PDA

View Full Version : Man, USC hanging thier hopes on a 14 year old

Gsquared
03-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Alot of things can happen to this kid between now and then but this is the day and age of the internet! Making kids stars before they are sophomores in HS

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/14-year-old-recruit-David-Sills-visits-USC-with-?urn=highschool-wp439

Farmersfan
03-31-2011, 07:57 AM
This is completely retarded. I have seen a lot of kids that are dominate at the 8th grade level who are average as a senior. And how is this even legal? I thought a kid could not sign a letter of intent until they were late in their junior year or something like that. I 'm sure there are rules against a 8th grader signing with a college program............

Txbroadcaster
03-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
This is completely retarded. I have seen a lot of kids that are dominate at the 8th grade level who are average as a senior. And how is this even legal? I thought a kid could not sign a letter of intent until they were late in their junior year or something like that. I 'm sure there are rules against a 8th grader signing with a college program............

he did not sign anything..all verbal

NastySlot
03-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

think he is just committed ....hasn't signed.

Farmersfan
03-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
he did not sign anything..all verbal

If that's the case then this might pretty smart on USCs part. Make a offer that isn't binding to try to lock up this kid and if he regresses throughout his highschool years they can simply walk away without any obligations.

RoyceTTU
03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
here is a little dialogue from USC recruiter

"now son, when you are old enough to go to college, we will finally be out of our NCAA sanctions and you could be the start of a new chapter, we are recruiting for the future because the present has no light at the end of the tunnel" :D

Ernest T Bass
03-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Nothing is binding until signing day of the kid's senior year. I do believe Mack Brown perfected the art of verbal committments.

NastySlot
03-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Nothing is binding until signing day of the kid's senior year. I do believe Mack Brown perfected the art of verbal committments.

oh doubt I truly believe that was the edge he had in over taking Slocum in recruiting and building his program. I believe he and staff took recruiting to a new level with Jr. commits and Jr. camps..............very very smart....don't know if he's a great x's and o's man but he is a Great business man....and they have done a Great Job in Austin.

NastySlot
03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
oh doubt I truly believe that was the edge he had in over taking Slocum in recruiting and building his program. I believe he and staff took recruiting to a new level with Jr. commits and Jr. camps..............very very smart....don't know if he's a great x's and o's man but he is a Great business man....and they have done a Great Job in Austin.

should of read- No doubt