PDA

View Full Version : UIL Snapshot day.

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm having a bad memory moment. What time of year do they typically do that?

Matthew328
03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
October

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
October

Thanks.

I've heard we're gonna be real close to 500 next year and that was from a very reliable source.
We were at 588 last realignment. Might be looking at 2A soon. :(

theville
04-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Is it drying up there in Sweetwater?

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by theville
Is it drying up there in Sweetwater?

The town? No. Enrollment? Apparently. I'm guessing it's just a case of a few small classes
coming through.

Rabid Cougar
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Thanks.

I've heard we're gonna be real close to 500 next year and that was from a very reliable source.
We were at 588 last realignment. Might be looking at 2A soon. :(

2 A is 420 something.

I thought you were going to talk about Brownwood's and Wylie's "Hide the Kids" Day.

mustang84
04-01-2011, 10:19 AM
we have 498 students in HS right now. That was as of this week. 2A number is 465 I think.

pirate4state
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mustang84
we have 498 students in HS right now. That was as of this week. 2A number is 465 I think. wow that's nuts!!

maybe only old people live there now? :devil: :D

Black_Magic
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Thanks.

We were at 588 last realignment. Might be looking at 2A soon. :( when they institute the 6a system this next realignment Sweetwater will actualy be right in the middle if not the upper half of 3a. the cutoff for 3a will be in the 800 range give or take 25 or so. folks like clyde will be 3a again along with breckenridge.

RoyceTTU
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
we have 498 students in HS right now. That was as of this week. 2A number is 465 I think.

Did here correctly SW is looking into a coal plant. If that's the case, I'm sure you enrollment will get a small boost

Rabid Cougar
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Did here correctly SW is looking into a coal plant. If that's the case, I'm sure you enrollment will get a small boost

Propellers and lignite.... covering both end of the spectrum now? Next thing you know they will be glowing in the dark.

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM

Already huh? Well, if anybody would know it would be you.

The cutoff for 2A was 429 for the last relignment.

Originally posted by pirate4state
wow that's nuts!!

maybe only old people live there now? :devil: :D

:tongue:

Originally posted by Black_Magic
when they institute the 6a system this next realignment Sweetwater will actualy be right in the middle if not the upper half of 3a. the cutoff for 3a will be in the 800 range give or take 25 or so. folks like clyde will be 3a again along with breckenridge.

I guess we'll see.

Ernest T Bass
04-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Damn, Sweetwater was 4a less than 10 years ago!
As for 6a, not much will change. Sixman will become 1a, 1a will go to 2a, 2a will go to 3a, etc...There may be a few changes for the bubble teams, but for the most part, teams will stay together.

ccmom
04-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
2 A is 420 something.

I thought you were going to talk about Brownwood's and Wylie's "Hide the Kids" Day.

So I guess since both of those schools have beaten CS, they must be cheaters? :rolleyes: :doh:

Whatever makes you feel better about it, sugar...:D

Rabid Cougar
04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
So I guess since both of those schools have beaten CS, they must be cheaters? :rolleyes: :doh:

Whatever makes you feel better about it, sugar...:D

I have never said that. Brownwood won fair and square. The questionable non-fumble before halftime against AW cannot be attributed to AW itself. Their play was fair and honorable.

Just wondering how a town the size of Brownwood is 3 A and is larger in population than Belton, which is 5 A; and why the UILs upper limit for 3 A is always AW's enrollment +1.

ccmom
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I have never said that. Brownwood won fair and square. The questionable non-fumble before halftime against AW cannot be attributed to AW itself. Their play was fair and honorable.

Just wondering how a town the size of Brownwood is 3 A and is larger in population than Belton, which is 5 A; and why the UILs upper limit for 3 A is always AW's enrollment +1.

That's an interesting theory since Wylie doesn't even have the largest enrollment in our district, much less the state. :doh:

As far as Brownwood, all the cool kids go to school in Early. Everybody knows that!!! :D

95mustang
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Let me see if I can help you out some.

Belton ISD covers 200 sq miles where Brownwood ISD covers the City of Brownwood. There are 2 high schools in Brownwood with one being a private school. Within the boundaries of Brown County there are 9 high schools with 2 of them being 2A schools and one of the current 2A schools was a 3A school not to long ago. We are actually third in enrollment numbers in our district. I hope this helps explain some of your questions.

