not you will in a few weeks and so will Sonny Cumbie. :devil:

nobogey72
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I met him one year when he was throwing the discus at the Bulldog Relays. I remember him being a very nice polite kid. He probably weighed 210 or 220. I couldn't believe how big he ended up getting at TCU

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I met him one year when he was throwing the discus at the Bulldog Relays. I remember him being a very nice polite kid. He probably weighed 210 or 220. I couldn't believe how big he ended up getting at TCU

Yep. I saw him at the baseball game last Wednesday and he
looks like he just walked off the football field at TCU.

He's supposed to play both sides of the ball in the alumni game.
I just wonder how many pancake blocks he'll have against
Black Magic. :devil:

Ex-Tiger2005
04-01-2011, 03:19 PM
O ya i played against him. I heard he is about 100 pounds overweight and a lot slower so we aint scared! :devil:

Black_Magic
04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Did y'all ever get a chance to meet this guy? (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/montgomery_giles00.html)

If not you will in a few weeks and so will Sonny Cumbie. :devil: Giles is a great football player. we look forward to playing with him. I think I may have played with a few players that stack up as being AS GOOD as him though. Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, Bruce Matthews, Mike Munchack, and Don Mosebar.. How have practices been going for Sweetwater in the last few weeks? Only 5 days to go ya know.;) It will be a fun game. Got My Centrum Silver out a couple of weeks ago so I should be ready:thumbsup:

Black_Magic
04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Yep. I saw him at the baseball game last Wednesday and he
looks like he just walked off the football field at TCU.

He's supposed to play both sides of the ball in the alumni game.
I just wonder how many pancake blocks he'll have against
Black Magic. :devil: I hope not many:( you know your supose to be nice to the elderly.

Matthew328
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
There's gonna be some sore old men on Monday

Black_Magic
04-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
There's gonna be some sore old men on Monday gona be at least one old sore man Sunday. but maybe there will be a few sore young men too.;)

Matthew328
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Black Magic we still gonna tear up the town when I get up there on May 21?

RoyceTTU
04-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Black Magic we still gonna tear up the town when I get up there on May 21?

What you gonna do 15 minutes later :doh: :doh: :D

Sweetwater Red
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Giles is a great football player. we look forward to playing with him. I think I may have played with a few players that stack up as being AS GOOD as him though. Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, Bruce Matthews, Mike Munchack, and Don Mosebar.. How have practices been going for Sweetwater in the last few weeks? Only 5 days to go ya know.;) It will be a fun game. Got My Centrum Silver out a couple of weeks ago so I should be ready:thumbsup:

Bruce Matthews is one of my all-time favorite players. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a nice little football fix in the spring.

Sweetwater Red
04-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I hope not many:( you know your supose to be nice to the elderly.

All trash talking aside, you and Wells were the best players on the field last year for Snyder.
That's not bad for you being an old man. :devil:

STANG RED
04-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Is the game in shnydr this year?

garciap77
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Stang! Are you playing?

Sweetwater Red
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM

Nope. It's in our backyard again this year.

cr180t
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Didn't Black Magic play in the NFL. I bet he has seen several good players before.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
Didn't Black Magic play in the NFL. I bet he has seen several good players before.

Don't you have school to teach:p

cr180t
04-19-2011, 09:24 AM
No watchin Regional golf/ Do not tell Rancher lol

Matthew328
04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Regional golf?? Sounds like a tough day at the office!

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Regional golf?? Sounds like a tough day at the office! You asked about tearing up the town.. Its Kats Club baby!! nuthin but tha best.

Matthew328
04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
What an awesome Friday night...dinner at the Spanish Inn with cr180t and Kats Club w/Black Magic afterwards...good times right there folks...

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
All trash talking aside, you and Wells were the best players on the field last year for Snyder.
That's not bad for you being an old man. :devil: Wells is playing again this year. I gotta say he is very impresive. 6'1 210 and quick as all get out. he really should be playing for somebody.. Matt Rey is QB for us this year so we should be just fine there. He took us to the semis vs in 2004 so we are good in that position. Should be a good game and fun as

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
What an awesome Friday night...dinner at the Spanish Inn with cr180t and Kats Club w/Black Magic afterwards...good times right there folks... Hey.. why cant we switch.. I like the spanish inn. cr180t can do the Katz deal. he is on thier VIP list and has a special table they pull up to the front when he walks in. You know, kinda like on the movie Good fellas.

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
No watchin Regional golf/ Do not tell Rancher lol

Girls? I notice Snider has a heck of a team.

Matthew328
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I think thats where he took me and Padilla last year...it was either Spanish Inn or La Familia I think

RoyceTTU
04-19-2011, 09:50 AM
There is a sandwich shop on the square that is real good. Also has cold beer also. During the HBC grand opening, we tried to drink them dry :D

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Back on the topic of the alumni game. IS this a clip of Michael Strayley in the last years game;) VIDEO LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7A3rMN6Co)

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Back on the topic of the alumni game. IS this a clip of Michael Strayley in the last years game;) VIDEO LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7A3rMN6Co) oops.. wrong link. Sorry bout that;)

garciap77
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM

:thinking:

STANG RED
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Stang! Are you playing?

I'd hate to show the young fellas up, so I think I'll set this one out again.

