PDA

View Full Version : New Caldwell HC

HawkEye
03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
With Coach Williams moving on (to A&M Consolidated) there is no need to change what is working. The OC at Caldwell (Travis Grubbs) should be named as the AD/HFC. That would keep the staff intact, also. William's leadership AND the coaches on staff are the reason for the successes They have a system in place that has had considerable success in the past 5-6 years. The only reason you hire outside the system is if you want to run a different offensive system. I guess things will sort out at the board meeting on Monday.

bigcat8
03-31-2011, 02:53 PM
heard former oc took an ap job at giddings..

Johnny Utah
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Most school districts usually hire from outside to get the "best coach" to lead the program above and beyond the success that they have had. Now, in this day and time some districts may hire from within due to budget issues, but sometimes a new coach can spark a program to get it over the top and above and beyond. Caldwell was successful under Storming Norman Cobb who ran a weird huddle 2 feet from the ball and sprinted to the line and snapped it very quickly, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Systems work because coaches get the kids in the right positions. Cameron used to be nothing but wing-t on offense and split 6 on defense, they have been successful at alot of systems. Rockdale used to be 2 back veer(had success), and have had success with the spread. If Caldwell does go outside, dont knock the new coach and his system...it may just get Caldwell to the next level.

zebrablue2
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I would sure miss watching that offense! It was a well oiled machine!

easttexas3a
04-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I have heard Rob Paschall could be coming back. He is the current OC at Lamar Consolidated, not sure when he was at Caldwell but heard he was there a number of years?

Ernest T Bass
04-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I have heard Rob Paschall could be coming back. He is the current OC at Lamar Consolidated, not sure when he was at Caldwell but heard he was there a number of years?

Ive heard the same thing. Would be a great hire for the Hornets.

easttexas3a
04-03-2011, 12:17 AM
When was Rob with Caldwell?

Ernest T Bass
04-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
When was Rob with Caldwell?

I think it was 1999-2002. First part of the decade, I know.

Ernest T Bass
04-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Correction, 99-2004. Got there while the Hornets were in the middle of back to back 1-9 seasons, and helped build them into playoff contenders.
This guy is gonna be big time pretty soon. Caldwell needs to snatch him up.

tog
04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I loved my time there.

dog40
04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Does anyone have any information on how the lower levels did in football? JV and Fish? Along with 7th and 8th? Good numbers?

Yoe_09
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by dog40
Does anyone have any information on how the lower levels did in football? JV and Fish? Along with 7th and 8th? Good numbers?

Not sure on the JH programs. I know we beat the Caldwell freshmen by over 50. The Caldwell JV had a solid group of kids.