I just hate the fact that you aren't able to sleep at night because you are worrying about Brownwood and/or Abilene Wylie. :D

pero chato
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Let me see if I can help you out some.

Belton ISD covers 200 sq miles where Brownwood ISD covers the City of Brownwood. There are 2 high schools in Brownwood with one being a private school. Within the boundaries of Brown County there are 9 high schools with 2 of them being 2A schools and one of the current 2A schools was a 3A school not to long ago. We are actually third in enrollment numbers in our district. I hope this helps explain some of your questions.

I just hate the fact that you aren't able to sleep at night because you are worrying about Brownwood and/or Abilene Wylie. :D

You don't really believe that a few facts will result in an informed opinion, do you?

Rabid Cougar
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I sleep very well at night, thank you for your concern.

Discussion boards would be very boring places without conspiracy theories... there always has to be someone that burst the bubble with actual facts.....

stang92
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Towns like Brownwood and Big Spring have an overly large "elderly" population. Not a lot of kids for towns that size. brownwood's like 19,000 and according to the 2010 census Big Spring has over 27,000. Now Sweetwater has like 498 kids in HS is hard to believe. Andrews according to the 2010 census has over 11,000 but are going to be looking at well over 900 enrollment when next October rolls around. The elementary where my wife teaches has over 550 kids and that school only has 4th and 5th grades. Strange how population dynamics differ in towns in the same area and of the same size.

Rabid Cougar
04-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Sounds familiar. China Spring has 8,500 living within it's school district (Since we are not incorporated nor ever will be. Half the school district is in Waco City Limts and the rest in its ETJ ) with about 655 in high school. Freshman class has 214 in it and classes only get bigger from there down. They will have close to 800 in HS when this freshman class are seniors.

mustang84
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Sweetwaters enrollment is down because of all the kids that are transfering to Roby, Roscoe, and Highland thats where alot of our kids are.

WildTexan972
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Sounds familiar. China Spring has 8,500 living within it's school district (Since we are not incorporated nor ever will be. Half the school district is in Waco City Limts and the rest in its ETJ ) with about 655 in high school. Freshman class has 214 in it and classes only get bigger from there down. They will have close to 800 in HS when this freshman class are seniors.

simple math skills taught back in the days before TAKS would prove that if the current freshman class has 214, and the classes below that are all bigger, then the HS will have WELL OVER 800 by the time the freshman class is the senior class......

jason
04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
simple math skills taught back in the days before TAKS would prove that if the current freshman class has 214, and the classes below that are all bigger, then the HS will have WELL OVER 800 by the time the freshman class is the senior class...... thats what i was thinking...will be closer to 900 or 1000 depending on how much bigger the lower classes have...

garciap77
04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Sweetwaters enrollment is down because of all the kids that are transfering to Roby, Roscoe, and Highland thats where alot of our kids are.

Wylie's enrollment is always down because off all the kids that are transfering to Abilene high, Cooper, Jim Ned, Eula, ........:D

Rabid Cougar
04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats what i was thinking...will be closer to 900 or 1000 depending on how much bigger the lower classes have...

Whatever.

School board is predicting 800-850 based upon the lower class's numbers and the current rate of move-in/move-out and drop out rate.

Either way, we will be having to build another High School or Jr.High or have major additions if that number or larger comes about.

bwdlionfan
04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
2 A is 420 something.

Brownwood finally got the secret info of what to do with all the kids on snapshot day from Wylie a few years ago... Why do you think we stayed at the bottom of 4A for so long?

In all seriousness though... Belton also has Fort Hood to draw students off of... and people living around the lake due to living near Fort Hood, Temple, and Killeen.

buckeyebob
04-05-2011, 07:35 AM
From what I can tell, the Superintendents seem to believe that UIL will not go 6A but will devide 3A into Div. I and Div. II like 2A & 1A. That will devide The District of Doom up with Carthage & Henderson going Div. I. Can't say I am sorry.

PPHSfan
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
simple math skills taught back in the days before TAKS would prove that if the current freshman class has 214, and the classes below that are all bigger, then the HS will have WELL OVER 800 by the time the freshman class is the senior class......

Actually, that doesn't mean anything. Attrition and economy don't give a rats ass where you were three years ago, or where you should be three years from now.