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I'd hate to show the young fellas up, so I think I'll set this one out again. thanks for sparing us. wait. you older than me?

STANG RED
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
thanks for sparing us. wait. you older than me?

I think so. I'm 51. You?

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
almost that old. not far behind ya. but I plan on playin at 51 though.;)

STANG RED
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
almost that old. not far behind ya. but I plan on playin at 51 though.;)

Which just further proves what we already know. I'm much smarter than you are.:p :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
unfortunately I will not be participating in this years game

Black_Magic
04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
unfortunately I will not be participating in this years game Why not? you hurt?

TheDOCTORdre
04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Why not? you hurt?

been putting in extra time at work so haven't had the time or want to make it to a practice this go around. Figured with a baby on the way I should do what I can to make some extra cash when I can. As bad as I felt last year, with me putting in some practice time, I dont think there's anyway I could withstand a game

Black_Magic
04-20-2011, 07:58 AM
You guys getting turn out from older players this year?

Black_Magic
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Found the Interview from the Sweetwater coach of the Alumni Game last year after the game. It shows Straley in the background during the inter view.Coach Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJXP1tfSBM)
Guess he took a big lick ;)

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
You guys getting turn out from older players this year?

Not sure. The QB graduated in '91 or '92 I believe. Coach Ritchey
switched from the I formation to the spread to get the most out
of his skill set.

Black_Magic
04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Not sure. The QB graduated in '91 or '92 I believe. Coach Ritchey
switched from the I formation to the spread to get the most out
of his skill set. SO , is the qb Clemer? and are you saying coach ritchey is coaching the team now or did you mean the switched from the I to spread back in 92?

garciap77
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd hate to show the young fellas up, so I think I'll set this one out again.

Is there beer allowed for the fans watching the game?:D

Black_Magic
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is there beer allowed for the fans watching the game?:D I dont know. Doubt it. Can you Imagine it being like slow pitch softball?? come off the field and go up and sit in the stands with the wife and have a cold drink and then go back out when you need to go back in......:clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM
SO , is the qb Clemer? and are you saying coach ritchey is coaching the team now or did you mean the switched from the I to spread back in 92?

Yeah, Clemmer is the QB. I meant back in '92. I wish Ritchey was still coaching.

garciap77
04-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I dont know. Doubt it. Can you Imagine it being like slow pitch softball?? come off the field and go up and sit in the stands with the wife and have a cold drink and then go back out when you need to go back in......:clap: :clap:

OK, so beer is allowed! I think I just might go watch this game. ccmom, nobogey, any of the Wylie faithful interested?

Black_Magic
04-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Clemmer is the QB. I meant back in '92. I wish Ritchey was still coaching. I know him. Our daughters are on the same teams here for Basketball and Volleyball. I sure hope he decides to get rid of that rock quick. ah well, Im sure we will still be frieds AFTER the game. I sure hope they decide to open it up ant throw the ball alot.

Sweetwater Red
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I know him. Our daughters are on the same teams here for Basketball and Volleyball. I sure hope he decides to get rid of that rock quick. ah well, Im sure we will still be friends AFTER the game. I sure hope they decide to open it up and throw the ball alot.

I hope both teams do. Either way, I'd be willing to bet more than
3 points will be scored in this one.

Sweetwater Red
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Two alumni football games slated Saturday

Most former high school football players think they will never play again. However, Texas Alumni Football is changing that, with not one but two alumni football games on Saturday at Mustang Bowl.
It will be Roby vs. Roscoe in the opener of the doubleheader at 4 p.m. That game is followed by Sweetwater vs. Snyder in the nightcap starting at 7:30 p.m.
Texas Alumni Football is also responsible for two other Abilene-area games on Saturday. Aspermont plays Hermleigh on Aspermont's field at 2 p.m., and Stamford squares off with Haskell at Stamford's Bulldog Stadium at 7:30 p.m.
Members of Sweetwater's roster for Saturday night's game are Isaac Aguilar (Class of '95), Nemesis Armstead (Class of '97), Lamar Blueford (Class of '95), Nick Boil (Class of '99), Terry Clemmer (Class of '94), Steven Fields (Class of '09), Dean Mayfield (Class of '99), Rufus McCann (Class of '09), Giles Montgomery (Class of '04), Kevin Oliver (Class of '99), Jonathan Palafox (Class of '98), Tod Tinney (Class of '99), Dwayne Watts (Class of '98), Shederick Williams (Class of '97), Travis Wright (Class of '97), Jason Blueford (Class of '97), Mark Lara (Class of '94), Alex Kamer (Class of '06), Donnie Daniel (Class of '00) and Tim Medina (Class of '03).
Texas Alumni Football, which is based in Austin, claims to have suited up over 5,000 ex-Texas high school football players this year in various locations around Texas. The games are popular with players and fans, as over 3,000 fans watched Class 2A alumni games in Crane and Big Lake earlier this year.
Texas Alumni Football says local communities enjoy a rare opportunity to watch their former high school gridiron stars in action again, and schools benefit by having the opportunity to re-engage alumni and to gain financially.
Schools keep 100 percent of concession revenues, and often find other ways to raise funds for their schools during the games.

Sweetwater Reporter (http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/two-alumni-football-games-slated-saturday)